Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Let me adjust your question:
What would change the Spearman's 1 MP to 2MP because I have no promotions on that specific spearman at that point.
Vincentz mod has a promotion that give +1 movement. I have seen your problem with a Worker but not a Spearman.

Vincentz mod has a promotion that give +1 movement. I have seen your problem with a Worker but not a Spearman.

Wait... how is that possible?
What exactly from Vincentz' modpack are you talking about?

Wait... how is that possible?
What exactly from Vincentz' modpack are you talking about?
It is in the Tactics modmod. The supplies promotion which givies +1 movement, is given if the city has a Granary in Vincentz' mod.

It is in the Tactics modmod. The supplies promotion which givies +1 movement, is given if the city has a Granary in Vincentz' mod.

Now I got it! That's it exactly! Not a bug, but a cool feature :D!

Its the folder called PROMO.
It adds +1 Movement with Granary and 30% Withdraw chance with Barracks.
I was bored of the 1 move SOD and the Do or Die combats, so instead of changing all the movement infos in units, I added a new promotion called Supplies (Granaries), and used the already existing Tactics promotion for Barracks. And it helped A LOT. The battles are much more dynamic, and in the case of an invasion, it is much easier to gather the troops and fight back. The AI seems to grap it quite well, and I even learned a couple of new tricks from them ;)

I'll put a spoiler in my first post to describe which mods do what and in which folders.

Now I got it! That's it exactly! Not a bug, but a cool feature :D!
Try it, wars are much more intersting now. Great mod Vincentz!:goodjob:

Zappara, the XP changes are nice. Promotions are more fun.

Major Bugs:
1) I sometimes start with happy/unhappy, sick/healthy for no reason, once my capitol started with a fishing hut and it wasn't a coastal city
2) I meet every rival civ on the first turn
3) Cottages don't do anything, u have to wait for it to turn into a hamlet to get anything (is this suppose to happen? or is it a bug)

Its the folder called PROMO.
It adds +1 Movement with Granary and 30% Withdraw chance with Barracks.
I was bored of the 1 move SOD and the Do or Die combats, so instead of changing all the movement infos in units, I added a new promotion called Supplies (Granaries), and used the already existing Tactics promotion for Barracks. And it helped A LOT. The battles are much more dynamic, and in the case of an invasion, it is much easier to gather the troops and fight back. The AI seems to grap it quite well, and I even learned a couple of new tricks from them ;)

I'll put a spoiler in my first post to describe which mods do what and in which folders.

I like the Pathfinder one also.

Is there a problem with Plot List? I keep getting a CTD. Normally I turn it off but I forgot to in the latest game. RoM 2.9.

Spoiler :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 979, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1464, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5092, in updateScoreStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvScreensInterface", line 963, in forceScreenUpdate

File "CvMainInterface", line 1302, in updateScreen

ERR: Python function forceScreenUpdate failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 1424, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1929, in updatePlotListButtons

File "CvMainInterface", line 1963, in updatePlotListButtons_Hide

File "PLE", line 981, in hidePlotListButtonPLEObjects

Is there a problem with Plot List? I keep getting a CTD. Normally I turn it off but I forgot to in the latest game. RoM 2.9.

Spoiler :
Code:

File "CvMainInterface", line 1464, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5092, in updateScoreStrings

ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvScreensInterface", line 963, in forceScreenUpdate

File "CvMainInterface", line 1302, in updateScreen

ERR: Python function forceScreenUpdate failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 1424, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1929, in updatePlotListButtons

File "CvMainInterface", line 1963, in updatePlotListButtons_Hide

File "PLE", line 981, in hidePlotListButtonPLEObjects

I can't say for sure about your problem but I for sure play with PLE on. PLE drawing style, horizontal grouping of unit types, and showing General attached and Promotions Needed checked. Others of PLE mod, I don't use.

Major Bugs:
1) I sometimes start with happy/unhappy, sick/healthy for no reason, once my capitol started with a fishing hut and it wasn't a coastal city
3) Cottages don't do anything, u have to wait for it to turn into a hamlet to get anything (is this suppose to happen? or is it a bug)

Major Bugs:

1) Could you show a screenshot? The fishing hut could be an advanced start issue.

2) Dono

3) The cottages get -1 gold from barter civic

I've noticed in RoM 2.91 some problems with certain random events, namely the Quest for the Holy Mountain and the Sports League. I get the Holy Mountain quest and fail it in less than 50 turns, no explanation given, I get the Sports League, build the Coliseums and get the reward, 10 turns later it says I failed the quest, later on in the Renaissance era, it says I failed it again? It's no game-breaker, just thought I'd report it.

I don't know why I didn't spot this one before, but the elephants actually have a -30% attack in jungles. We'll, I've been on a 5 or 6 elephant rides in the jungle and also seen a few elephant shows where they showed battle scenarioes.
I beg you to either make the minus to a plus or at least delete it. They can charge almost full speed where footmen can hardly walk and the advantages from being seated high up with long spears, bows or polearms in the jungle are uncomparable.
Elephants are the best weapon available in a jungle. Simple as that ;)

edit : Ofcourse I was refering to early eras. An elephant rifle is a pretty good weapon against an elephant ;)

I have tried both the 2.81 and 2.91 version of ROM , both give me a C++ runtime error that shuts down CIV 4 when creating a world or loading a map. This is odd, I have used ROM the last time I had BTS installed and it worked fine. I am using XP sp3 32bit, have 3 gigs of ram and 512 vram. Unmodded BTS loads fine. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I don't know why I didn't spot this one before, but the elephants actually have a -30% attack in jungles. We'll, I've been on a 5 or 6 elephant rides in the jungle and also seen a few elephant shows where they showed battle scenarioes.
I beg you to either make the minus to a plus or at least delete it. They can charge almost full speed where footmen can hardly walk and the advantages from being seated high up with long spears, bows or polearms in the jungle are uncomparable.
Elephants are the best weapon available in a jungle. Simple as that ;)

edit : Ofcourse I was refering to early eras. An elephant rifle is a pretty good weapon against an elephant ;)
Don't know what I was thinking when I added that bonus for elephant units (it's smaller than on other mounted). Of course elephant should be good at attacking jungles - good that we got experts to correct my mistakes ;)

Top Bottom