Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree :) I really agree

I need to know if these sentences are OK or if there are grammatical mistakes or mispells. This will be pasted in the updated readme and in the site, in the "additions" section

"Another inaccuracy is the lack of an elephant unit for Carthage, Persia and the rest of the civs that once used them in battle: there’s only the Indian War Elephant, available in the Middle Ages (completely out of place). Because of this, an Elephant Archer unit was added; and was moved back to to the Ancient Age with lower stats together with the War Elephant. “Horseback Riding” was renamed “Riding” and enables two new resources: elephants (replaces ivory) and camels, which allow the elephant units and the new Camel Rider."

It's all grammatically correct and spelled right. You might want to note that Elephants is no longer a luxury, though.

What's going to replace elephants as a luxury, tobacco?

Rhye, in a related issue, with the marketplace no longer doing the lux trade thing, what additional improvements do you have giving a happy (content) face?

I am currently using Marketplace, University, Hospital, Mass Transit System, Harbor, Airport, Police Station; the wonders The Colossus, Heroic Epic, Forbidden Palace, Temple of Artemis, Secret Police HQ: 1 Happy face.
Universal Suffrage, Longevity: 1 Happy face, 1 Happy face all cities

I tried with library and courthouse, but that was too much, too early for there to be any challenge; Harbor is questionable at this point. However, with 8 lux there is the issue of how to get much into metro territory without them all being unhappy.

Rhye said:
This map is filled with luxuries: with that setting the strong gets stronger and the weak gets weaker.

Excuse me, what is "metro territory"?
I think this is the first city like USA-Washington England-London France-Paris... etc. Maybe hes french cause in french we say Capital or Metropolis.

Paris -> metropolitan France

"metro territory": metro sized cities (13+)

I have received the fixes. The work is now again in my hands. If I find the time to test and put all together before 17:30 local time (+1 GMT) I'll post it. Otherwise I have to go to sing until 20:30 and then at 20:45 I can't miss Italy-Bulgaria (Euro 2004): I would post it before the night (still day in America).

great work, habee! From now on we are in 2 in editing the site!

Hey,

First I'd like to thank you Rhye for making a very good mod. I've always wondered why the dev's never included a huge map of Earth in Civ3, along with correct starting locations and accurate resource placement. Although there are a few things I dont necessarily agree with as far as rule changes, I still think you did a great job and Im looking forward to future releases.

I am on my 3rd game so far with your mod and Ive had a great time reenacting history as well as changing it. My first game I was feeling agressive so I played the civ that is the closest thing to Mordor the Earth has ever seen, and that of course was the Mongol hordes!! Unfortunately I built too many wonders, libraries and temples and won a cultural victory before I could finish my conquering of the world, but all of Asia and Europe were under my rule before it ended so I guess it wasnt too bad.

My 2nd game was a diplomatic victory with Greece. It was fun, but I was a lil disappointed since I led the tech race (Monarchy lvl) from the late Ancient Age until the end but only got one great scientific leader. :(

Anyway, Im playing my 3rd game as Rome with plans to rule to Mediterranean and beyond. I went straight for Spain and Portugal and took them out early and built my Forbidden Palace in Madrid. Now my question is did you change the way the forbidden palace works in the latest patch? The Roman city of Lisbon is only 6 tiles from Madrid, yet 12 of 16 shields produced are lost due to corruption. I have the latest official Conquests patch (1.22) and am running Rhye's version 2.33 Sorry if this has been covered already but I am lazy when it comes to searching. :cool:

Thanks,
Chad

Chad, I did not change any Forbidden Palace setting, (I think it's hardcoded), but I edited corruption and maximum number of cities (very low: 10)

I suggest you to increase difficulty level to emperor or demigod if you're winning so easily

Rhye, you should update the treadtitle, and your sign.
Anyway, i hope everything will work! I almost waited too long!

We reached again 70%, thank you!

Let me know if this patch offers what expected, and how is now playing Carthage with elephants.
If any of you has written some strategy guides, they should be written again in case of all the civs next to elephants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom