Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Artillery and Tanks can't load on pre-transport transport type ships (Clipper etc). Bit frustating, perhaps good diea to change that those pre-transport ships can also load wheeled units? also landing craft should be able to load a tank. Just saying.

I adapted an Earth map to use this mod and it's great fun.

Thrust123, thank you for your kind words about RARR. :)The loading decisions for ships were done by the old mastercreaters of RAR and DyP and there is a lot of wisdom in their decisions.

Attachments

• Afrikacorps.jpg
    Afrikacorps.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 983
Does anyone else get this issue... I get this every time I load a mod that I download...
I get a bunch of different things... it's like the text coding line is missing or something and it moves everything up one space... Eventually what happens is the game crashes and none of the auto saves work...

Does anyone else get this issue... I get this every time I load a mod that I download...
I get a bunch of different things... it's like the text coding line is missing or something and it moves everything up one space... Eventually what happens is the game crashes and none of the auto saves work...

Your labels.txt appears to be out of order with your game version. If you use steam, make sure you edit the mod's labels.txt to add the line Unknown between PING and Host.

I get a bunch of different things... it's like the text coding line is missing or something and it moves everything up one space... Eventually what happens is the game crashes and none of the auto saves work.

MuayThaiFIghter, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

RARR was the first Civ 3 mod that holds a patch for the incredible nonsense that was created by Steam and Firaxis. You can find how to use the patch at the bottom of post 1 of the RARR thread:

Steam Civ Complete-Patch:

The last update of the Steam version of Civ Complete by Steam/Firaxis added a new line between "PING" and "Host" (line 86) to the labels text that just says "Unknown". Of course this messed up the labeling of buttons for C3C mods/scenarios with own labels texts (as it is the case with RARR). If you have problems with messed up labeling of buttons at the start of RARR and use the Steam version of Civ Complete you can try the following patch:
1. Go to the text folder inside the RARR mod.
2. Rename the textfile labels to labels1 (or something like that).
3. Rename the textfile labels-Steam CivComplete Patch to labels.

Last edited:
Two more remarks.

1. Frigate (and Tongkang) will transform to the Destroyer WWI, but Corvette and Privateer (Corsair) close to them - through a step, to a Destroyer. If for Privateer it can be a feature, then it is logically inexplicable for a Corvette.

2. For the strategic resource "Gold" there is a small wonder automaking caravans (that can be a feature). But for the unclear reasons there is no such small wonder for luxury "Tropical Fruit".

Two more remarks.

1. Frigate (and Tongkang) will transform to the Destroyer WWI, but Corvette and Privateer (Corsair) close to them - through a step, to a Destroyer. If for Privateer it can be a feature, then it is logically inexplicable for a Corvette.

2. For the strategic resource "Gold" there is a small wonder automaking caravans (that can be a feature). But for the unclear reasons there is no such small wonder for luxury "Tropical Fruit".

Node60 and all others, thank you very much for your input. :) I will come back to it, when I have finished the betatest version of the next version of CCM.

So, I have a couple.

After researching Naval Aviation, anything below a battleship upgrades to aircraft carrier WWII, but the battleship does not. Maybe this is a feature, but it seems like a bug.

My ships seem to have a different speed depending upon different conditions. For example, I have the Magellan wonder, I get the +2. Satellites ends this. But somehow, and I think it is if I build the United Nations, I keep it. BUT, if I get satellites AFTER United Nations, it doesn't happen, before seems to restore the +2. Again, this is mostly conjecture. I do know that sometimes my Assault Transports have a move of 9 and sometimes 11. (Assault Transport is after satellites.)

Tony

I cannot use the RARR-patch file. It downloads as .rar instead of .exe.

After researching Naval Aviation, anything below a battleship upgrades to aircraft carrier WWII, but the battleship does not. Maybe this is a feature, but it seems like a bug.

I already asked this question. Civinator considers it a feature. This his right.

Yesterday I experienced famous "white screen" freeze for the first time at all.
Maybe it's wrong topic, but if there are any suggestions for fixing this... I post this here 'cause I post only here and read only this topic))

Game stopped in 1560 AD, Germany, victory types - only conquest and dyplomatic. Next turn (1565) just cannot begin. Only the game's freezed - alt-tab to other tasks is fine.
Win7 SP1 x64 6Gb RAM, 2 Gb VRAM, no viruses found - game's been perfect on these specs (+ RARR, of course) for 2 years until yesterday.

Please help :)

Sav file attached.

Attachments

• Bismarck of the Germans, 1560 AD.SAV
    812.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Izengrimm, have you destroyed a civ in your last turn or was another civ in that turn destroyed?

Izengrimm, have you destroyed a civ in your last turn or was another civ in that turn destroyed?
No, everybody's on board. There's one almost destroyed civ at war - Polynesia but as a result of this freeze I cannot say whether they're done next turn or not.

This time I've never undertaken any military actions yet since 4000 BC. We are peaceful nation waiting for the first Panther panzers))

Last edited:
Your save file shows all symptoms of a bug that the players of succession games at CFC named the "houseboat bug". This is no bug of the RARR mod, but a bug of C3C that was fixed by Firaxis for Civ 3 vanilla, but was reanimated by Firaxis with C3C (the same sad story as they did it with the submarine bug). In the readme-file of the Civ 3 vanilla you can find the following entry: Fixed v1.21f: Fixed crash related to last settler dying on a transport. This bug came back with C3C.

Mostly the "houseboat bug" appears when the player eliminates the last city of a civ, but that civ still has a ship with a settler on board of that ship. In this case the remedy would be easy: Don´t conquer the last city of that civ before that ship with the settler is eliminated. Sometimes the bug also occured, when an AI civ eliminated the last city of another AI civ. In that case a remedy is difficult. Sometimes it helped, when the player declared war or did some other diplomatic action one or some turns before the bug occured.

Top Bottom