1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

Oh. Well http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=77184043&searchtext= is a pretty good steam mod. Its a fantasy style mod that takes place in a Faerun setting and would be a good mod to tide you over until we get RiFE for Civ V, in whatever form and setting it will be.(and I know it won't be dealing with RiFE or Erebus :goodjob:)

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Our plan is to release each mechanic as its own modcomp, and then link them together with the mod's content once most of the mechanics are done.

3. Ahtan

Ahtan Chieftain

Is there any chance of RiFE getting that patch that fixes Subdue animal...?

4. Jachelle

Jachelle Chieftain

Hey Val: Problem. I keep getting this error when playing multiplayer using direct IP:
    XML: Tag: Leader_Dannmos in info clas
    Current XML
    modules\NormalModules\Dural\XML\GameInfo\Dural_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml

Then the game finishes loading the map and crashes. Every time. Single player, I can play fine... no problems. Only during multiplayer. Suggestions, fixes? I have 1.4 plus the religious music soundtrack loaded correctly as does my friend who I play online with.
    Attached is a screen shot so you can see what it gives me before it crashes to desktop.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. sinner003

sinner003 Chieftain

is there a list or chart somewhere, that tells you how the various civics come together in order to form the title of your nation? iam trying to get an imperial name, instead of simply scion kingdom or somesuch...

6. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Chieftain

disable Dural module ... i hope my advice is still useful more than half-year after asking

7. sinner003

sinner003 Chieftain

i have a question, i can remember an option to allow any leader access to any civ, say if i wanted to play as naxus leading the sheaim, or malakim, however, i can no longer find this option anywhere. was it taken out, and if so, why?

8. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

unrestricted leaders... but dunno where it is placed in RifE or AoE

9. sinner003

sinner003 Chieftain

yeah i remember, but i cant find it in rife 1.4, and i cant seem to upgrade to 1.41.

10. Antiquado

Antiquado Chieftain

Hi there.

Is this mod dead, or what is the status? It's really excellent.

Thanks,

11. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

Rise from Erebus, which is the main mod for this sub-forum is indeed dead.

Ashes of Erebus, which started as 'Final Fixes Reborn' is a sort-of continuation of Rise from Erebus, fixing up bugs and finishing some features, made by new and old people. It is very much alive and you can find most info about it here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493730

12. Derf

Derf Modular Mushroom

Don't forget Rebirth and Legend, which I maintain. Link is in my signature below.

13. Tike

Tike Chieftain

Cant seem to start up after I installed it. Do i need fall from heaven 2 as the base for it, or is there a certain way to install it?

14. black_imperator

No you don't need ffh2 as a base.
    what exactly happens when you try to start it ?
    Show me a screenshot of the folder where the mod is.

15. Tike

Tike Chieftain

After installing I opened up the launcher, clicked launch, but it didn't open and I cant find it when I go to launch mods in BTS

16. black_imperator

yeah, it's likely not installed in the proper folder somehow. I'm gonna need to see the Mods folder of Beyond the Sword, and ideally the folder of the mod directly.

17. Tike

Tike Chieftain

NVM I got it now, but thank you

18. eris23

eris23 Chieftain

Not sure what's going on exactly, but whenever my scout defeats an animal (with the subdue animal promotion) he just kills them.

Using RifE_1.4 btw.

19. Tielby

Tielby Chieftain

Does your scout have the "hidden" promotion, by any chance? That would prevent you from capturing anything.

20. eris23

eris23 Chieftain

No, I think it was some patching error. It works now. Thanks.

Anyway, wanted to ask, how long does the Stasis world spell last? I assume that epic increases the duration by 50% or so, but it's been what feel like 20 rounds already.

edit:
    I saved the game, killed most my units and just hit enter a dozen times. I didn't actually count but it took about 10 more turns. Getting a (what felt like) 30 turn headstart is pretty insane.
    edit2:
    The Sidar world spell isn't explained in the Wikipedia. Does it make their cities unattackable for a while?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018