Rise from Erebus 1.4 Bug Thread

Archos capitol building gets a huge amount of other bonuses, that more than make up for one lacking resource. Not everything needs to be symmetrical.

Not sure on the scorpions. Might be intentional.

For subdue animal, after checking through all of the python files I was unable to find the function that called for this effect. I think during the update this may have been removed. What file is this supposed to be in, maybe I can figure out how to add it back in.

Already know the issue here, and it will be fixed during the next two days (two days off).

Basically, there was an updated capture system in the dll, but the promotions weren't switched over. Since that system isn't going to be used anymore, we're just swapping it back to the old method in a patch.

Really stupid question. Should multiplayer work?

weeell ... kinda ... it was planned to be done after this version of RifE, but since we sorta given up on it, it's in somewhat not-very-functional state

Hi,

i love Rife and all the other work from you guys; very sad to hear its been done :cry:
The last real community modders in this harsh gaming industry (stuck with DLC, paid beta test, also known as releases) will hopefully find some other projects that satifies your needs. But nevertheless ... :)

I didnt find any note, that the D'tesh were removed in 1.4. But when i start Rife, theres no D'tesh to choose. Or have i missed something when installing it ?

Besides, in my test game i couldnt switch to the Infernals (from Sheiam), the game still asks me, but nothing happens, reloading the turn before&after the infernal pact doesnt seem to help.

If theres any chance to motivate you to keep going on RIfe, please do it :)

Regards, Stargazer

I didnt find any note, that the D'tesh were removed in 1.4. But when i start Rife, theres no D'tesh to choose. Or have i missed something when installing it ?
The D'tesh thing is a bug with the current release (Valk meant to change them so the computer couldn't play them, but accidentally set it such that no-one can play them.) If you start a custom game, and go to "choose random civilizations" I think you can re-enable them from there.

Thanks for all the bug reports, I'm going to be looking at them all today and over the next few days to make sure I've got them all fixed on my end. Once done, I'll upload a patch.

Right now I'm building a new version of the soundtrack installer, containing all the tracks rather than just those from Orbis. I'd upload it now, but I failed to bring my laptop charger so it'll have to wait till I get home from work. :lol:

Found another bug: Birthright Regained no longer provides the ability to use the world spell a second time.

Hi, I have been following rise for quite a while and am really enjoying the new release, a couple of problems me and my friend have found, but before that, some good news!
-Me and my friend use tunngle to play via the internet, non simultaneous turns, World of erebus maptype with all the Lairs, Barbarians city ruins etc. we have got to turn 220 with no desyncs (except maybe one at the start) and no crashes! so the latest release seems pretty stable for multiplayer too! Fantastic.

Now on with the bad news:
-D'tesh sea pyres, I have found if they are pillaged there are no longer any resources, making it impossible to rebuild them. I know D'tesh needed a bit of a nerf, and I am happy with all the other changes, this one might be a bit too much though.
-D'teshi Binders (and maybe other undead mages) can select body 1, I cant remember if this was supposed to be allowed.
-According to my friend, one of the Spiders (Archos) has a web ability that causes a crash.

Thats all I have found so far. Really appreciate all the work you guys have done, though it is sad you do not wish to continue with Rise (though I totally respect your decision, its your free time after all!)

The sounds seem to be functioning normally (for runes of kilmorph anyway). I haven't had the chance to test all the religions.

I dont know if its a bug, but Protector and Destroyer are removed after death.
EDIT: its only removed from non-immortal units, like normal archmages. Corgayle Ascended doesnt loose them.

It does sound like a bug, but then, they're not supposed to be kept if a non-immortal dies, right? ;)

Actually, I have little to no idea what the arcane mastery promos are supposed to behave like. Do units with Phoenix Blood keep them too, or is that what the issue is, specifically?

Destroyer and Protector provide +2 str, blitz and -immortality- they are the end of the arcane promotion lines for necromancy+elementalism and alteration+divination respectively. Given the extreme ammount of experience required to obtain them, I doubt they are supposed to be removed.

If I had to make a wager, I'd say the tag <bImmortality> within the 'phoenix blood' promotion is designed to remove the promotion when the unit dies, and there isn't currently a seperate 'promotion-related' immortality function that isn't auto-removed.

That is indeed how the bImmortal promotion tag works, and has worked since FFH2.

Well, I guess that explains the issue, then. It shouldn't be that hard to fix it, though - just make it degrade into itself (or a temporary promotion that itself degrades into Destroyer or Protector, if you want a timer on it), like Korinna's immortality thing does.

I'll bring it up with valk.

I dont think it should be removed after death, because the unit needs about 500 xp to gain one of them and they dont give Blitz, thats omnipotence.
Perhaps they should be gained automatically.
EDIT: and Master of creation is still a debuff, with Miscast spells giving burnout. Perhaps it should give enemy creatures an increased magic resistance, should be possible to recycle the Metamagic ability.
EDIT2: ok tested it. automatically gained doesnt help. they are lost if the unit dies, but are recovered once the unit levels up.
EDIT3: with downgrading to itself a unit is really immortal. I tested it with a scout and destroyer. It died 5 times in one round.

I dont think it should be removed after death, because the unit needs about 500 xp to gain one of them and they dont give Blitz, thats omnipotence.
Perhaps they should be gained automatically.
EDIT: and Master of creation is still a debuff, with Miscast spells giving burnout. Perhaps it should give enemy creatures an increased magic resistance, should be possible to recycle the Metamagic ability.
EDIT2: ok tested it. automatically gained doesnt help. they are lost if the unit dies, but are recovered once the unit levels up.
EDIT3: with downgrading to itself a unit is really immortal. I tested it with a scout and destroyer. It died 5 times in one round.

I thought as much, yeah. But add a placeholder promotion to that, that degrades into the original one after 1 turn, and it'll be replaced at the beginning of the next turn. It takes away the promotion for the rest of the turn if you die, though, so you can't die and make use of its effects later in the same turn. But that's not a huge issue, imo.

Scouts seem to be acting a bit oddly for me. As long as I have only one of them or I don't have Nox Noctis or Chosen of Esus Ritual hiding all units in borders, they explore fine.
However, if I have any more than one scout, or I pick up the effect from either of those, they refuse to leave my cultural borders when told to explore by themselves. If I hit both of those, they also seem to refuse to leave cities, exiting with the first movement point and re-entering with their second. Roads only make them wander erratically round in circles.

Top Bottom