[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Could this be his main agenda actually? I've seen him telling me how bad I am for attacking my neighbors, but I don't remember what he says when you don't...

Speaking of which, how does he define who are neighbors, and who are not?

Could this be his main agenda actually? I've seen him telling me how bad I am for attacking my neighbors, but I don't remember what he says when you don't...

His main agenda has its own voice lines, he (unsurprisingly perhaps) tells you how happy he is that you haven't been attacking your neighbours (the precise line is "It were wys, pes to kepen mid thy neighbours..."). As to whom he considers neighbours, it's not specified, but at a guess, it's probably something to do with how close their cities are to yours. It seems sensible from my anecdotal experience.

We've discussed that approximately a zillion times already, I'd say we'll just have to wait and see.

So I'm thinking they're going to stick to their Civ V marketing strategy and avoid post expansion DLC
I never thought that was ever their intent. I think the lack of post xpac DLC was more of move of necessity with the dev team being so much more focused on fixing major issues from the vanilla release. With Civ VI being so much more 'complete' than previous, and with the leader swap mechanism already in place, I would be very surprised with 0 DLC between xpacs. (That being said I do expect them to be small and well spaced serving more as a reminder every 4 months or so to reenergize the fanbase.)

His main agenda has its own voice lines, he (unsurprisingly perhaps) tells you how happy he is that you haven't been attacking your neighbours (the precise line is "It were wys, pes to kepen mid thy neighbours..."). As to whom he considers neighbours, it's not specified, but at a guess, it's probably something to do with how close their cities are to yours. It seems sensible from my anecdotal experience.

Cities, or capitals? Because if it's cities, then you can basically please him (well, less aggressive towards you) by forward settling :D

Could that message be the other part of his agenda btw? Like you are his neighbor and have kept some promises?

Cities, or capitals? Because if it's cities, then you can basically please him (well, less aggressive towards you) by forward settling :D

No idea. But that will backfire if he declares war on you for forward settling him because then you are ipso facto at war with a neighbour :p

I already had him speaking to me about his agenda. Korea kept on declaring surprise wars on me and we border each other. After we make peace he says it's wise to keep the peace with your neighbor as blood feuds are messy. At least something like that.

Could that message be the other part of his agenda btw? Like you are his neighbor and have kept some promises?
I'm on a whole other land mass it appears. Maybe I just need to see his hidden agenda and see what's up.

Hidden Agenda?
I believe I figured it out.
This was my first game I started with R&F and I just recently got back to playing this particular game. He obviously had one of the hidden agendas that was removed because we're allies and it still says unknown agenda.

Wait, what? When was a second XCOM 2 expansion announced?

It's not announced... yet. I'm just doing my thing.:cool:

It was placed on Steam 3 months ago, about 12 months after the stuff for WotC was placed on Steam. They've been qa testing the fudge out of it since then. If it were a mere DLC it would have been released by now. It's codenamed XCOM 2: TLE

Last edited:
An interesting England strategy: You can build some holy sites (early or late, depends on difficulty, other civs in-game and willingness to get religion), build the government building that grants you builders upon settling, reach golden age which lets you buy settlers with faith, settle on a different continent (in an area with some woods), chop harbour district and enjoy 2 free melee units per a settler.

It's not announced... yet. I'm just doing my thing.:cool:

It was placed on Steam 3 months ago, about 12 months after the stuff for WotC was placed on Steam. They've been qa testing the fudge out of it since then. If it were a mere DLC it would have been released by now. It's codenamed XCOM 2: TLE

I didn't think there was anywhere left for them to go with XCOM 2, but this is fantastic news. Thanks.

Getting a religion on deity isn't even remotely challenging now. Was I just doing it wrong pre-R&F, or did they nerf that somehow?

Getting a religion on deity isn't even remotely challenging now. Was I just doing it wrong pre-R&F, or did they nerf that somehow?

The AI's early game priorities have changed. Not all civs pursue religion as single-mindedly as they used to.

Depending on your mix of civs, though, I personally find it still challenging, in the sense that I need to run prayer projects early and often to make sure I get one, even with building a Holy Site as my first district.

For me, I think the developers now have the balance of difficulty for getting a religion just right at Deity. You can pretty much guarantee you can get one, but at a significant cost in terms of the rest of the development of your early empire.

Last edited:
If you don’t kill Kongo first in any game they are 3 eras ahead by default, it’s insane the culture production even when they have no great works

I really wish if I sent a unit on a long March but another one is also on its way and happens to land in the same square for only a turn, yet the two are no where near colliding it stops the first unit cold. Why not just keep them going? Yea the two paths cross but they aren’t running into each other. It happens to me 20 times a game at least and makes another micromanaging nightmare

I just noticed when you load a game, the introductory text gives the intro for your age, not the age the world is in. Maybe this is intended, but I think they just didn't bother to change this. It seems like it should give you the intro for the age the world is in, not your specific civilization. I'm getting the atomic age intro despite the world being in the Industrial Age (I'm quite far ahead playing Wilhemina on only a Prince level game).

I notice there's often weird things when your civilization is in a different age than the world in general. You get improved roads based on your age, not the world. What other differences are there?

I just noticed when you load a game, the introductory text gives the intro for your age, not the age the world is in. Maybe this is intended, but I think they just didn't bother to change this. It seems like it should give you the intro for the age the world is in, not your specific civilization. I'm getting the atomic age intro despite the world being in the Industrial Age (I'm quite far ahead playing Wilhemina on only a Prince level game).

I think this makes more sense though, no? It's the introduction for your civ, and you're probably closer to the "majesty of outer space" than the "steady hum of machinery" :p

I notice there's often weird things when your civilization is in a different age than the world in general. You get improved roads based on your age, not the world. What other differences are there?

Again, this makes sense - within your borders your infrastructure is improved, but cross borders and the benefits are gone.

Top Bottom