Rising Tide Sponsor leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was Al-Falah all along the sponsor with the aquatic bonus?

Which does stink, the backstory would be perfect for a submarine bonus

Yes, I would love that. At first, when I saw the eye symbol in the trait, I thought it was the eye symbol for invisibility. I thought maybe the faction would get a bonus to invisible units. :(

Yes, I would love that. At first, when I saw the eye symbol in the trait, I thought it was the eye symbol for invisibility. I thought maybe the faction would get a bonus to invisible units. :(

While that would be an incredibly cool mechanic, the fact that 2 of the 3 invisible units are (hybrid) affinity specific sadly means it's probably too restrictive.

That is, unless more stealth units are added for everyone. That I could get behind :D

While that would be an incredibly cool mechanic, the fact that 2 of the 3 invisible units are (hybrid) affinity specific sadly means it's probably too restrictive.

That is, unless more stealth units are added for everyone. That I could get behind :D

Well, but the submarine unit is an important basic unit that the player will get early on and can build lots of throughout the whole game. So it would be a useful trait even if the player does not build hybrids.

Well, but the submarine unit is an important basic unit that the player will get early on and can build lots of throughout the whole game. So it would be a useful trait even if the player does not build hybrids.

But it would be incredibly pigeonholed. If you don't build hybrids, you might as well just phrase it as a bonus to submarines, it would get the same effect. Same reason why there aren't any sponsor bonuses to miasma - it's too tied to an affinity, and the leaders are supposed to be able to go any affinity equally.

A bonus would either have to be Subs only (so Harmony/Supremacy isn't overly advantaged) or more stealth options added, so all affinities get stealth evenly.

But it would be incredibly pigeonholed. If you don't build hybrids, you might as well just phrase it as a bonus to submarines, it would get the same effect. Same reason why there aren't any sponsor bonuses to miasma - it's too tied to an affinity, and the leaders are supposed to be able to go any affinity equally.

True but the bonus also had the science icon so if you combine the bonus just for subs with an extra science bonus, it could work, since the sub bonus would not be the only thing that the civ gets.

True but the bonus also had the science icon so if you combine the bonus just for subs with an extra science bonus, it could work, since the sub bonus would not be the only thing that the civ gets.

A fair concession. Similar to how the PAU got the food growth AND the OER's in vanilla, albeit hopefully more balanced in this case :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom