[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Depends on how obvious they want to be. A bed of coals? A feathered headdress? Cowhide shield? I assume an Iklwa.

Scots...again it depends on how obvious they want to be. Bagpipes would be super obvious. If William Wallace appears than a broadsword might be appropriate?
William Wallace never really used a broadsword despite art and other media of him with the sword; his favoured weapon was actually the longbow.

EDIT: Or at least; so I am told.

William Wallace never really used a broadsword despite art and other media of him with the sword; his favoured weapon was actually the longbow.

EDIT: Or at least; so I am told.

Statuary typically depicts him as a knight in armor. His coat of arms was a bow though.

Someone who claims to be responsible for translating Civilopedia entries into Chinese says (on a Chinese forum) that the Zulu are in the game. They also made a random reference to Braveheart in the same post.
That leak should be taken with a large grain of salt. We will have a much better idea tomorrow.

Someone who claims to be responsible for translating Civilopedia entries into Chinese says (on a Chinese forum) that the Zulu are in the game. They also made a random reference to Braveheart in the same post.
He does QA for localization. Slightly different thing.

That leak should be taken with a large grain of salt. We will have a much better idea tomorrow.
Not necessarily. They don’t have to release Zulu tomorrow for it to be potentially true.

Not much for clues in today's English Wikipedia. :) Still, there are 2 references to Italy. An opera that debuted in Venice, and on this day section mention of Galileo.

There is still the possibility of Italy, right? No one has seen any of their cities on live stream I believe. But if the Celts are in, I doubt Italy would be in. I'd actually prefer Italy over the Celts, but we'll see.

The kilt hadn't been invented yet in Wallace's time. He was a fairly wealthy land owner and minor nobility so he would have had armor.
The great kilt was definitely around (which is more like a short toga than the modern kilt), but yeah, he would have worn armor.

Don't take this wrong, guys, but of all the exciting possible civs I find it odds modern Italy is so popular. Why is that? Is it because it was a popular civ in previous iterations of the game and people have grown to accept and enjoy it? Other than that I personally find it hard to appreciate it over other Italy-related civs like Venice or Genoa, and particularly against other European civs, considering it is so cramped and space for new additions will limit them to just a few. On top of it we do have Rome already.

I'm not having a go at those who want it in, nor am I going to argue against having it included at length, I'm just curious where the popularity stems from?

Don't take this wrong, guys, but of all the exciting possible civs I find it odds modern Italy is so popular. Why is that? Is it because it was a popular civ in previous iterations of the game and people have grown to accept and enjoy it? Other than that I personally find it hard to appreciate it over other Italy-related civs like Venice or Genoa, and particularly against other European civs, considering it is so cramped and space for new additions will limit them to just a few. On top of it we do have Rome already.

I'm not having a go at those who want it in, nor am I going to argue against having it included at length, I'm just curious where the popularity stems from?

Maybe some people don't want multiple Civs based on Italian Renaissance city-states? And would rather fold them into a pan-Italian one?

When I say Italy, like many others, I want a Renaissance themed Italy Civ, specifically because I don't necessarily want to play as a single city-state.
With multiple leaders you can have a leader from Florence, Genoa, Venice, or Milan with different abilities and playstyles. Same thing goes with Pericles from Athens and Gorgo from Sparta.

When I say Italy, like many others, I want a Renaissance themed Italy Civ, specifically because I don't necessarily want to play as a single city-state.
With multiple leaders you can have a leader from Florence, Genoa, Venice, or Milan with different abilities and playstyles. Same thing goes with Pericles from Athens and Gorgo from Sparta.

I agree with @Alexander's Hetaroi -- I have no interest in a civ depicting modern Italy. Rather, a truly viable idea is a civ depicting the various Renaissance city-states (or even just throw us one, a la Civ5 Venice). The Greek multi-leader model is perfect to roll in Medici Florence, Sforza/Visconti Milan, Doria Genoa, and Venice into one civ slot.

Top Bottom