Rhye's Terrain Graphics Modpack

Hi

Someone tried to use my Mod Installer for Mac OS X to add your file sets to his Civ3 installation and it failed. He asked for help in the Mac forum, and I invetigated. The problem was that the files are not packaged in a consistent way for automatic installation - presumably because most mod users do it by hand.

Anyay, I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of consolidating all your vanilla files for 1.0.1 and 1.0.3, including the readme, into a single .zip file for this Mac user, and it should now install painlessly on a Mac using my drag and drop installer. A PC player could use this set to do the installation manually in a single step, or maybe WinZip would install it directly.

As the complete mod is a 4.5 MByte file I've uploaded it to my space here. If you prefer that I remove it please say so. Otherwise it's freely available for all your users until I run out of space and have to remove it. If you produce a new version that I should incorporate, please PM me, in case i don't pick up on it here.

How do I get the Rhye Terrain, with the New Team colors? I've also, got the Taé Shala resources, but I think I can install those, by just copying over the files in the art folder.

You can have the terrain from the first page of this thread, while you can get the colours from the purple link of my signature. If you want to use both them together, backup your conquests\art\terrain folder or \ptw\art\terrain if you have ptw or \art\terrain if you have no expansion, and then move all the files included in the terrain package into that dir - overwrite everything. In this way this becomes your default terrain, and then you can play the scenario with the new team colours.

It seems that the Conquests 1.32 file is infected by a virus.

edit: False alert, i am sorry.

Awesome work, I have been using this for a few days now and I love it.

I have a small request if it's not too much of a problem. I've always loved SnOOpy's whale resource. Is is it possible that you could convert it to work with your mod? I had a go myself but with no success.

Then your mod would be perfect (IMO anyway).

BTW, I can see the ocean 'zigzags' quite clearly. I'm using your mod 1.32 for vanilla Civ3. They appear most strongly when an ocean tile is to the east or southeast of a sea tile.

I use a Mac Powerbook; I wonder if this zigzag is more apparent on LCD screens and this is why some can't see it?

Well done Rhye. Just what was missing from my DyP games. Now Civ3 feels complete.

Top Bottom