Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metatr0n said:
Perhaps Angkor What could be a Budhist wonder.

For Northern Europe you could have the Nebra Star disc - it could increase scientific output by a small amount that fell at around 1600bc.

Angkor Wat was built to honour Vishnu so its a Hindu temple not Buddhist. Today it is occupied by Buddhists but that wasn't its purpose. I'd like to see it in the game along with Siam instead of Byzantium :mischief: :D

I can only think of cultural things right now (since all the ones I would have blathered are out there), but the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Torah, Beowulf, the Odessy, etc seem like worthwhile additions.

Other than that, Byzantium Delenda Est (quoted Cicero, now Im adapting him ;p)

Byzantium must be destroyed!

Rhye said:
I've having some troubles with my HD :(
It makes a strange noise.

I hope to save as many data as possible.
Ouch! Recently happened to me with my secondary HD (and old 20GB that I used for extra storage)... I managed to move all the important stuff to my healthy main one just hours before it stopped responding for good...

thank you for the info.
I'll continue working on the biq 0.3 as soon as I've completed the scandisk.

I managed to backup the important stuff.
Despite this morning behaviour, the HD seems not broken.
I hope that the "generic error on drive C" was a false alarm.

In April 2004 my HDD was dead ;)

Asclepius said:
Angkor Wat was built to honour Vishnu so its a Hindu temple not Buddhist.

You're quite right - you'd think I'd have remembered that, having been there.
:crazyeye:

ManiKarnika Ghat is a possible hindu wonder - available with Ceremonial burial (which will need to be renamed to something slightly different in view of the fact that not all religions bury) - it is an ancient burning ghat in the oldest, still inhabited, city in the world. A ghat is where hindus burn their dead, ManiKarnika Ghat is seen by many hindus as the holiest place to dispose of your body. This wonder could be fairly cheap - to reflect its lack of major structure - and have a happiness and maybe commerce bonus for the city it is built in.

Horsemen aren't upgrading to cataphracts for the Byzantines.

Also there is an issue where if you scroll down too far in the civilopedia units list, the game crashes. I think there is a missing graphic for an entry.

Rhye, what civ should I play in my 0.22 game and what aspects should I watch out for and report?

Rhye said:
RUS PAG CRI

AUT NOR CRI

POR NOR CRI
Russia should have the Norse religion. The Viking trade routes that wound down Russia's rivers and led to Constantinople brought all kinds of Norse culture into early Russia.

Why would Austria be Norse? Same thing with Portugal. I don't know much about them, but I'm curious to see why you list them there. (Well, I do know that Austria really didn't have enough of a population to exist as a state before the Frankish kingdom started expanding.

Rhye said:
I'm going mad with the HDs. Now both are causing problems. I have to burn the data I saved on my 2nd HD on some DVDs, because it is no longer safe.
Sorry for the inconvenience...
The inconvenience is all yours, go and save your data, we can wait.
BTW, if your hard disk dies while you're trying to save data off of it, put it in a dry, well-sealed container in the freezer for a few hours and then take it out and plug it back in to your computer... The coolness helps keep integrity for a bit longer, sometimes long enough to save that critical last library.

Rhye, at 3/4/1 the Samurai isn't a very awe inspiring UU. It isn't available until chivalry which makes it's usefullness end quickly when the 3/4/1 musketeer appears soon after with firearms. 3 attack just seems low for what should be a fearsome unit. Perhaps 5/3/1 or 4/4/1 would be better?

5/3/1 would put them on par with crusaders as the dominant foot unit until fusiliers or even 4/3/1 would be fine.

Is it just me or has anyone else testing RocX noticed that the AI seems to be far more aggressive?

I've had a go with Greece, Austria and Spain up until the end of the ancient age and each game has turned into an all-out slug-fest with everyone at war with me! I've never seen anything like it. It certainly makes the game harder. :goodjob:

One thing I've noticed is that the roaming horse archers can seriously limit (AI) Austrian development. I think the worker rarely gets a chance to build anything.

Blasphemous said:
The inconvenience is all yours, go and save your data, we can wait.
BTW, if your hard disk dies while you're trying to save data off of it, put it in a dry, well-sealed container in the freezer for a few hours and then take it out and plug it back in to your computer... The coolness helps keep integrity for a bit longer, sometimes long enough to save that critical last library.

Interesting tip, never heard of that one before. I had an HD die before and simply disconnecting and reconnecting the data cable each time it refused to spin up was enough to get it back to life at boot up.

I think some of the aggression is due to some bug or setting that is allowing certain AI to amass huge quantities of gold. In my current test game, the Persians have 6,000+ gold in the early middle ages. This allows them to buy everybody into war against anyone foolish enough to take them on. I've seen similiar things happen with the Germans, Austrians, and Russians in older versions of regular RoC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom