[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

I'd guess orange and white, like in Civ V.

What would the Dutch colours be?
Not red. :p

So it's a good candidate for this coming week.

Though they could be teasing us with the clues. After all, Rome and Germany are in the trailer, and they're already in the game; they could be saving some of the hinted at civs for the second expansion.

But I'm guessing we'll see the Dutch on Tuesday. They wouldn't reveal two Asian civs in a row (no Mongols), and I think they'll save bigger surprises for later.

I'm positive that Dutch civ fans will embrace Wihelmina as a capable, interesting leader for Netherlands and a new fresh face for the series.

Haha just kidding, there will be nerd tears, walls of text telling why she's awful choice, complain about not being attractive enough "unlike the real dutch girls" etc.

Here are some screenshots from the blog post on the official website:

What could be this desert/coast building on the right side?

Why did Australia stole the Dutch colors anyways? :p Are orange and white relevant colors in Australia?

Honestly some of the color choices for VI seem a bit questionable. I'm not sure why they chose to invert Egypt's scheme for instance--Rome was yellow-on-purple in V, while Egypt was purple-on-yellow. No issue there. So obviously the correct thing to do in the next game is to keep Rome yellow-on-purple.. and then make Egypt ALSO yellow-on-purple? Then Norway/Indonesia/Korea all sharing the same colors in VI even though Indonesia had a different scheme in V with Gajah Mada, who was contemporaneous with Gitarja. I get swapping colors to make them more historically accurate, and if Korea ends up using something more akin to the yellow and red in its older flags that would make sense, but the changes from V seem somewhat arbitrary and nonsensical. Australia "stealing" Netherland's colors is another thing, but I can understand changing Netherland's colors at least if it's a different leader than, say, William of Orange.

What could be this desert/coast building on the right side?

It's likely to be a new World Wonder. Some people thought it was a Portuguese feitoria. Others a Swahili palace.

It's likely to be a new World Wonder. Some people thought it was a Portuguese feitoria. Others a Swahili palace.

It could be something from the Sultanate of Oman. It is oman architecture, I guess.

Top Bottom