[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Maybe Wallace is just replacing Genghis as a great general. Unless I'm mistaken in recalling Genghis as one in vanilla.

Maybe Wallace is just replacing Genghis as a great general. Unless I'm mistaken in recalling Genghis as one in vanilla.
You're not. Apparently they are deliberately not revealing the replacement for Genghis.

What sort of images to expect in the teaser tomorrow if the next Civ is the Zulus or the Celts/Scotland?

Would a spear or shield be too obvious?
Or a Kilt? :p

What sort of images to expect in the teaser tomorrow if the next Civ is the Zulus or the Celts/Scotland?

Maybe cattle for Zulu... I don't really know what to expect. I can only hope that the leak is fake and I'll see a leader with onion/garlic hat on Tuesday :p

Oh, and thirty-two days!

Maybe cattle for Zulu... I don't really know what to expect. I can only hope that the leak is fake and I'll see a leader with onion/garlic hat on Tuesday :p

Oh, and thirty-two days!

What could they show in the teaser for the Ottomans? A bombard cannon? :p Coffee?

What do we think the uniques might be for a Scots/Scottish civ v. a Celts civ? If that turns out to be more than a throw away line.

Crannog - +1 housing +5 city defence... or is that considered too celtic?
Black Watch +5 to all adjacent troops
Gathering of the clans +1/2 loyalty for each citizen
Galowglas +10 on defence

Zulu don’t have to be exactly the next reveal. From my understanding, the QA guy has no idea about the First Look schedule.

Turks: cymbals, cauldron, cezve, bombards, map of the Dardanelles, maybe a fez if a later Sultan/Ataturk is chosen. The big turban if a earlier sultan is chosen.

Crannog - +1 housing +5 city defence... or is that considered too celtic?
Black Watch +5 to all adjacent troops
Gathering of the clans +1/2 loyalty for each citizen
Galowglas +10 on defence

I like the Crannog idea, but Scotland would need a lot of lake or marsh tiles. Brochs might be another good option.

I like this guy as an example of a unique support unit for Scotland:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Millin (just ignore that he was Canadian)

Oh, and thirty-two days!

If I were to be honest, with all the kerfuffle surrounding the controversy on the Cree civ, I'm not as excited for the expansion as before. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for R&F, but not as before. Probably because I need to find some security in the form of a statement/apology from the developers or Firaxis or 2K. Then the controversy might end.

I like the Crannog idea, but Scotland would need a lot of lake or marsh tiles. Brochs might be another good option.

I like this guy as an example of a unique support unit for Scotland:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Millin (just ignore that he was Canadian)
Was about to suggest brochs - quite specific to Scotland as well. The only problem is no-one is 100% sure what they were for :lol: Defence and/or food buff might make sense, with perhaps Culture coming in the later game.

Depends on how obvious they want to be. A bed of coals? A feathered headdress? Cowhide shield? I assume an Iklwa.

Scots...again it depends on how obvious they want to be. Bagpipes would be super obvious. If William Wallace appears than a broadsword might be appropriate?

Depends on how obvious they want to be. A bed of coals? A feathered headdress? Cowhide shield? I assume an Iklwa.

Scots...again it depends on how obvious they want to be. Bagpipes would be super obvious. If William Wallace appears than a broadsword might be appropriate?

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what does a "bed of coals" have to do with Shaka or the Zulus?

Just remembered it's Burns' Night on the 25th of January. That might be an appropriate week to reveal Scotland, if they are in (still a huge "if", mind...)

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what does a "bed of coals" have to do with Shaka or the Zulus?

Maybe I've been taken in by old wives' tales, but I remember reading that Shaka discarded sandals from his army and forced his troops to work on mobility and flexibility by putting their feet through difficult challenges. I heard the main one was a bed of coals, but I know branches and thorny plants were suppsoedly used as well.

Just tough to use a thorny plant for a teaser hint...

Top Bottom