[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

I googled Scottish Encampment and found only links to Freemasonry: Scottish Encampments/Lodges home to the Knights Templar body of Freemasons. :shifty:
I think a broch though would be cool, but I see it more as an improvement. Crannogs would be interesting as well only being able to build on lakes. Though they are more plentiful in Ireland.
Crannogs were also built by the pre-Celtic people of Scotland and Ireland, not the Gaels. :p Even though this civ is obviously going to be Celt-focused, I would like to see some references to the Nordicized Gaelic culture in Orkney, Shetland, and the Hebrides. Ironically, the Hebrides are now the heart of the Scottish Gaidhealtachd.

Eighteen days.

I really wonder which Civ hints will we see tomorrow. I kinda hope for Scotland, because I want to know if Firaxis picked William Wallace, Robert the Bruce or someone else.

So provided that the last 3 Civs are in fact Mapuche, Scotland and Zulu (in whichever order) the map of Civilizations in respect to their IRL counterparts looks like this:

*Some of these are based on name sake such as Kongo = Congo (x2) and Macedon = F.Y.R.O.M. despite may not having any historical relation.
**In the case of native peoples or "First Nations" I've highlighted the full modern country(-ies) such as Cree = Canada.
***Scythia I just put in Turkmenistan because I don't know exactly where they were.
****I tried to choose colours the best I can from memory as of R&F's colour updates. For Zulu I left it black and white, and for Scotland I predict green and purple.
*****There are a lot of terms and conditions here.
Spoiler Map :

Civ6 world map Civs.png

Spoiler Named map :
Civ6 world map Civs named.png

Hmmm...starting to fill in nicely. :)

The TSL map is going to rock when all is said and done.

Hmmm...starting to fill in nicely. :)

The TSL map is going to rock when all is said and done.
Still a massive gap in Western Africa... And perhaps in the case of "True Start Location" it would be best just to pinpoint their capitals for better TSL representation as the Civs are not guaranteed to fill out their modern boarders.

So provided that the last 3 Civs are in fact Mapuche, Scotland and Zulu (in whichever order) the map of Civilizations in respect to their IRL counterparts looks like this:

*Some of these are based on name sake such as Kongo = Congo (x2) and Macedon = F.Y.R.O.M. despite may not having any historical relation.
**In the case of native peoples or "First Nations" I've highlighted the full modern country(-ies) such as Cree = Canada.
***Scythia I just put in Turkmenistan because I don't know exactly where they were.
****I tried to choose colours the best I can from memory as of R&F's colour updates. For Zulu I left it black and white, and for Scotland I predict green and purple.
*****There are a lot of terms and conditions here.
Spoiler Map :

Spoiler Named map :
This map highlights the need for more African representation, specifically West Africa. Greenland doesn't count.
Also FYI I believe the village of Pokrovka was found in Kyrgystan, but that doesn't really matter because I think she would have lived in Turkmenistan anyway.

Especially since Africa is such a large continent, and it always has the least representation other than South America. Well technically Australia only has 1 represented, but you all know what I mean. And Antarctica has 0.

On that map, West Africa and Eastern Europe stand out as the most jarringly unrepresented regions. (although it's not 100% accurate since there's plenty of overlap between the nations in the game). Hopefully the next Xpac focuses on adding a few Slavic or African nations to amend this.

Guesses at the upcoming marketing timeline? Here's what I'm thinking:

This week:
Monday - teaser for Mapuche
Tuesday - Mapuche First Look (the rabble on YouTube goes crazy - two no-name civs in a row? What's my Inca?)
Wednesday - alliance deep dive livestream with Mapuche
Friday: Temple of Artemis video and supply convoy stats

Late in the week: NDA lifts on YouTube let's plays

Next week:
Monday - Scotland teaser
Tuesday - Scotland First Look
Wednesday - Zulu teaser
Thursday - Zulu First Look
Friday - South Pole Station video

Week of release:
Tuesday - livestream with Scotland and Zulu
Thursday - It's here!

What do you all expect?

I've just thought of something... We've all been thinking that Firaxis could "mistakenly" make William Wallace the Leader of Scotland, whilst hoping that he would be a great general instead and for Robert the Bruce or someone else to lead Scotland. ...But what if the leader of Scotland turned out to be King James VII?

That would be like the Macedon and Greece issue all over again (just without a third leader)

Still a massive gap in Western Africa... And perhaps in the case of "True Start Location" it would be best just to pinpoint their capitals for better TSL representation as the Civs are not guaranteed to fill out their modern boarders.

Hence the word “starting.” :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in TSL Arabia starts on the Arabian Peninsula even though Cairo is in Egypt, that might be the only Civ right now that won't truly start where the capital would actually be located.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in TSL Arabia starts on the Arabian Peninsula even though Cairo is in Egypt, that might be the only Civ right now that won't truly start where the capital would actually be located.
I've definitely seen Arabia start in Africa on TSL. But that was before Nubia made the region even more crowded. Possible they changed it.

I've definitely seen Arabia start in Africa on TSL. But that was before Nubia made the region even more crowded. Possible they changed it.
I think in the YNAMP mod they've always placed Arabia on Mecca, which I find annoying as I would prefer them to actually start in Cairo; but then it would struggle to fit next to Ra-Kadet...

I think in the YNAMP mod they've always placed Arabia on Mecca, which I find annoying as I would prefer them to actually start in Cairo; but then it would struggle to fit next to Ra-Kadet...

And I've been seeing Macedon start in Turkey on that map as well.

@AvianBritish The Scythians were spread out from Eastern Europe to Central Asia, but for Tomyris specifically I'd say you have them in the right spot. :goodjob:

I think that might have been the case. I usually never play TSL, but watched them more.

Top Bottom