[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

I've just thought of something... We've all been thinking that Firaxis could "mistakenly" make William Wallace the Leader of Scotland, whilst hoping that he would be a great general instead and for Robert the Bruce or someone else to lead Scotland. ...But what if the leader of Scotland turned out to be King James VII?

That would be like the Macedon and Greece issue all over again (just without a third leader)
I'd love that. James VII/James I is certainly the most palatable of the Stuarts, and I think the Stuarts are underappreciated in terms of "big personalities" compared to the Tudors. :p

I'd love that. James VII/James I is certainly the most palatable of the Stuarts, and I think the Stuarts are underappreciated in terms of "big personalities" compared to the Tudors. :p
But in having King James VII lead Scotland it would suggest that Scotland is more "British" then Scottish; as King James VII became King James I of England and united the two Kingdoms to make the United Kingdom of Great Britain.
That would mean both England and Scotland are both directed towards being British rather then English and Scottish. (not that I'm complaining; just pointing out before someone else complains about it)

Although; King James would be pretty cool if you can have him lead either Scotland or England each game.

But in having King James VII lead Scotland it would suggest that Scotland is more "British" then Scottish; as King James VII became King James I of England and united the two Kingdoms to make the United Kingdom of Great Britain.
That would mean both England and Scotland are both directed towards being British rather then English and Scottish. (not that I'm complaining; just pointing out before someone else complains about it)

Although; King James would be pretty cool if you can have him lead either Scotland or England each game.
Very fair points. However, I will take James VII/I over blue-faced kilted William Wallace or Merida of DunBroch or Boudicca or whatever stereotype they might dredge up. :p

Very fair points. However, I will take James VII/I over blue-faced kilted William Wallace or Merida of DunBroch or Boudicca or whatever stereotype they might dredge up. :p
...or Nicola Sturgeon. I'll take anything over Nicola Sturgeon - but thankfully they won't add leaders still alive today; I think the most recent leader we've ever had is Queen Wilhelmina? But she does come strong after John Curtain who was most recent. These leaders are getting more and more recent...

hmm I wish spy could assassinate governors..or atleast disable them for some turns :)

Think you guys mean James VI and I, not James VII?

I can't really see them choosing him - why have Scotland at all if you are going to choose a King who was also King of England? Also, perhaps someone better informed can enlighten me but isn't he mostly famous for having a Bible named after him, being particularly right-on about witchcraft and not getting blown up? :mischief:

I'm sure Scotland will have a medieval ruler. Hopefully Robert the Bruce and not William Wallace (or MQoS) but very likely not James VI/I either.

Who knows what he's talking about, but maybe Quill will be playing Rise and Fall tomorrow .

Yup he mentioned playing something today. He can't say what it is. Unfortunately I'm still at work, and I still don't know how to watch a Twitch stream at a later time. Especially problematic when other people are streaming on his channel after him.

Yup he mentioned playing something today. He can't say what it is. Unfortunately I'm still at work, and I still don't know how to watch a Twitch stream at a later time. Especially problematic when other people are streaming on his channel after him.
I'm sure that if he starts streaming R&F, there will be a thread here with the highlights. Not the same, but better than nothing. :)

Edit: typo

I'm just gonna tune in when he starts streaming, if it's Civ VI I keep watching if it isn't I'm gonna do something else. Got nothing to do here anyways.

Top Bottom