RifE 1.20 Download and Changelog

could you give it a new name or something? Haunted Lands are intrinsically Scion. Giving them to anyone else is like putting a dress on your dog, it makes no sense. Giving HL for free to the wannabe undead while scions, who basically invented it, have to bust butt to get it and spread it, makes even less sense. Haunted Lands are basically the unzipping of ordered reality just like what animates the Scions, which is why they're not typical Lich-style undead. Read the pedia on Redactors for reference.

I'm very aware of what Haunted Lands is (First got active on the forums while testing the Scions... Starting back when there were three tiers of Awakened, and they didn't spawn. :p

My main reason is stated pretty well in the last post...
I see it as a general name for several different things, ranging from the Scions version to just some really creepy forests.

I'd rather avoid having multiple features for that; Would be like having a separate Forest feature for each art type. So basically, it's to avoid having duplicate features.

1.30 release time soon? Longing for a game ending bug free game :p

That depends, honestly. I haven't had too much time to mod as I've got two papers due in the next two weeks; So I've been rather busy with RL.

I'm very aware of what Haunted Lands is (First got active on the forums while testing the Scions... Starting back when there were three tiers of Awakened, and they didn't spawn. :p

That depends, honestly. I haven't had too much time to mod as I've got two papers due in the next two weeks; So I've been rather busy with RL.

Ha! I remember that! Scions are very challenging to play when you never get Awakened.

Good luck with the papers! I'm not sure if I can even wait two weeks for a fix to these animals/barbs. I might just have to jump into the code myself. Skeletons instead of minotaurs, lizardmen instead of cyklops and cyklops instead of giants should do it. And no unit upgrades for animals, just strength upgrades.

Game keeps OOSing like mad even with iceciro's OOSbreaker.. I think because the ai Jotnar went to war. How to fix

Game keeps OOSing like mad even with iceciro's OOSbreaker.. I think because the ai Jotnar went to war. How to fix

I'm honestly not sure, not much info to go on there. Figure I'll go ahead and announce something though... Up until now, I've been unable to play multi. A feature for 2.0 (NEXT next version; Not the one we're working on now, which is mainly updating civs to work with new mechanics and adding Grey Fox's work) will actually REQUIRE me to play multiplayer, as the mechanic will have to work differently between single player and multi (Which is the closest I will come to revealing what it is), so while doing it I will try to nail down some of the OOS issues; Even if it means playing with myself, on two comps. :lol:

Also, there will most likely be a Flavor Patch in the next few days, but don't get TOO excited when you see it. It will contain a few limited things:
  1. Hotfix DLL, obviously; Will be in an installer, so no more confusion about where to install it.
  2. Update the Kelp python to only function if Kelp is not already on the map.
  3. Move the python from FlavorStart to OnGameStart, will no longer rely on the game option.
  4. Add valid terrains to the feature, so it will be placed in default maps (thought not that well)
  5. Add a high movementcost to Kelp, so ships moving through it are slowed.
  6. Include Seven05's new ErebusContinent, which includes code to place 'Kelp Forests' (as in, forests of Kelp, not the Kelp Forest feature) in the Ocean... This is RifE's 'Official' mapscript.

I fixed the OOSing by going into unitinfos xml and removing all iAir stuff to take out ranged combat on everything but the fort commanders. It worked. Actually made the turns go faster, too...

Can you explain how Auric Ulvin spreads his ice in combat? I was fighting my friend, and basically wherever he took his stack with Auric in it, all the tiles in radius around him became snow..... it was... unpleasant. How can I counter it? Without knowing what to do about it, it's the most overpowered thing ever.... :(

I fixed the OOSing by going into unitinfos xml and removing all iAir stuff to take out ranged combat on everything but the fort commanders. It worked. Actually made the turns go faster, too...

Can you explain how Auric Ulvin spreads his ice in combat? I was fighting my friend, and basically wherever he took his stack with Auric in it, all the tiles in radius around him became snow..... it was... unpleasant. How can I counter it? Without knowing what to do about it, it's the most overpowered thing ever.... :(

Ah, then it was just that his module didn't cover all the ranged units in RifE, because we've added some. I'm going to compare our system to that in Wild Mana, see how Sephi fixed the OOS's.

To stop Auric from spreading ice, kill him. It's done via a PyReq for a spell, so is done automatically whenever he's selected. Think it may be temporary, will have to check; If it's not, it will be next version.

Alright.

Is there a way to remove guilds from rival player cities? Thinking in terms of Kuriotate or even more specifically the Scions, if a rival starts spreading Stonefire Guild around in his towns they can completely ignore city maintenance cost and build these omega empires with a thousand research per turn. Civs designed around nucleus cities like the Scions can't compete with that.

Alright.

Is there a way to remove guilds from rival player cities? Thinking in terms of Kuriotate or even more specifically the Scions, if a rival starts spreading Stonefire Guild around in his towns they can completely ignore city maintenance cost and build these omega empires with a thousand research per turn. Civs designed around nucleus cities like the Scions can't compete with that.

No, but I'm thinking of adding one; Something along the lines of inquisition would be quite easy to do. Though I'm also thinking of changing the guild system completely, and removing the FF guilds, after reading a thread in the Orbis forum. ;)

And RifE can be OP with them, as improvements can spread resources and can be built anywhere (Rather, don't require the resource; Plantations with no Horse, etc)... Your economy shouldn't really need any help from a guild. So my basic thoughts are to remove any economic benefit (or at least, DIRECT economic benefit) from them.

Thoughts on what they should do instead:

• No direct economic benefit, rather a Guild allows access to unique buildings/units... Likely several per guild. More of the Wild Mana idea than the BtS type guilds.
  • Develop guilds a bit more... Rather than a rather vanilla 'Farmer's Guild', I want guilds that represent Erebus. I could see a Dwarven Artificer's guild, for one, allowing access to a few siege/golem units.
    • Possibly go so far as to require you to adopt a Guild as the 'National Guild', or show support in some way? Preferably it would allow two or three at a time, so rather more like Civics than Religion.
  • Possibly have guild buildings replace standard buildings; IIRC, Ahwaric just finished some code that would allow buildings to remove/block other buildings, so I can ask to merge it. ;)
  • At least one event chain per guild
  • Guilds compete strongly, don't want too many in one city.
  • Bring back Headquarters

In the mean time is there a way to give them upkeep costs, like Corporations in vanilla BTS?

is iSpreadCost not being used ? I dont recall ever having to pay tax to spread a guild

You have to pay a one time fee to spread it, but there's no maintenance. I agree that with resource spreading there's going to be a lot more things like the Archos/Masquerade abuse. The BTS system of corporate maintenance had a lot of problems, so probably just focus on keeping the effectiveness of guilds from exploding to much late game (this is much worse in Orbis).

Nerf auric while you're at it. My friend makes 25 pop cities en masse with him because you've made snow/glacier so good.

i haven't noticed guilds being very powerful, most coin i ever got was maby 3, markets and gambling houses on the other hand, can make city maintenance costs negligible

Top Bottom