Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... Unless the Ottomans are Religious and Religious it shouldn't be that way. What I meant is that you should rename the Religion trait to " " so that all but the religious civs still display correct traits.
Or instead you could just write the traits in the background under the name of each civ, and really rename them all to " ". Then you can display the traits that you want. You can even add your own traits (hey, if Religious can be a trait without being a trait, why can't, say, "Diplomatic" be a trait?)

Rhye said:
You SHOULDN'T see a damn thing!
Then what's the idea? I don't get it. And it's still better to display just one trait for some civs with a note saying that means they're religious than not to display any at all. =|

You don't seem to understand.
Renaming "Religious"->" " has the effect that for example Spain is (Expansionist, ).
The 2nd picture I posted shows what happens if I rename all the attributes: it becomes ( , , ) or ( , ).

Rather than showing a wrong text or a non-sense (,)(':#), I prefer not having anything shown (darkened). The traits written in the background are a good idea, but who cares if I get the traits+religious traits+UUs clicking on "description"?
This is a way to make normal traits and religious traits more equal. Right now you have insteal normal traits shown and religious traits and UUs hidden in the pedia.

I think the most elegant option is to rename just one trait (Religious) to " ", and then what you get is some civs that say "Commercial, Expansionist, " and some that say "Seafaring, ". Then you add a note in the background saying what it means when there is only one trait listed. This way, everybody understands what each civ's trait is, and nothing looks too ugly.

I made 2 variants. One is more darker, the other has only a black box that covers the text.
One of this two will go in the 0.7, today, so that you can better judge.

EDIT: added a third variant. A little different, perhaps the best

EDIT: removed

The gradient one is better, but will you really not consider my idea? I find it far more elegant, especially since it will still allow people to quickly see each nation's traits when trying to decide who to play (I always do that and if you make it so I ahve to go into the pedia it won't be as simple.)

Look the third one just posted, I think it's better. I wonder if it is my monitor that makes that look good to me.

Your idea, well, I don't consider it elegant. Writing a thin line saying that bla bla bla. I can try if you want, but you can imagine how the result would be.

The third option that you made is best of the three, but I still think my idea would be better (and I have a mental image of it in my mind - it looks good.)
Make the note under the Game Limits button.

0.71 sent. The link is always the same, just edit the number.
For now it contains the 3rd option.

Please remember to check:

-if the new religius trait works
-if balancement has major flaws (remember that Euro civs are now crippled for the very early turns)
-the timeline: I did not check after editing, so this time it's entirely up to you.
-how's the money thing now that I've changed some caps and number of bonus units.
-if it gets slow

Thus, there are tons of fixes, new settings for cruise mussiles, air units (including kamikazes) and land units, and wonders.
There are new graphics for some wonders (now nothing is missing)
Flavour units are implemented. You can see different icons (but NOT in the civilopedia: they will remain the same). By the way, civilopedia duplicate entries are still missing: it's the next thing I'm doing.
Report any wrong setting (like France having both Musketeer and Musketman, or having no Spearman at all, etc.).

I am not sure about the upgrades anymore, since there are so many flavor units haha

however, I would like to know how to reverse the changes you made in the player select screen. I made it white again, but i cannot figure out how to make it display the traits again.

Aeon, he renamed all the traits in the biq to " " so their names aren't displayed. Use the editor to change that if you wish.

I THOUGHT thats what it was.

Also, no flavor chariots require horses. This could be an issue... just maybe.

I still haven't started on 0.71 and won't until I'm done with british imperialism, so Rhye, feel free to release patches like mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom