[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

52 more days to go according to Firaxis time!

We will know if the Mongols show up well before then.

We also need to make at least 37 posts per day to keep up the pace.

I haven't been keeping up that much in this thread, do we still have the possibility of [Isabella] from the leaked leader reveal to be the alt leader in R&F? Or completely disregard her?

Last edited:
Very well. Fifty-two days. I wonder what clues will we get today.
I won't be able to see them when they will be released, but I'll join later.

Now I have to go somewhere where noone ever wants to go - to the dentist.

Oops you're right, my bad.
But answering your question, we're not really sure where this new leader is going to beyond the fact that it will go to a Civ that's already in the game. The general consensus is that Spain, France, Egypt, India, and China seem to be the most in need of a new leader.

I wonder if any of the civs will have a unique district to replace the government plaza since the reflecting pool and central circular courtyard area seem like a likely spot to place some unique structure. It would need to be a particularly special plaza with some recognizable structure since you can only build one government plaza. Something like the Augustaion for a Byzantine civ with the pool and courtyard being replaced with the Hippodrome, for example (and in this scenario the district would incorporate some mechanic to help the civ withstand dark ages, as a reference to the Nika riots).

I wonder if any of the civs will have a unique district to replace the government plaza since the reflecting pool and central circular courtyard area seem like a likely spot to place some unique structure. It would need to be a particularly special plaza with some recognizable structure since you can only build one government plaza. Something like the Augustaion for a Byzantine civ with the pool and courtyard being replaced with the Hippodrome, for example (and in this scenario the district would incorporate some mechanic to help the civ withstand dark ages, as a reference to the Nika riots).

Ethiopia.

The dry, mountainous climate there made it very hard to maintain enough agricultural surplus to support the Emperor and his court and famines were common. As a solution for most of the history of the empire they had a travelling capital that toured the country with the Emperor and his retinue serving double duty as center of government and also supreme court.

So we really have no clue this week what will come. Looking forward to the teaser in that case! Hoping for a nice surprise.

Probably Mongols on Tuesday.

Over on the screenshot thread, we've determined that St Basil's Cathedral is basically the 'Tundra Petra'. Anybody want to wager a guess about the South Pole Station's ability, now that super Tundra tiles are taken?

Probably Mongols on Tuesday.

Over on the screenshot thread, we've determined that St Basil's Cathedral is basically the 'Tundra Petra'. Anybody want to wager a guess about the South Pole Station's ability, now that super Tundra tiles are taken?
A lot of GS points, free Eurekas of the Information Age techs (or even free techs), reduction for three Mars projects, % boost to science. Many possibilities. I never found a boost to snow/Tundra likely since it comes too late for that to be worth it.

What new could Isabella bring, Philip already has heavy religious emphasis?

My bet for tuesday is Ottoman Empire..
Well for example they could give her an exploration/discovery bonus based ability ala civ 5.

Practically though, given the number of options they have (for both country and leader) for alternate leaders, I dunno how likely they are to bring in someone so close in reign to the existing leader (being Phillips grandma even I believe). The main likelihood imho is just that she's been Spain's leader in every other civ game they've had Spain in.

I wouldn't be surprised if fixaris tries to throw in a surprise civ/leader this week but who knows, We already know Korea and Dutch from the trailer and they were the first two to be announced so it's possible the Mongols could appear Tuesday, we'll have to see the teaser.

Today the new 'First Look' teaser is going to be revealed. At which time can I expect it?
(Kind of funny, that I am waiting for a teaser to be teased :))

Top Bottom