Rising Tide Sponsor leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor name: Chungsu*

Leader name: MOON han-jae

Description: Chungsu organization is based in Korean peninsula. In surface(figurative use here), they control Korean military, foreign and financial departments. They are known to be have a lot of underwater annexes.

Hostile factions see MOON han-jae as a leader of dangerous organization, but friendly factions see him as a abstemious and discreet ally. With conservative politics and prudent administration, he is also known as Young Sage.

Born as a last son of rich arsitocrat family in Neo-Busan, He loved learning and their parents spent generously for his education. He was already known as prodigy at 6 and the government recommended him to go Chungsu's Sesokogye** institute. Educated as a leader in the institute, he showed excellent political senses.

When the institute was almost flooded in Harubang*** tsunami incident, he became a hero as he saved hundreds of lives. He graduated as youngest and best student, and became a candidate for leader of Chungsu's colony.

* Not sure what they meant with this name. Could be 'Clean(or clear) water' which was used in traditional rituals.
** Means something like chivalry. check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwarang#Five_commandments
*** Means stone statue/totems in Jeju island. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dol_hareubang

I just checked, the stream yesterday showed NSA as light blue/greyish on the minimap, but there's no one like this here (yet on the diplo-screen he is). I still think it's fake.

I guess Japan got wiped out by the stone totem tsunami.

I just checked, the stream yesterday showed NSA as light blue/greyish on the minimap, but there's no one like this here (yet on the diplo-screen he is). I still think it's fake.

NSA on the minimap is the indigo one.

If it is a fake, it is a very well done one

I think their ability pertaining in no way to water is evidence that it's a fake. Firaxis did say the last one is a water sponsor, but then again, the fragmented translation could be saying Korea goes underwater and now they're ocean people, and firaxis was only referring to that they spawned on water by default.

If the latter, I'm a little disappointed. If the ability is science from operations, that seems really weird, useless later-game, and far too close to ARC. They have an artifact system and the water stuff this civ could be tied to, or even tied to science in a different way (which would be hella OP because science = win), but instead it's a second spy sponsor?

I think it's fake, personally. But, you never know.

Those concept images look like the style we saw used with other BE leader concept art so I'm leaning towards it being real.

Firaxis says a lot of things that kind of turned out to be off the mark, like how these new factions were supposed to be rougher and more isolationist even though Lena is anything but.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was another misdirection on their part to try and keep us from figuring it out.

In the middle of the continent? They are supposed to start on the water.

Look closer. There are at least the cities, one of which seems to be in the ocean.

I am on the fence about the legitimacy of this leak. Unfortunately, Firaxis doesn't comment on leaks or hoaxes, so we still have to wait till the official release.

I am somewhat disappointed that it steps on the toes of the ARC. There are several new features that could have been exploited for a trait and they went back to espionage.

I think their ability pertaining in no way to water is evidence that it's a fake. Firaxis did say the last one is a water sponsor, but then again, the fragmented translation could be saying Korea goes underwater and now they're ocean people, and firaxis was only referring to that they spawned on water by default.

If the latter, I'm a little disappointed. If the ability is science from operations, that seems really weird, useless later-game, and far too close to ARC. They have an artifact system and the water stuff this civ could be tied to, or even tied to science in a different way (which would be hella OP because science = win), but instead it's a second spy sponsor?

I think it's fake, personally. But, you never know.

Yeah, it would be pretty underwhelming as the last sponsor.

It does kind of explain the PAC-Korea relationship. If PAC nuked the Korean Peninsula, the survivors would take to the seas while PAC appropriated whatever uncontaminated land remained.

If this is legit, Firaxis/2K's plan of holding back the last sponsor for a grand entrance got ruined.

It got ruined with Venice and the Shoshone also, if you recall. They were leaked by a member of the media before official announcement.

Trait: Enemy Within

Start with a free covert agent.
Gain 10/15/30 science per agent level with every successful covert operation.

Since traits level up, shouldn't that be 10/15/30 per trait level? That would be consistent with the format of how traits works.

But the trait itself seems to overlap quite a bit on ARC. Having 2 spy civs in the game seems a bit odd.

I think it's telling that people are so disappointed by this sponsor that they're actually trying to write the whole thing off as fake.

Thing is, this is very in keeping with how these devs have been operating. They tend to have their own reasoning that doesn't always make sense to the rest of us.

I kind of doubt this is a Korean hoax because this sponsor feels a lot like what us westerners would come up with when designing an Asian faction, but not how South Koreans see themselves.

That's why you're seeing so many South Korean comments talking about how this seems to be based more on American perceptions of North Korea.

If this were designed by South Koreans, you'd probably see a much taller, strapping leader whose traits had more to do with strength and technological innovation than spying.

Plot twist..
South Korea is part of PAC
This is a North Korean faction after the BM. ;)

Joking aside, I'm also on the fence about the legitimacy of this leak. True, I expected more from the last sponsor but, I'm not that disappointed. Meh I guess...
If it is indeed Korea though, I still don't get what's the fuss about... Why the hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom