Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Mar 12, 2010.
Awesome so far and I'm only up to 70 AD. Choosing the gigantic map is a isolationist builders dream.
Does this Mod works on Mac OS X? Because I get lots of xml error messages.
Not unless you emulate the PC version of BTS 3.19. Mac doesn't support Custom DLL's, which RoM (and most other good mods) use.
I know this might not be the right thread to ask this question but you answered so quickly that I will try it anyway. Do you know if Civ4 runs on Crossover Games with this mod? I dont have a copy of Windows.
It's listed as "supported" but YMMV.
Thanks! Hope to get it running. Really sad that it doesent run natively.
Most of the red area was mine originally, some only because of the 10's of agent's "little red book handouts". But the facts was it was cultivated to a 70-80% chinese (me) level.
Then the Axis of Evil Greece declares war. After a long siege and following battle the area is almost 100% China. I then go for cleanup missions trying to finish off whatever survived plus his supply routes. All is well.
Well, untill this $!$!$# unit of mine attacks (blue line) with a somewhere near 99.9999999% chance of winning. And looses....
With that one attack, everything in the red highlighted area turns from 100% china to 100% greece.
I really like that you have to fight over the cultural borders, but there should be a limiter on, so a 99.99999% doesnt change everything in a second.
BTW. The AI has really picked up on attacking/sieging in 2.9
Only by airlifting ALL my units into Tenoctitlan was I able to survive wave after wave of flamethrowers, cavalry, infantry and cannons (luckely, and it might have changed the battle, he didnt have artillery) while he kept a couple of armies at distance with enough anti air guns to avoid air superiority from my side (not that 4 doppledeckers would have made that much difference anyway )
On a sidenote : The 3 tanks (Light, normal and heavy) comes at the same time. How about making the light tank good vs horses (very mobile and can attack light armoured targets at high speed). The medium tank good vs wheeled (semi mobile but able to "catch up") and the heavy good vs. other tanks ("He has armor. I show him armor!") Otherwise the light tank is just a weak and useless version of the medium tank. And to continue in that thought, how about making Grenadiers/Modern Grenadiers good vs Flamethrowers (would make sense to me : "A handgranade!!!!" Kabooooom!!!!) plus flamethrowers doesnt have a counter unit.
Over and out (for now )
This kind of feedback is what I need! Thanks vincentz once again It has been difficult at times to make each unitclass unique and your suggestion helps a lot... I'll add some tweaks to those tank units in next patch.
The Influence Driven War thing - I think it was set to affect up to 2 plots from the battle which explains the territory change. It's very odd that you lost that battle with those chances
Edit: Current patch 2.91 notes:
- Updated: Updated to current BUG SVN (some bug fixes)
- Fixed: Independent fishers event checks for coast plots in the city
- Fixed: National anthem text entry
- Fixed: Warship quest applies the reward to Port, Commercial Port and International Port (ie. the reward carries over to upgrade buildings)
- Fixed: Harbormaster quest applies the reward to Port, Commercial Port and International Port (ie. the reward carries over to upgrade
- Changed: Malaccan pirates event spawns Torpedoboats instead of Transports (transports only defensive) and they get more promotions
- Changed: Vandals event spawns Light Swordsman instead of Swordsman (iron working req.)
- Fixed: UN Mission advisor CTD problem
- Fixed: no GP icon for unit 25 warning message should no longer appear -> removed Great General II from Warlords module (other way would have
been to add new defines for this unit to BUG's GPUtil.py but since this is module it would cause errors if user removes this module and python
still refers to it...
- Changed: World bank gold reserve bonus per turn 2% -> 1% (how to change this national wonder to affect other players as well?)
- Changed: Slave market position in tech tree screen - now in Slavery tech. reqs still the same.
- Changed: Lighthouse gives +1 gold from sea plots instead of food
- Changed: Fisherman's hut gives +1 food from sea plots, no longer give food bonuses from seafood resources
- Changed: RoM 2.81 tech tree screen coloring is on by default (new option in RoM settings page in BUG options)
- Changed: Siege quinquereme str 6 -> 5
- Changed: Modern Grenadier has now attack bonus against Flamethrower
- Changed: Light tank has bonus vs. Mounted instead of wheeled
- Changed: Heavy Tank has bonus vs. Tracked instead of wheeled (Armor is still better)
- Fixed: Aerodynamics quote sound disabled since this tech is no longer named Advanced Flight thus generic sounds should be used instead
- Disabled: BUG mod's tech tree era shadows off by default
- Added: RoM tech tree era color method to RoM Settings page. On by default. Works with BUG's shadow option but I wouldn't recommend using both
methods at the same time
- Changed: BUG mod's logging (to screen) set from warnings to errors by default (less annoying messages on screen)
- Changed: City screen shows now resources in single display (thanks Afforess)
- Changed: Defense modifier always displayed in city screen
- Fixed: Strategy overlay feature
- Changed: Church state religion building prod. modifier 25% -> 10%
- Changed: State Church state religion building prod. modifier 20% -> 15%
- Changed: Free Church state religion building prod. modifier 25% -> 20%
play with barbarianciv mod on and you will not be alone on map anymore
I'm happy my suggestions are usefull
I'll be uploading a new version of my mods soon (2 or 3 days).
I changed the Warlords so they have era unit art, which means that getting a different General is a feature, not a bug. You can be lucky and get the General or unlucky and get a chief, but the late warlords will look like the chief/captain in ancient/medieval eras and the early warlords will look like commanders in modern times.
I also changed the spy to update to agent and special agent.
Industry, Sparse takes longer time to grow.
Jungle Camp can only be built on jungle now.
The Vincentz Mods will also change name to : Vincentz Infinite Projects (VIP )
and will have a couple of more mods. I really recommend the Promo. It changes the hole concept of attack/defense but in a really simple way. It has been a true pleasure playing the game with it (I'm not just saying that because I made it, but because it really changes everything in a good way IMHO)
With the influence driven war thing I just wanted some sort of limit on Transfered Culture around maybe 20%, so 1 unsuccesfull attack doesnt change the hole picture, but I guess thats a RevDCM thing.
Edit : almost forgot. I dont know if its a feature or a bug, but when I sign a Permanent Alliance with another civ, I get the next 4-6 techs (maybe more) for free (1 each turn) even though they are more advanced than anything discovered yet.
I just found a bug to report, Suleiman of Ottaman is not displayed properly in Civilopedia
You were just really unlucky Vincentz.
I tried reinstalling 2.9 with New Dawn, did not add much else, but I'm still having trouble accessing Nobles and Spies despite building proper structures.
When I place the cursor over either one, the popup description doesn't show up.
I think you need to go to the AND subforum for a sollution, as this is not a RoM Vanilla issue.
Hi I just installed Civ4 with bootcamp (asked my friend to get a winxp key). So my system:
WinXp, BtS 3.19, ROM 2.9
After loading standard BtS and then changing to mod ROM i get the following error messages while loading the mod:
Failed Loading XML file modules\Custom Leaderheads\Kangxi\Kangxi_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
LoadXML call failed for modules\Custom Leaderheads\Kangxi\Kangxi_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
Failed Loading XML file modules\Custom Leaderheads\Masinissa\Masinissa_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
LoadXML call failed for modules\Custom Leaderheads\Masinissa\Masinissa_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
Failed Loading XML file modules\Custom Leaderheads\Nebuchadrezzar\Nebuchadrezzar_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
LoadXML call failed for modules\Custom Leaderheads\Nebuchadrezzar\Nebuchadrezzar_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
Failed Loading XML file modules\Custom Leaderheads\Wilhelmina\Wilhelmina_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
LoadXML call failed for modules\Custom Leaderheads\Wilhelmina\Wilhelmina_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
However the mod loads but after starting a game I only see the playground (the actual map with units etc.) there is no interface. The map is surrounded by a black bezel or so. With shortcuts I can create a city and move the units on the map but thats it. If I click ESC the regular menu appears and I can leave the game. Does anybody knows why I have these problems?
Thanks for helping!
I KNOW the specialists are working in A New Dawn 1.70; could you post a screenshot of your issue?
It's actually an issue with RoM 2.9, but not AND, lol.
What mods folder did you install RoM to? RoM needs to be installed into the Program Files/Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods directory. Using the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder causes errors.
Its in the program files folder. Can I give you any more detailed information?
Yeah; can you enable error logging (see the OP on how to do that) and upload your logs folder.
Hope that these are the log files you need.
Separate names with a comma.