Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, you are putting good ideas.
In spite of my thoughts about the shield solution
Originally posted by Rhye
a shield-only solution would cause: 1) Starting locations to be edited, because some civs like Egypt don't have many shields near. 2)That wouldn't be so effective, because more a city grows, more the shields cost isn't a problem
It's something worth a try. I recommend you adding some LM desert near Egyptian and Arabian starting locations. Then, play a game with visible map to see what's happening.

Ah, about the curraghs.
I changed that after having played a standard game with a seafaring civ and noticed that Trireme was useless.
Attack 1 defense 1 moves 2 become for a seafaring civ 1/1/3. I did not use any trireme, only that small boats (and I ask myself how that boats could be armed). And I think Alphabet is a non-sense prerequisite tech. Pottery means water-proof containers: it makes more sense.

HeartOfTroy shouldn't disturb your topic :(

Rhye, i'm not a advanced modder, i'm appaling in graphics

Congratulations to the 1000:th post! :cool:

Uh....is it a bug of my mod or of conquests?

It's in Conquests. During playtest feudalism was intended to have free city improvements & 3gold unit support. The free buildings didn't make it to the release, but the 3gold/unit was left/forgotten.

Curraghs -> But they can't transport troops, so Triremes are not useless.

But the naval aspect of Civ is wierd in many ways, both the boats and the Harbour.*

On another note: Corruption feels very low when I'm playing.

*) inreased food, resource trade & veteran ships with one building. Should be three: mil harbour (veteran ships), commercial harbour (overseas trade with resources + extra trade like the Commersial docks no-one ever get's to build) and fishing docks (extra food from water)

I will be finished with my scenario for Rhye's mod tonight. Its based on the 170x170 World map but has been tweaked. Fedualism Goverment is fixed. Curragh ship now attacks and defends and transports 1 unit. Settlers cost 2 population points and double Rhye's shields(x2) to build. All nations have extra cities. The game scenario is developed on the game starting in 10,000 B.C. and you pick up at 4000 B.C. . Some nations are stronger and other are weak. A few nations that start out looking stronger may not be able to build settlers so they will focus on armies and wonders.

I will post it later tonight under a new thread! You need Rhyes mod to play it!

Later

HOT

i will donload it when 15 peoples will are downloaded it ;)

LOL...No problem! I think you will like it. I'm just fine tuning it. It's to make the world unfold closer to history...not perfect but fun!

Later

HOT

Hi, I have posted the scenario in a new thread. Please download and enjoy it!

Later

HOT

PS...Not perfect, but fun!

Originally posted by Iztvan
On another note: Corruption feels very low when I'm playing.

Is it too low? It should raise with 10+ cities.

Originally posted by HeartOfTroy
I will be finished with my scenario for Rhye's mod tonight. Its based on the 170x170 World map but has been tweaked. Fedualism Goverment is fixed. Curragh ship now attacks and defends and transports 1 unit. Settlers cost 2 population points and double Rhye's shields(x2) to build. All nations have extra cities. The game scenario is developed on the game starting in 10,000 B.C. and you pick up at 4000 B.C. . Some nations are stronger and other are weak. A few nations that start out looking stronger may not be able to build settlers so they will focus on armies and wonders.

I gave a look at it.
Yes, there are some inaccuracies, first of all in 4000BC there were no Roman or Egyptian cities. But there weren't Paris or London, too, so we're looking for perfection.
The food/shield thing must first be tested, so nothing to say.
The good thing is the 10000/4000 idea: in fact I never thought that this map could be used to create scenarios beginning, i.e. in 1000BC or in 0AD or in any other time. Of course, a good work needs new civs, units and a correct techs and cities assignment. An atlas of history is all that's needed

Thanks. Its built more for fun then accuarcy. I want people to be able to build up armies and wonders and have wars.

Later

HOT

btw, does anyone know whether it is the biggest "actively" (i mean, the way people adds so many excitingly new things) user dominated game website or not???
im proud to be a civ :) i already downloaded it. just had a look...looks amazing!!
great work rhye!!!

rhye its a nice work for sure but it was toooooooooooooo slow in my pc (p4 2.4Ghz, 384 meg ram on laptop). i dunno what happened but its too slow to play :(:(

Is it too low? It should raise with 10+ cities.

OK! I'll build the Holy War and grab me some more cities and see if corruption kicks in! :D

Stupid AI settler burnout:
Portugal:

Lisbon:

Building a Settler in a size 2 city... when you already have two settlers in that sity... and you're surrounded by a big agressive nation? :mad: I got so P_O:ed that I had to invade... 4 free slaveworkers, and no annoying stupidity in on my dear Iberian peninsula. :king:

Another example of stupid AI:

Rhye,
I tried your mod, and there are lots of things I like about it. Great work! However, one can easily win on the emporer level by being aggressive at the beginning. For example, I played the Germans and built nothing but archers. In quick succession I destroyed 3 civs before they even built a second city. The AI concentrates on building a settler and only has warriors to guard their cities. Perhaps a starting defensive unit for all civs would help, since without an actual defensive unit the difficulty setting defaults to the warrior. Just some thoughts...

If you want a challenge try my thread. The (HOT) Rhye's Ancient World 170x170 Scenario. It want be so easy!

Later

HOT

Originally posted by HeartOfTroy
If you want a challenge try my thread. The (HOT) Rhye's Ancient World 170x170 Scenario. It want be so easy!

Later

HOT

Where is your thread ? :confused:

OK.

I'll start gathering information for a v2.1, without hurrying (more I wait, more I gather):

to do:

- try changing the food/shields cost
- correct LM terrains close to starting locations to fit new shields cost
- make AI more protected at the beginning. It could be a bonus unit, or town default defense, or a palace bonus if possible.
- make fanatic every 4 turns with reduced defense
- should I change feudalism?? I'm not into it and I don't know if it is HoT personal choice or it is a bug to be corrected.
- same with Forbidden Palace: I've heard a lot about it but don't know what's the problem. Can anybody explain me?
- Perhaps some corruption setting changes to help AI

and of course test if it's all ok

Originally posted by thasan
rhye its a nice work for sure but it was toooooooooooooo slow in my pc (p4 2.4Ghz, 384 meg ram on laptop). i dunno what happened but its too slow to play :(:(

I don't believe it, you've got a faster computer than mine!
In first page there's the table with the precision timing. The only way to raise them considerably is playing with Sid difficulty level

Originally posted by Iztvan

Building a Settler in a size 2 city... when you already have two settlers in that sity... and you're surrounded by a big agressive nation? :mad: I got so P_O:ed that I had to invade... 4 free slaveworkers, and no annoying stupidity in on my dear Iberian peninsula.

That happens with standard games, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom