[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

The changes the expansion brings would make the late game relevant once more.

But also increase the micro-management at the same time. There are already several aspects to the game that sometimes can be too much hassle to keep an eye on, for too little gain (religion for one).

However I remain generally optimistic about the whole thing, so long as the UI keeps pace with the changes and makes the whole experience easier than it currently is.

The changes the expansion brings would make the late game relevant once more.
I was wondering about that. As far as I can see nothing new will happen in the late game. Will moving governors around make a lot of difference in the late game? Or are we still going to be stuck with the changes you make the first 100 or so turns set you up for a win and the rest does not really change that?

Emergencies? Wonder if they will help in stopping a run away civ (the human player) from winning too easily?

So then, how is the late game going to be more relevant as you said?

Will the DLC's from current version be included in the Expansion?

That has not been Firaxis's approach in the past, and those who bought the DLCs (either one by one, or together in the DDE) would be livid if those DLC were included in the expansion at no additional cost. That said, you shouldn't need those DLCs to enjoy the expansion (you just won't have the DLC civs or scenarios).

It would be great if there were a bundle combining the base game, the base game's DLCs, and R&F (but excluding R&F-exclusive DLCs), as well as another DDE for R&F including R&F-exclusive DLCs.

It's to slow down the number of traders a civ can have. The expansion will have more opportunities for more traders through other means.
I know why they did it. I just don't like it. :p Then again, I don't think I've ever had more than eleven traders, and that's with Merchant Republic, so...I'm not the target audience for this change. :p

But also increase the micro-management at the same time.

But that's the point I've been making - there's not enough to do in the late game - only pressing "next turn" for two of the victory types (and score victory I guess...), and it becomes a drag for the other two. So, Firaxis "increases micromanagement", but what they actually do is introduce things that you have to do even in the late game, so that you're not just hitting "next turn". It increases micromanagement, because right now there is none at all. You're just spamming projects except maybe in that one important space city if you're going science (but there's no important city when going culture; you just gotta get a trade route to every civ, buff them up with policy cards and research computers).

I know why they did it. I just don't like it. :p Then again, I don't think I've ever had more than eleven traders, and that's with Merchant Republic, so...I'm not the target audience for this change. :p

I had 100 trade routes once. At that point, it really slows down your computer. Late game really hurts my computer pretty bad even with around 30 trade routes.

I remember having about 50 trade routes in my domination game as Germany. I've posted a screenshot of it somewhere.

Edit: Found it.

That has not been Firaxis's approach in the past, and those who bought the DLCs (either one by one, or together in the DDE) would be livid if those DLC were included in the expansion at no additional cost. That said, you shouldn't need those DLCs to enjoy the expansion (you just won't have the DLC civs or scenarios).

Except, they have done this in the past. Spain and The Inca were DLC for Civ 5 and then were included in Gods and Kings.

So, have we scoured Georgian and Mongolian newspapers? Tuned into Turkish radio stations? Perused west African celebrity Twitter feeds? Visited the Chateau Frontanac? Any sign of a carefully placed leak about the next civ to be revealed?
I've found nothing in Czech news, but I don't know about TV channels :p

We now know that the teasers show their respective civs' coastlines... so how will Mongolia and other possible landlocked civs' teasers work?

We now know that the teasers show their respective civs' coastlines... so how will Mongolia and other possible landlocked civs' teasers work?

Or it's just a coincidence because both Korea and the Netherlands have a prominent coastline.

I would expect to see some kind of topographical map with mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, deserts...

I had 100 trade routes once. At that point, it really slows down your computer. Late game really hurts my computer pretty bad even with around 30 trade routes.

:eek::eek::eek:

I remember having about 50 trade routes in my domination game as Germany. I've posted a screenshot of it somewhere.

Edit: Found it.

Lols...I don't think Enrico Dandolo would be threatened by your 15 actual trade routes :p

Except, they have done this in the past. Spain and The Inca were DLC for Civ 5 and then were included in Gods and Kings.

They better freaken not. Besides... between the Nubians and the Khmer to the deluxers they've given away enough content.

Lols...I don't think Enrico Dandolo would be threatened by your 15 actual trade routes :p
By the end of game, I had 25 of them. It made Magdeburg, my second city, the most productive city of the German Empire (well... that, and many mines + Ruhr Valley :p)

But still, almost 2000 coins per turn :p

Top Bottom