RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Just to let everyone know: Ornedan's discoveries WILL be part of the next version. So we should be relatively bug free. ;)

Soooo, how about an ETA of the next version?

I would much rather wait for that if it isn't too far away than mess around changing what I have now with these fixes. ;)

No idea whatsoever. Depends on a few things.... Just merged the DLL portion of GreyFox's work (To give an idea of how big a feature it is... The DLL went from 5.4 mb to 6.0 mb. Never seen it jump that far. :eek:), waiting on him to get me the python. Then I can start on the XML... As of now we're designing. ;)

Will have a 'flavor' patch out soon (I know, said it before), and I'll probably incorporate Ornedan's fixes into that.

This isn't quite a bug, but the python function "def countMana(self, pPlayer):" in custom functions is missing ice, creation, force and dimensional mana, so they aren't being counted.

Not sure if you guys actually use this function, but still...

Found quite a few bugs in a recent game.

I was Playing as Illians made a rush to summon the Frozen all good so far.

When I switched to The Frozen I couldn't see any of my units they were all hidden in the blackness but I could see all the land that I could when I was playing as the Illians. When reloaded I could then see my units.

I built my cities went about playing the game something stuck me as weird. The Frozen civ can't do much with ice once it turns glacial I couldn't build any improvements don't know if its intended but I think they should be able to build on it.

I found something that is very easily exploitable. I built the white hand ritual and with the priests I could summon a huge army that costs nothing and doesn't take that long. But what makes this really bad is that when frostlings die they give you frozen souls. So I was able to march the army frostlings up to Dunwich and suicide most of them for a huge amount of frozen souls. I also think I was getting 2 souls per frostling death as I seemed to be getting more souls than I was losing. After I took the city I moved on to the capital where I just kept throwing frostlings at the city for souls.

In the the end I had a capital at size 200+ and the other cities around 100. I was able to finish wonders in one turn and once I got the guilds civic I was able to get a great person every turn. I'm sure you can see why this is bad.

I also noticed one last thing. I had had a bear lair in my lands for some time and after while the bear left and made a new lair in the sea :crazyeye:. To add to the craziness when I made natures revolt there was loads of bears all just sitting in the water tiles in my land not doing anything.

Sorry if any of these issues have been pointed out already I haven't read all of this thread.

Edit: I also noticed that the white hand wont spread beyond my holy city no matter what I do it will only stay there for one turn then poof it's gone.

This isn't quite a bug, but the python function "def countMana(self, pPlayer):" in custom functions is missing ice, creation, force and dimensional mana, so they aren't being counted.

Not sure if you guys actually use this function, but still...

Thanks, will look at it.

Found quite a few bugs in a recent game.

I was Playing as Illians made a rush to summon the Frozen all good so far.

When I switched to The Frozen I couldn't see any of my units they were all hidden in the blackness but I could see all the land that I could when I was playing as the Illians. When reloaded I could then see my units.

I built my cities went about playing the game something stuck me as weird. The Frozen civ can't do much with ice once it turns glacial I couldn't build any improvements don't know if its intended but I think they should be able to build on it.

I found something that is very easily exploitable. I built the white hand ritual and with the priests I could summon a huge army that costs nothing and doesn't take that long. But what makes this really bad is that when frostlings die they give you frozen souls. So I was able to march the army frostlings up to Dunwich and suicide most of them for a huge amount of frozen souls. I also think I was getting 2 souls per frostling death as I seemed to be getting more souls than I was losing. After I took the city I moved on to the capital where I just kept throwing frostlings at the city for souls.

In the the end I had a capital at size 200+ and the other cities around 100. I was able to finish wonders in one turn and once I got the guilds civic I was able to get a great person every turn. I'm sure you can see why this is bad.

I also noticed one last thing. I had had a bear lair in my lands for some time and after while the bear left and made a new lair in the sea :crazyeye:. To add to the craziness when I made natures revolt there was loads of bears all just sitting in the water tiles in my land not doing anything.

Sorry if any of these issues have been pointed out already I haven't read all of this thread.

Edit: I also noticed that the white hand wont spread beyond my holy city no matter what I do it will only stay there for one turn then poof it's gone.

Going to reply in order, as all of these are known (and mostly fixed. :p):

No idea what causes the blacked out terrain, but it's a known issue. Save/reload fixes it.

Forgot to update improvements to be allowed on Glacial terrain; Already done that in the team version.

I'm nerfing White Hand summons hard, and the issue with population is already fixed (summons don't give souls).

Bears have waterwalking in the current version, just can't enter Ocean. Believe that's been changed.

Frozen cities lose all religions, that's been fixed. :goodjob:

Have you fixed the bug where trade routes don't add their commerce to city income for the next version (or used new code which doesn't have the bug :) )?

Cant build dwarven mine, distance from other mines >2, see image below. Unsure if this one is bug, but if it isnt plz explain why i cant build there

btw
i love these new khazad mines it became so easy to defend their cities.. even the lack of magic wont beat this:) if its possible to cause AI send some archers to defend their castles it would be major improvement in their tactics since it isnt easy to take castle when it is defended, but it causes heavy damage to invading armies, so when possible AI should try to defend them and retreat to cities only when no other choice left(ring of castles around their territory would make good job).. also archers have ranged attack so when it possible and safe they should use it - say he got road between castle and invaders stack - send them towards enemy, shoot and retreat to the castle, invaders will need massive force to deal with such tactics..
Also atm after declaring war it sends 1 stack of units into offence and just would forget about war afterwards, wont even send more forces to defend nearby cities so even small army but concentrated on one city can take them.

Attachments

• cut3.jpg
    cut3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 73
Have you fixed the bug where trade routes don't add their commerce to city income for the next version (or used new code which doesn't have the bug :) )?

I have not fixed it yet, but it will be fixed.

Cant build dwarven mine, distance from other mines >2, see image below. Unsure if this one is bug, but if it isnt plz explain why i cant build there

btw
i love these new khazad mines it became so easy to defend their cities.. even the lack of magic wont beat this:) if its possible to cause AI send some archers to defend their castles it would be major improvement in their tactics since it isnt easy to take castle when it is defended, but it causes heavy damage to invading armies, so when possible AI should try to defend them and retreat to cities only when no other choice left(ring of castles around their territory would make good job).. also archers have ranged attack so when it possible and safe they should use it - say he got road between castle and invaders stack - send them towards enemy, shoot and retreat to the castle, invaders will need massive force to deal with such tactics..
Also atm after declaring war it sends 1 stack of units into offence and just would forget about war afterwards, wont even send more forces to defend nearby cities so even small army but concentrated on one city can take them.

Only thing I can think of is that you started building one closer than two tiles from that location; Build progress is stored, and the code uses that for the distance calculation. It has to, or you could just queue a line of the improvement and have them built at once. I'm planning to look at it, though, get the saved builds to be wiped when a different improvement is built.

Only thing I can think of is that you started building one closer than two tiles from that location; Build progress is stored, and the code uses that for the distance calculation. It has to, or you could just queue a line of the improvement and have them built at once. I'm planning to look at it, though, get the saved builds to be wiped when a different improvement is built.

I hope you only mean that a tiles saved builds will be cleared if an improvement is built on THAT tile. I'm pretty sure thats what you mean. Wiping all saved builds when an improvement is built would mean that you could never work on more than one improvement at a time.

I hope you only mean that a tiles saved builds will be cleared if an improvement is built on THAT tile. I'm pretty sure thats what you mean. Wiping all saved builds when an improvement is built would mean that you could never work on more than one improvement at a time.

Assuming it works that way, yes.

I had 3 great commanders in some city, all 3 had recruteer promotion, when i used 1 to build command post - all 3 had their promotions vanished.

Unable to move mobile fortress.

When playing the mechanos, every time I turn a fortress into mobile fortress it works, but the fortress cannot be moved, empty or not.

I explored a lair and in the desription it said a gargoyle emerged from the lair but it was a pyre zombie that came out. Small bug but it kinda bugged me :rolleyes:
That happened to me too.

Unable to move mobile fortress.

When playing the mechanos, every time I turn a fortress into mobile fortress it works, but the fortress cannot be moved, empty or not.

The fortress can only be moved on Railroads; It's unit description states this.

I explored a lair and in the desription it said a gargoyle emerged from the lair but it was a pyre zombie that came out. Small bug but it kinda bugged me :rolleyes:

Yeah, txtkeys need updating. :lol:

No idea what causes the blacked out terrain, but it's a known issue. Save/reload fixes it.

Apparently settling a city fixes it too.

I remember reading this post by xienwolf a while ago on the subject:

Probably the issue with the Infernal swap then is from the Flavormod Optimization to save major map updates till between turns

What happened with Hippogriff Weyrs? They're all over the water tiles now. I would think they would go on mountains or hills. As soon as I send any unit out of my borders hippogriffs swarm from all directions and attack it.

are those frozen designed to be invincible cheaters?

Attachments

• inv.jpg
    inv.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 66
another one: 7 size cities have -11 health from blight. Any1 guess how much size 2 have?

Attachments

• blight.jpg
    blight.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom