Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

It's a bit difficult to download this mod when I get either an invalid key message or put in a queue that's 12 minutes long that never decreases meaning the download never starts.

Most excellent work :goodjob: Keep the updates coming I'm looking forward to the next release

May I still suggest that the Napoleanic Europe Musketman be used instead of the Colonial Infantry unit? It's the same thing only much higher quality and wouldn't be another unit required to download.

As a temporary fix to the American Rifleman problem, would it work to put the world war 2 american Rifleman unit in the RaR folder?

When is the RAR or DYP team going to release this mod with an offical 180x180 or 140x140 World map?

KOC (I don't want maps from others...Just from the mod makers!!)

I was able to take the ww2 scenario American Rifleman and stick him in the RaR folder to get that unit working.

And then te m26 Pershing could not be found... How many modern age units are missing?

Hygro said:
Missing:
American Rifleman.INI (this is the INI meant for American Infantry)

I couldn't even find any American anything folder, let alone a mistyped .INI...
Several units (including this one) reference the CIV3PTW/extras/World War II folder (Scenario Properties -> Scenario Search Folders). I created a simple RAR test scenario and it works fine for me. Have you deleted/moved/renamed folders, particularly PTW?

Perhaps it would have been better for RAR to reference the C3C conquests instead (but then again, perhaps not).

You know what it must be? The creators had PtW still installed. I reinstalled everything over again--minus PTW. I guess if I download the ptw extras and stick them in my RAR folder it will work.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
About Infos:

We will by all means try to get a complete Civilopedia on the long run; however, there is one huge problem here:

Any development team member who took charge for the Civilopedia so far mysteriously fell from the face of the Earth....pdescobar comes to mind. And since Harrier took that job, he isn't seen for weeks, and we don't want to loose him as well :cry:

Do not worry to much. :) Harrier is still around. ;)

I was absent on the WWW for a number of reasons - holidays, work commitments and worse of all hard disk crash (on a new system), with my poor backup facilities (had to recover from my old system). After so many years with no problems - I got a bit lazy. :mad:

I may not be posting at the moment (work) , but I am still lurking. :crazyeye:

ShaunMac:
What site are you downloading RaR from? Try using the CivFanatics mirror(link here), right-click on the link and select Save Target As.

torrasque

I downloaded the PtW extras and stuck them all in the RaR unit scenario. It all works great now :)

So here's a system requirement: ptw extras installed.

I've been waiting for this mod for some time. I haven't played DyP because I play C3C almost exclusively now. RaR just ROCKS! No problems at all d/ling or opening in C3C. I've played a couple of dozen turns on both the random map and the 180x180 world map (a la Rhye's). And almost everything works great.

A copule of little problems, though. 1) the game date stays at 'NOV.'!!?! no matter what turn you are on. And 2) the 'build colony' command is not present on the screen nor can you use 'B' from the keyboard. I checked with the editor and the appropriate box is checked for the worker/slave units, so what's the matter?

Thanks for any help with these minor irritants so that the mod can become perfect.

jimmygeo

I'm also getting the Rifleman error. Here's the exact error:

Load Error
File Not Found
"Art\Units\American Rifleman\American Rifleman.INI"
Audio

The error crashes the game, and comes up on the same turn everytime. Man this is annoying, just when the game was started to get good :)

Greeat mod, besides the error of course. Any help?

:confused:

Does anyone have a link of where to get the PTW extras? I'm not able to find anything of the sort on the Civ3 site, the only thing in the Downloads section is a trailer and screenshots.

I swear, this game is so freakin complicated with all the junk you have to install/mod just to have a little fun :p

I'd like to add another problem I've been experiencing. The only place I remember this is with the civilpedia entry for Aluminum, but its true for at least one other entry.

The game reports a maximum hypertext warning and then seems to run noramlly despite the warning not able to go away. Then when you leave the civilpedia the box says "please wait" (this will be in the middle of your turn) and you can't do anything but open certain windows and click around the map. You can't save, but you can open the save game window. Basically you have to force quit. I wasted a few hours of my life thanks to having autosave off... three time.

maximum hypertext warning and

That is a know bug that was always in the game. Happened with DyP and many other large mods as well. Since the entries are autogenerated, nothing we could do about.

But note the game does not crash - you can ALT TAB to the error message and have to close it again and again (any entry over the limit causes one pop-up).

And Hygro, I love the Napoleonic and WW2 Conquests units anyway (especially the Light Tank seems much more appropriate for the default Armor than the Sherman); be assured I'll take care lots of them find their way in later.

Having played several games part way through by now, the difficulty level isn't as great as I first thought - it's just till you get used to the new techs and resulting strategies.
Played as the Zulu on DemiGod Pangaea till the Industrial Age and stopped only when I was so far ahead I couldn't lose - that gets boring for me, so I started a new game as Babs on Deity Continents.
I'm still in the Ancient Age but doing pretty well - looks like Deity is doable as well!

One thing: with a non-agricultural civ it's IMPOSSIBLE to build a second city if you don't have bonus food within your first city boundaries! You only get 2 food in any non-bonus tile, your citizens eat 3 each, so you can only get to size 2, then you're stuck! A Clan costs 2 citizens, so you can NEVER build one!

With an Expansionist civ you can hope to pop a Settler or City, but with non-Expansionist, non-Agricultural, you're dead! Or you have to wait till Dynasticism/Monarchy to build your first Settler, in which case you're dead also! You'll never get back after such a slow start on Deity...
Edit: Come to think of it, the next-level Settler costs 3 pop, so you can't build that either... so you're stuck unless you can conquer some other cities... with only one city as a production base... :(

This is a bit too much, IMO. I tried several starts as the Germans, and had to restart each time when I found no food bonuses after researching the needed techs.
Something needs to be done here. How about making the first possible Settler (Clan) cost only one pop but more Shields, so expansion doesn't get too fast? Or make all food bonuses visible from the start (pigs, cattle, wheat etc.), so you can at least find a good starting position with your Tribe.

Top Bottom