• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Smerchy:

There was an RaR training game SG I was involved in a while ago. Look in the SG forum for a game started by DocT.

Although I play Civ 4 now I still think its not as good as playing Civ 3 with Conquests combined with RaR and it will not be better until something similar to RaR is made for Civ 4. I hope they WILL make it. I would like that veeeeeeeery much. :) I think Firaxis should consider employing these guys who made RaR to produce the expansions for them. If I was the boss of Firaxis I know I would. :)

I don't feel like going through the whole thread...

There was a RAR v1.04 under way. is it available without manual configuration yet ? Is it still under way or did Civ4 kill it ?

many thanks !

Old_Lion said:
There was a RAR v1.04 under way. is it available without manual configuration yet ? Is it still under way or did Civ4 kill it ?

I still plan to release that officially on the site. RobO actually already did most of the work on it, so I just have to get the time to test it, upload it, update the site and then it should be ready. I hope to be able to do so when I finally have some days off around Christmas.

this is probably not the right forum to ask this BUT this forum gets the most traffic for civ III so i'm gonna ask it here but feel free to move it if need be.

i played the double your pleasure scenario and checked out the site for it and since i have conquests i'm thinking of DLing rise and rule.

basically my question is, it goes into the scenario folder and acts as a scenario right? i havent modded anything in my game and i dont want to though i do like to play scenarios. in other words there's no files to change move around save to and then replace and all that jazz right?

once i do DL rise and rule is there anything else i need to DL? i have PTW installed as well as C3C and the latest patch for C3C. IOW, do i need additional files for units or anything of that nature?

do i need to DL the patch for rise and rule?

i know i know go search for rise and rule and go read about it. there's only a gazillion pages for rise and rule in the scenario forum and rather than reading each page looking for specific answers i though i'd ask them here and try to get them answered a little faster. though i do hate to ask questions that have been asked before.

Ginger_Ale said:
To play Rise and Rule, you need the following:

(1) The RaR Files
(2) Conquests patch v1.22

Then, just install it like these instructions say.

By the way, this really should be in the RaR thread; I've requested it to be moved. No problem though.

their instructions dont mention moving files to different folders, only DLing the file to the conquests scenarios folder.

Re. PrankMonkey
The RaR modPak, is a self installer. That is to say that when you execute the *.exe file, all required files get installed where they need to be. At least that's how 1.03 worked. Enjoy and everyone have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Boris Badinov said:
Re. PrankMonkey
The RaR modPak, is a self installer. That is to say that when you execute the *.exe file, all required files get installed where they need to be. At least that's how 1.03 worked. Enjoy and everyone have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

but it doesnt change anything in the game, its still acts as a scenario right?

That is correct is does act as a Scenerio. And to play a 'game' using RAR you must look in "Civ-Content' at the first screen. If you select 'New Game', you will just get a plain Conquest game. Also when selecting RAR 1.03 in 'Civ-Content', you get the bonus of selecting a 'Basic' length (540 turns) or an 'Extented' length game (915 turns). Please note though, after selecting one of the RAR 1.03 Biqs to load, you will then configure the game as you would any CIV3 game. Hope this answers your questions and I am sorry I was not clearer before.

Help me:cry:
This is great MOD. I have big fun with it but I have a big problem.
I play on hotseat. When enemy capture my city then I lose the game. This city isn't a capitol it's only one of my cities. I have a lot of cities. Second player can continue game but I lose. Help me.

I guess Elimination is checked in the game setup (was an oversight in one version, IIRC).Uncheck it and everything should be fine (for starting a new game of course).

hmmn.. I had some problems..
I am wondering why I can build destroyers before i know gunpower tech.
The game will crash when i try to build mustang "cannot found mustang INI, game will now exit etc.."

And I noticed that it is very hard to clear jungle. Some workers have worked on jungle square almost 1000 years.. :)

::edit

hmmnn... game will crash when AI builds M26..

(civ3c v1.22, rar103)

I manually changes folder names (M26_pershing ---> M26 Pershing etc).
And looks like it works now..

cannot found t-34 game will now exit :sad:
Mod looks great, atleast when it works..

I cant find t-34 folder. There is no such folder on ptw or conquest folders..

BEAT!! said:
And I noticed that it is very hard to clear jungle. Some workers have worked on jungle square almost 1000 years.. :)

hmmnn... game will crash when AI builds M26..

(civ3c v1.22, rar103)

It looks like the RaR 1.02 issue: check the worker strength value in worker type units.

Top Bottom