Rivers missing on the map

Oh wtf. I thought it was weird I didn't spawn on a river, after seeing this thread I checked my game and indeed, there is an invisible river. Completely messed up my farms as I didn't know it was there. :cringe:

Also playing on the Inland sea map. Only some rivers don't show, others do.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0125.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
So, to start with, I'm pretty sure my computer doesn't meet specs. BUT, I've played a number of games without issue prior to this.

Inland sea map, I can see rivers in the strategic view, but on the normal view, many don't appear -- some do, but it seems to be around 5%. I was very confused for some time as to why my settlers were having some bright green spots when I didn't see any water.

Most recent save attached, if others who actually meet specs want to check it out?

Attachments

• GORGO 187 190 AD.Civ6Save
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 125
It's happened to me once, and I well meet the specs.

Just retire and hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for this thread, I was going insane. Units looked like weren't getting full movement points, and I couldn't find any thread with the problem! Turned out, it was invisible rivers.

Thanks for this thread, I was going insane. Units looked like weren't getting full movement points, and I couldn't find any thread with the problem! Turned out, it was invisible rivers.

Was this on a fresh patch game? I was seriously hoping this was fixed

Was this on a fresh patch game? I was seriously hoping this was fixed

Yes, this was on the latest patch. The first 2 tries had at least some invisible rivers, but the third had no problem. I used random settings for temp, age, etc., so can't give more specifics about whether a particular setting of Island Sea causes the issue.

Graphical glitch - the river is invisible.

Attachments

• River.jpg
    River.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 170
Wow I haven't come across this one? :eek:

Same.

I don't play Inland Sea now cos of the hidden rivers. It affects movement, etc. Really annoying cos it's a really great map. Firaxis/2K please fix ASAP.

I just installed the Spring Patch - 1.0.0.129 (260180) and they STILL have not fixed this. Very disappointing. Started up an inland sea map and started on an invisible river.

This issue was posted on the Steam forums as well and folks there indicated that while Inland Sea maps were especially susceptible to this issue they have seen it happen on other map types as well, just not very often. The theory is that it occurs when a river does not end in an ocean or lake, which sort of makes sense if you've tried map builder and noticed it forces you to start rivers from a body of water. The reason why Inland Sea has this issue is that most of the rivers on the outer regions of the map start on the map edge and cannot make it to the big inland sea so they are unable to render properly.

But this has been a bug since day 1 and makes inland sea maps virtually unplayable unless you want to remain in strategic view all the time. Please fix this Firaxis!!

Top Bottom