Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

I don't know if it is a bug.

Using merchant to do "trade mission" give me always 102 GP. I can send them in a little or big city, far or near... but I have always the same GP. Is it ok? Or there is something wrong?

Yes, I have installed the latest patch, which is 3.19. What is odd is that I used to play this all the time then uninstalled due to a need to reinstall windows , now it is a no go.

edit: All the other mods that came with BTS and CIv4 work fine, I want to cry! LOL

I did a clean install of ROM 2.9 plus the 2.91 patch. I then added Vincentz full VIP 1.6 and AND 1.72. And now for some reason none of the symbols showing health, research, gold etc that appear on info screens are showing up correctly. For instance on the civics screen the symbol for health is replaced by the symbol for copper, and the symbol for research is replaced by the symbol for stone. What could be causing this to happen?

Have the BUG team figured this out yet?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 987, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1446, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1977, in updatePlotListButtons

File "PLE", line 321, in updatePlotListButtons_PLE

File "PLE", line 1390, in displayUnitPlotListObjects

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getButton'
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

I did a clean install of ROM 2.9 plus the 2.91 patch. I then added Vincentz full VIP 1.6 and AND 1.72. And now for some reason none of the symbols showing health, research, gold etc that appear on info screens are showing up correctly. For instance on the civics screen the symbol for health is replaced by the symbol for copper, and the symbol for research is replaced by the symbol for stone. What could be causing this to happen?
Vincentz VIP is NOT compatible with AND 1.72. However, I already have included most of Vincentz mods in AND. I recommend that you do a clean install of just RoM & AND.

It is the AND Domestic Animal and my Guilds mod that uses the last resource available in RoM. If you want the DA and the Guilds, remove my Guilds (Projects/Vincentz/Guilds) and use AND's instead ;)

Edit : I don't know how much of VIP is added to AND, but I recommend to also use VIP as it is under constant development.

I hate to ask this here, as it's not necessarily a problem with the mod, but maybe with the rar file.

I followed the link from the main mod page for the full 2.9 install and it takes me to atomic gamers to download the rar file. When I try to exctract it I get all kinds of error message, and nothing is extracted and no folders are created. I tried both winrar and 7zip extracting programs. Both come up with error messages.

I really would like to play this mod and would appreciate any help.

edit: I think I found the problem in page 4 of this thread. My apologies. I've had similar problems with windows 7 with the Witcher. In that case I found a workaround, but I don't know how to fix this. I am running as administrator. hmmm

re-edit: I think I got it. I'll leave this post for other with the problem (windows 7 problem). The problem is under the users for the Firaxis folder (right click under security) It lists the name of my computer as the administrator, not my user name (which is actually my administrator). I just had to manually add my user name and click full control. It seems to work. I can load the mod. But I'll download the 2.91 patch first...

I have tried both the 2.81 and 2.91 version of ROM , both give me a C++ runtime error that shuts down CIV 4 when creating a world or loading a map. This is odd, I have used ROM the last time I had BTS installed and it worked fine. I am using XP sp3 32bit, have 3 gigs of ram and 512 vram. Unmodded BTS loads fine. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Not sure this will help but receintly I was getting a CTD on starting RoM every time. I defragmented my hard disk and the problem went away..

There is something wrong with the Perfect world 2 mapscript. It is not placing any rivers!

Edit: Never mind, seems to be a fluke. It is working now.

Once again, a great version of ROM Zappara. Game play and synergy are quite smooth now. It's quite enjoyable. One question about AI changes: I've noticed now that in each game, at least one AI civ around me will expand directly towards me from the beginning. I had the neighboring Arabian civ in my latest game form a complete north to south empire directly towards me and not a more cirucular form like the others. Has this been coded into the new AI features?

Hi civ fans,

I'm a having a crash issue after loading the mod. The loading screen gets going for a couple seconds after a start game and then crashes to the desktop. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, elephants need a major plus to jungle until Infantry (close to elephant rifle),

Turning on feature that every civ can found only one religion (forgot how it was named) and than discovering religion-founding-techs first prevents other civs from founding any religions and forms one-religion world. Is that WAD or bug?

Turning on feature that every civ can found only one religion (forgot how it was named) and than discovering religion-founding-techs first prevents other civs from founding any religions and forms one-religion world. Is that WAD or bug?
It's known bug - RevDCM team is trying to fix it (it's bug in their mod). So for now don't use Limited Religion option.

oh... didn't know that. they could at least add warning in the description.
anyway, thank you for quick reply! I really appreciate what you are doing =)

Hi,
first of all thank you for your GREAT mod, I really appreciate your work! :)

I should report a bug while generating dinamic civ names in a multiplayer-team game.
We created a game with 18 civs, 6 teams, so that each team is formed by 3 civs.
When the game starts, me and my 2 friends (Mali, English, Romans), but also computer civs, are correctly called "XXXX Tribe", but when the capital reaches the size of 3, instead of being called "XXX Empire" (if I remember correctly from single player game), each civ is called "MalEngRom Alliance" or something like that.

Because I am a programmer, I tried to look for the code :) (I remember that in another thread you wrote about a Python script generating these names) but I couldn't found.
If you point me to the right direction *maybe* I could fix it myself.

Thanks

EDIT
I searched better in the code, and I discovered where the name is calculated, and also that it is feature that could be disabled, I'm really sorry to have bothered you about that.
I think I will simply deactivate renaming for alliances.

I have still the problem that the other leaders don't talk to me. The text is missing and I can only get out of it using the "ESC"-button. But it's unplayable without talking to the other leaders.

Version 2.90 works fine, but 2.90 with A New Dawn and 2.91 causes the bug.

Any idea ? Anybody with the same problem ?

Attachments

• civ.jpg
    civ.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 467
Hi all. First, let me apologies for my bad English.

I came over this mod today and what a interesting sight. Downloaded it first time, then my problems begun to show up. I simply cannot load the mod. Beyond The Sword quits and do not responding. I tried to download again, Torent from this site. unfortunately, same problem showed up. Mod simply do not want to load and instead quits the game. So no I ask you guys for help. Realy want to test this mod tonight, Looks so promising.

Version: Rise of Mankind 2.9

Hi all. First, let me apologies for my bad English.

I came over this mod today and what a interesting sight. Downloaded it first time, then my problems begun to show up. I simply cannot load the mod. Beyond The Sword quits and do not responding. I tried to download again, Torent from this site. unfortunately, same problem showed up. Mod simply do not want to load and instead quits the game. So no I ask you guys for help. Realy want to test this mod tonight, Looks so promising.

Version: Rise of Mankind 2.9

Assuming you followed the instructions here.

The only thing missing from there is the fact that you need to turn modular loading off in your Civilization.INI file found in the folder "My Games\Beyond the Sword". Change the line containing ModularLoading to
Code:
ModularLoading = 0

Just downloaded RoM 2.9 and followed the instructions to the leetter. Unfortunately the game stops working as soon as I select Rom from the mods menu but there is no explanation why - no error file displayed. Does anyone know why this might happen and if there is anything I can try?

Top Bottom