[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

News to me as well. They're nerfing everything I held dear. :cry: Okay, that's a little melodramatic, but still this and especially the trade route changes both feel like a kick in the shins for tall players. Although, the more I think about it, this change probably benefits tall players over wide players, unlike the trade route change.

Yeah, but to make up for it, they've buffed the Commercial Hubs' adjacency bonuses. It's now 2 gold per adjacent river tile.

News to me as well. They're nerfing everything I held dear. :cry: Okay, that's a little melodramatic, but still this and especially the trade route changes both feel like a kick in the shins for tall players. Although, the more I think about it, this change probably benefits tall players over wide players, unlike the trade route change.

It seems to me that it it incentivizes building up districts beyond empty lot level, which at first blush sounds like it would benefit having larger cities. I'm sure I'm missing something though.

Yeah, but to make up for it, they've buffed the Commercial Hubs' adjacency bonuses. It's now 2 gold per adjacent river tile.

How's that a buff? Does this mean you get the 2 gold per each side of the tile that has a river?

Yes. Previously you were only getting 2 Gold if there is any river tile adjacent, not for each one.

Cool. It was how we tought it would work initially. I was dissapointed in my first game it was ony 2 gold for any river.

I was having trouble finding good portraits of your average modern Mapuche person.

Well, we'll probably find out on Monday if the Mapuche are in. I'd bet the mysterious portrait leader is next.

TBH, most of the pictures of Mapuche people do seem to have straight hair. So, who knows who the mysterious portrait really is?

Hopefully, we will find out Monday. Kind of hoping it is the Mapuche. I've grown fond of them after reading up on them. :)

We all know monday's teaser will be a swatch of plaid and a shiny piece of metal, which will take 6 minutes for someone on here to decode as a specific type of steel forged only in the Scottish highlands and the plaid is a pattern used specifically in Peekskill, New York, so we'll know for certain it will be Mel Gibson of Scotland.

Venice is still up for grabs as well.. not on the city-state list (nor are any Venetian cities).

Well, you can find Mapuche people with curly hair so I suppose it is possible. Most of the portraits of Lautaro are idealized, anyway.

I'm not sure if his hair is curly or the hairstyle is just flaring out a bit. I.e like this dude but a bit longer (he's one of the first google image searches for Mapuche):

Edit: This hairstyle basically

I have no idea how to make the images not giant, sorry.

If another city state takes over this ability, the achievement can still be used - maybe you would have to change the name, however.
It is not similarly easy with Jerusalem, which has an achievement tied to its history. And I would suggest another achievement for it: as Saladin liberate Jerusalem.

Or as Barbarossa...

Zulu will get the Unique Encampment for sure. Mapuche will probably be the cultural/defensive civ.

I'm guessing they'll show Mapuche next week, followed by Gaelic/Scots and then finish with the Zulu.

It'd be pretty awesome though if Scotland got unique encampments.

Someone justify this for me.

It'd be pretty awesome though if Scotland got unique encampments.

Someone justify this for me.
I googled Scottish Encampment and found only links to Freemasonry: Scottish Encampments/Lodges home to the Knights Templar body of Freemasons. :shifty:
I think a broch though would be cool, but I see it more as an improvement. Crannogs would be interesting as well only being able to build on lakes. Though they are more plentiful in Ireland.

Top Bottom