Rising Tide - First Impressions

Looks like you also can't play with the full 12 sponsors, even on a massive map.

That's disappointing.
You should be able to change that with an easy file edit.
Look at:
Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CivBEWorlds.xml

Anyway. I'm angry now. The bug that makes unit buttons disappear when you use mods that add stuff like Improvements/Promotions etc. has ONCE AGAIN NOT BE FIXED. Neither for the Base game nor for Rising Tide.

It's been known and reported since the freaking RELEASE of the game. How the hell can this annoying nonsense not be fixed by now?

Your military advisor says the following: ________ has ________ agreement, this would help our military

*dismiss*

Your military advisor says the following: ________ has ________ agreement, this would help our military

*dismiss*

:twitch:

I take it those are popping up despite setting the advisor help/notifications to off in settings?

I take it those are popping up despite setting the advisor help/notifications to off in settings?
Yep. It does make some sense, because those are not general Tips but rather tell you that an AI has just acquired a new Diplo Trait as far as I can tell, so it's actually nice to know. But they become annoying really quickly. :D

Horrible buggy...

My own contribution to the list of bugs:
Couldn't buy some tiles in a sea city, the icon was there but clicking on it did nothing.

Well for me BERT is pretty dissapointing.

Don't get me wrong I really like all the changes and the effort that guys from Firaxis have put into this game. I have played only one game with Polystralia and they are enormously overpowered fraction. Getting +2 trade routes per city is just insane. The amount of points that is needed to gather personal traits seems also pretty low. Few of the traits are extremely overpowered like the one that 6% less cost for acquiring virtues per diplomatic treatment that you initiate.

Here are some bullet points about first game turn 157 on quick speed Gemini difficulty
- getting 1200 science per turn
- 482 culture per turn with next virtue costing 870 culture (got 31 virtues already)
- 18 affinity points in purity
- 732 gold per turn

All in all this game feels like there is no challenge at all. It definitely needs alot of balance if a guy that do not consider himself a pro, gets results as described above.

The aliens are a real threat now, playing Duncan on a primordial biome, a kraken just destroyed my outpost even though I had the tougher outpost agreement! Exploration is fun, but I was surprised that explorers are 50% more expensive to build in water cities.

Need to play more to say anything definitive.

Any details on the affinity units? What does Autosled have to make it special, does immortal ignore terrain while moving, changes to the old units to buff them in comparison, etc... ?

Quill played on quick and it seemed really poorly balanced, recommend people just don't use it at all if you want any sort of challenge. I'm not too worried, we have an amazing modding community, and there is nothing they do better than Balance Patches, be it Thal, or Gazebo...someone will make the jump and make the game 100x better than the Devs ever could. Like half the stuff they added to the base games were taken right from the modding community.

Haven't played yet, but one thing that is bothering me is the huge quantities of strategic resources that you'll end up getting from trade routes. Seems that you'll always have more than 15 each without even having them in your territory, like there is no boundaries for you to build resource-required units and buildings

Another "bug?": Farms can now literally be built anywhere. On Resources. On Forests.
Probably also on Canyons and Mountains I'd assume. :p Will need to cheat and test later.

Hutama feels a lot stronger than I had assumed.

Also, I can now confirm that Cities can by default no longer attack over terrain obstacles.

Oh, Academies have actually been nerfed. Yield is down to 2. Bit of a boring way of making them less dominant, but I'll certainly not complain about that.

Like I said, there seems to be a bug on forests now, as you don't need to chop them down to build things (they'll disappear and give 20 production automatically after you finished the improvement)

As mentioned elsewhere Civ has moved to the Dota 2 model regarding bugs: they're features until they get patched out. Enjoy.

Units keep having their banners disappear for me, which is particularly annoying when it's a hard to see alien unit that I have vulnerable things walking by (workers, trade units, colonists). Firaxis, plis. Also annoying is being unable to use a ranged naval unit to declare war on a station, although naval units get so bloody strong so fast it really doesn't matter much. Still.

If it makes anyone feel better, the version your playing now, is the 'gold' release version, there is already a patch going through QA or whatever they call it, and it due out shortly after release. It MIGHT address some of this stuff.. I know it has the trade unit merge in it.

If it makes anyone feel better, the version your playing now, is the 'gold' release version, there is already a patch going through QA or whatever they call it, and it due out shortly after release. It MIGHT address some of this stuff.. I know it has the trade unit merge in it.

Moving from alpha to beta, progress!

Like I said, there seems to be a bug on forests now, as you don't need to chop them down to build things (they'll disappear and give 20 production automatically after you finished the improvement)
It's not only forests, it's everywhere. Quite useful on many Sea Resources. Improvement on Plankton gives +1 Energy (<- Must be the worst yield of all Improvements ever), but you can just put a farm on it instead for a 2 Food 2 Energy 1 Science Tile. Not incredible, but quite nice.

Man, Hutamas Playstyle is insane. All I do is building Trade Units. Don't even have time to get workers. But what would I need them for anyway when I can have 3 Trade Routes per City and 6 in my Capital? Good News btw: The bug that "free" Trade Route Slots would then later not unlock Slots gained by reaching the Population Threshold seems to have been fixed.

Also, those assurances M&M gave us about PAC's free first wonder per city bonus being nerfed to 50%?

Yeah, didn't happen.

As PAC, your first wonder in each city literally finishes in one turn.

Either they were BSing us, or no one in the rest of the design team ever got the memo.

It's not only forests, it's everywhere. Quite useful on many Sea Resources. Improvement on Plankton gives +1 Energy (<- Must be the worst yield of all Improvements ever), but you can just put a farm on it instead for a 2 Food 2 Energy 1 Science Tile. Not incredible, but quite nice.
does building the "wrong" improve still count as improving the Resource tho? so will you still be able to build the Biofuel Plant with any improvement on Algee or does it have to be the correct one?

does building the "wrong" improve still count as improving the Resource tho? so will you still be able to build the Biofuel Plant with any improvement on Algee or does it have to be the correct one?
No, it doesn't. Building a farm on Titanium also doesn't add the strategic resource. ;)

It looks like ALL improvement can be built on any resource now, not just farms. That's certainly one way to make resources viable. ;)

Top Bottom