[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

There certainly happened something on steam.db 10 - 15 minutes ago. Maybe looks like the crossplatform patch?

hmmm very weird...I'm seeing a download queued...when I clicked on the 'download now' button, it said it was over but downloaded 0 bytes,,, guess they made a mistake in the handling of the packages

There were a variety of updates done on SteamDB that affected all 3 platforms. It may be something to do with cross platform.

There were a variety of updates done on SteamDB that affected all 3 platforms. It may be something to do with cross platform.

Rise and Fall appears to be tagged as available on Mac and Linux now on the store, so this would make sense. The download size for PC is still strange, though.

Rise and Fall appears to be tagged as available on Mac and Linux now on the store, so this would make sense. The download size for PC is still strange, though.

Aspyr reps have previously indicated the the major bug with cross-platform multiplayer is on the PC side. If they figured it out, it would mean a patch for PC.

Someone on the Steam forum has an article saying R&F is due tomorrow for Mac and Linux. So this might be the winter patch for them.

Aspyr reps have previously indicated the the major bug with cross-platform multiplayer is on the PC side. If they figured it out, it would mean a patch for PC.

Someone on the Steam forum has an article saying R&F is due tomorrow for Mac and Linux. So this might be the winter patch for them.

Aspyr released R&F earlier today. It’s supposed to be without the two patches. But it’s weird that there was a PC update. Anyone heard anything else?

Anyone find it like...absurdly difficult to not get a golden age on any speed slower than standard? I'm not an optimal player (esp. with eurekas and inspirations), so I usually have a variety of ages throughout my games. When I play on slower speeds I maintain seemingly permanent golden ages for the entire game.

Anyone find it like...absurdly difficult to not get a golden age on any speed slower than standard? I'm not an optimal player (esp. with eurekas and inspirations), so I usually have a variety of ages throughout my games. When I play on slower speeds I maintain seemingly permanent golden ages for the entire game.
I'm not sure if that's entirely the case for me, but I always play epic speed and always string golden ages together unintntionally.

I don't play slower speeds, so csn't say. On standard ages look pretty balanced. What difficulty level you're at?

Now this is interesting. Aspyr published this in their Rise and Fall Q&A. I've highlighted some particulars which I find either misleading or Aspyr is close to releasing cross platform which goes against everything they have said in the Steam Mac Forum. They might surprise us.

Q: What about cross-platform multiplayer with my Windows friends?
A: Rise and Fall for Mac does not include the latest Windows patch released on March 8, 2017, making cross-platform multiplayer unavailable for the time being. Join the Civilization VI Mac group on Steam in the meantime to hop into multiplayer matches!

Now this is interesting. Aspyr published this in their Rise and Fall Q&A. I've highlighted some particulars which I find either misleading or Aspyr is close to releasing cross platform which goes against everything they have said in the Steam Mac Forum. They might surprise us.

Q: What about cross-platform multiplayer with my Windows friends?
A: Rise and Fall for Mac does not include the latest Windows patch released on March 8, 2017, making cross-platform multiplayer unavailable for the time being. Join the Civilization VI Mac group on Steam in the meantime to hop into multiplayer matches!

It almost sounds like cross-platform will be available once all the platforms are on the same patch or something.

It almost sounds like cross-platform will be available once all the platforms are on the same patch or something.

I know! And if what you and I get from this is actually true, which is surprising considering that they were making us believe that it was their last priority after content, it seems that 2K/Firaxis and Aspyr are either: 1) feeling the heat or 2) they grew a conscience, finally. So we shall see soon enough I guess and I hope it is true. However, as I have said on Steam and here, I am done with Aspyr unless they by some miracle they start releasing games and updates concurrently. But until then, I will use other means to play games and updates from day one as I did with R&F. Civ VI on iPad? Still on the fence on that one? Maybe I'll think about it after they give us some benefit like a greater discount to customers who own Civ VI and think it outrageous that cross platform is coming after almost a year and six months.

Did you get the free key from CivFanatics for your wife? That was a great thing to have come from them and this site.

Got my hands on it finally.

Of course I didn't read the whole thread, so probably won't say anything new.

Looks like an improvement to me.

However, the Joint War still seems quite broken... Got Robert the Bruce and Gandhi as neighbors. Of course, these two gentlemen with funny accents and peaceful agendas declare a JW on me as soon as they can :D With an added old issue that Bruce also declares friendship on the same turn.

Is there anything to read on how loyalty works? I had the Russian city which is closer to their capital than to mine rebel and join me, but two cities Gandhi stuck 4 tiles from my capital keep full loyalty somehow, and that's with a diplomat governor with the second promotion (one that increases pressure to foreign cities within 9 tiles). Oh, and do the Free Cities ever survive as Free Cities?

Yep. My wife still doesn't want to mess with it till we can play together, but my son has been playing it.

Free key? Was that for all you've done for the community the last year(s)?

Top Bottom