[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

if so, i implore all gamers and consumers to reach back in their memory and recall the DDE fiasco. Hype is FUN, but there's no need to shell out money now for it. Be hype, but wait to spend your money until you know exactly what you're getting!

^^ Thanks Jacques. However at 50 I can figure out how I want to spend my own hard earned income. Even if the expansion does not live up to the community's expectations the fact i would get 8 more civs is enough to justify (for me) the price.

Once again ...>>>>
Shut up and take my money!.png

Anyone got a clue about what the improvement (?) with the citrus trees on pic #2 could be?
I is likely a caravanserai. While it is possibly an improvement, I favor it being a wonder. Some suggestions popped up in the screenshot thread.

Will there be another pre-order bonus like the Aztecs which will make it 9 civs/10 leaders for people that pre-order? I remember the Aztecs weren't announced with the game, but the First Look just said that they are a bonus.

Are we able to pre-purchase this expansion today?

It seems - yes. It's on Steam for 29.99 EUR for pre-purchase. Not a single pre-purchase perk, though.

I hope so! My girlfriend will be very happy about that.

Just reading through her Wikipedia page, it seems like she'd be a great fit for the new Alliance system. Maybe decreases in Alliance leveling up time and/or a increases in Alliance effects?
[/QUOTE]
Seondeok is an all around great choice because she did so many things: she was not only a patron of the arts but a poet herself (much like Elizabeth I of England), she was a patron of science, she was a diplomat, she was a warrior (not personally, but you know what I mean)...There are a lot of great directions they can take her. Of all potential civs in this expansion, unless I get my dream Powhatan civ, I'm most excited about Korea. :D

New wonder spotted: Chateau Frontenac
It's right next to the Statue of Liberty on the cover.

@God of Kings happy now?

There's many minarets on the cover as well and some strange looking rocks...

Sadly, this means that there is the possibility that we've seen all but one world wonder already...
I can't see it anywhere :-( It seems that I'm blind.

Unless you are joking and there is no Chateau Frontenac :p

Has anyone considered this comment

"You will watch others buckle under their own weight"

Big empires perhaps getting a negative

Probably it will be difficult to maintain loyalty on the fringes.

If only that meant such possible scenarios, where Trajan, for example, overextends and sees his empire to fragment into France and Spain... Or England overcolonizes a bit and sees (well, predictably) America to split off. Or some civil war mechanics, where a country splits and the alternative ruler is put in power in the separatist region (where there are two leaders). Or something similar

Probably it will be difficult to maintain loyalty on the fringes.

If only that meant such possible scenarios, where Trajan, for example, overextends and sees his empire to fragment into France and Spain... Or England overcolonizes a bit and sees (well, predictably) America to split off. Or some civil war mechanics, where a country splits and the alternative ruler is put in power in the separatist region (where there are two leaders). Or something similar
Yeah, or Alexander conquering a huge territory and then losing it all.

Top Bottom