RK13 - The Great Prophet Game

up to Turn 392
We capture Jelling at the loss of 1 cannon.

up to Turn 396
Birka had much more defenders than usual, but thanks to massive cannon bombardment, it wasn't long until the city was waving a new flag. A white one.

Lodose, not so tough...

I'm surprised Ragnar still thinks he's fine on his own.

We trade for Gilga's Physics for a pile of gold he can use to upgrade his troops.

And we seem to have adequate Uranium for the nuclear war that's probably not going to happen.

After Fascism and Physics, we research Artillery next, and tell Gilga to go for Electricity.
Showing mercy on Charlie, we gift him Democracy and tell him to Emancipate.

up to Turn 400

I'm shocked! Ragnar STILL thinks he's fine on his own.

A Great Scientist Prophet is born at Eridu, he's going to settle at Bibracte, as usual.

It is safe to say that massive hoarding of wealth resulted in massive upgrading of troops.
We will have Artillery at around... turn 404.

up to Turn 407
Somehow Gandhi makes peace with Alex. And hasn't vassalized! But how? This is totally mind-boggling.

After Artillery, head to Flight for Paratroopers.

Lose 1 infantry and 3 cannons to the hills machineguns at Tonsberg. Nevertheless...

After a few long turns of attrition, one of our mini-stacks takes Roskilde, losing only 1 cannon.

Losing 2 cannons, the Viking capital finally becomes annexed to Celtia.

And finally we decided to emancipate the Viking people...

Make this trade with our new best pal, Gandhi:

Well Gilga is too slow to research for our tastes. So give him Electricity then have him research Radio (or Fission or something else) while we go for Industrialism. Unless Gandhi is willing to trade his Radio, which I highly doubt, as he's likely building a wonder. Radio is for the awesome Bombers.

Alex is next, heal up and our stack is ready. We have 40% land (and I'm sure some of the viking land doesn't count yet), so let's go for the win!

We still have a mountain of gold to upgrade to infantry and artillery with. Unfortunately I don't think anyone is upgrading to Paratroopers, so...

Ok, I actually removed the waypoints in our core cities. (I may have forgotten the capital though.) I think we should be building troops to defend against Joao's attack. Or better yet, to invade Joao. :lol:

He's only at cautious against us now, he might get frisky. Oh, and by the way, he already has Industrialism.

Attachments

• RK13 AD-1794.CivBeyondSwordSave
    430.8 KB · Views: 56
Almost there! Got it and will dispose of Alex tomorrow night. I think I want to take back some of that gold we gave Gandhi for Electricity in exchange for Biology, then mass upgrade cannons to artillery, then invade. Good thing his capital is pretty close to the Viking border.

I'll send all new troops to Tolosa just in case. Flight > Radio > Industrialism unless Gilga's quick enough to get to one of them before we do, while putting airports in production cities and starting on bombers.

Photobucket's bugged out on me apparently so no pictures for now.

IT, 1794AD:

Give Biology to Gandhi for ~2700g and upgrade lots of cannons to artillery. Slot in some coal plants in production cities (will be followed by hospitals no doubt). Set some cities' rally points to Tolosa.

1798AD:

Declare war on Alexander. We get a great merchant in Bibracte and when I deleted him I also accidentally deleted the town (the improvement, I mean!) he was standing on. Oops. No worries. :) Anyway, the replacement great prophet is of course settled in the capital.

1800AD:

We take Corinth.

1806AD:

And Athens.

Flight is in and we start some airports. Next up is Refrigeration because we need some supermarkets to combat unhealthiness. We might not even get to use any bombers we build with Radio but at least we can prevent some population points dying down and lowering our score.

1812AD:

Great general born after Alex suicides some cavalry into our infantry and he builds a military academy in Gergovia.

1816AD:

Capture Mycenae.

Great scientist born in Eridu, this time I delete him on a desert tile outside Ur. The prophet is sent to Bibracte. Start on Radio.

1820AD:

Sparta.

1822AD:

Did a recon mission over Joao's land and he's got a good-sized stack in Braga. (Just imagine the screenshot here).

No real threat, though. Plus he's not in WHEOOHRN anyway.

1824AD:

Capture Argos.

I notice Gilgamesh is about to take Halicarnassus so I re-direct him to Thebes and send the stack healing in Mycenae to take it instead.

1826AD:

Gilgamesh takes Halicarnassus anyway.

1828AD:

Start Industrialism. Bombers in Gergovia and Bibracte.

1832AD:

Take Thebes. Alex is pretty tenacious and is still not willing to capitulate.

1838AD:

Take Ephesus, still no capitulation. We got the Radio Artist event this turn and I pick the option for +250 culture in all cities. It costs pennies and will help stabalize our new cities culturally.

1841AD:

Take Knossos and finally capitulation, also receiving Vijayanagara.

Attachments

• RK13 AD-1841.CivBeyondSwordSave
    459.8 KB · Views: 51
Went to play the save and we are at peace with Alex, not Capitulation.

Shall I wait 10 turns and wipe out his remaining city in our way or do you want to replay from an autosave Glare?

Sorry about that. Played again from 1836AD and it went exactly the same except no radio event, unfortunately.

Attachments

• RK13 AD-1841.CivBeyondSwordSave
    459 KB · Views: 80
Glare Seethe said:
We get a great merchant in Bibracte and when I deleted him I also accidentally deleted the town (the improvement, I mean!) he was standing on.
I sincerely hope you put the town back. :lol:

And I'm sad we lost the radio event, that is all. :cry:

Well we win already but I think that spot deserves a town, WD, please feel free to WorldBuilder our town back. :lol:

The Prophecy of the Dragon, Part 7
Spoiler :
I decided to play a short set.

Turn 431
1.) Open Borders with Alex.
2.) Move troops around in preparation of war with Gandhi.
3.) Gift Democracy to Alex.

Turn 432
Industrialism is completed. Set Plastics. We have four aluminum, two already connected.

Turn 433 Z

Turn 434 Gandhi builds the UN. I vote for us as Secretary.

Turn 435

Turn 436 Units healed. War next turn.

Turn 437

Turn 438 Plastics completed. Queue Rocketry.

Turn 439
1.) Prophet sent to Bibracte.
2.) Bombard Delhi.
3.) Remaining Artillery attack. No losses. I love CRIII.
4.) All troops attack. No losses but nor enough troops.

Turn 440
1.) I get Radio Event.

2.) We take Delhi with no losses.

3.) Gandhi Capitulates.

4.) I get OB.
5.) Trade.

6.) We get some sweet wonders.

7.) Put all EP's toward Joao. Set EP silder to 80% in anticipation of war to help prevent sabotage.

Turn 441 Move troops around to heal and attack Joao.

Turn 442 No words needed.

Turn 443 A picture says a thousand words.

Hopefully this victory condition is acceptable to all. Heck, what all. There is just the three of us. The game has been won for some time so I figured the quicker it was completed hopefully the quicker another will start in its place.

Attachments

• RK13 AD-1853.CivBeyondSwordSave
    492.6 KB · Views: 55
  • RK13 AD-1852.CivBeyondSwordSave
    493.9 KB · Views: 69
We win!!! I guess we have Gandhi to thank for speeding up our backdoor victory.
It's totally awesome that we got the Radio event anyway. :lol:

Cool, lemme download the save to give me an entry on the hall of fame.

Future plans?

Game summary...
1. Emperor difficulty can be won without any Great Scientists. (Though our victory has been tainted by the Free Academy event.)
2. We conquered the world... clockwise!

Er... I'm talking about variant, mainly. :lol:

I prefer variants or goals that aren't awfully restrictive but still make the game very different. Like this one. Problem is, I can't think of any right now. How about a "Just Win" game with a leader/civ people think are crappy... which in itself is a variant.

edit: Although I draw the line at some leaders:
NO TO Toku
NO TO Hammurabi
NO TO Saladin

I am thinking of Churchill, Lincoln and Bismarck.

EDIT 2: Sorry for the second edit. I have thought of something: how about we're all playing against Creative Leaders, while using a non-creative one. AI's tend to do better as Creative so I would go Monarch difficulty.

Sounds like it could be interesting depending on map type and size.

I was thinking about some type of variant using the Hub map script. Good for rexing, economy recovery, AI blocking. War is much more difficult since you are hardly ever protected from any other civ.

So awesome that we got the radio event after all.

I also don't care that much for very restrictive variants but other than that I'm usually game for anything. Non-Creative vs. Creative sounds fun but on Monarch I am pretty sure we'll wipe the floor with them regardless. Never played Hub so that could be interesting too.

Come on, don't be too confident. I'm just a Monarch player who only recently started playing Emperor by himself. :lol:

Ok, Non-creative vs Creative in a Hub map then at Emperor. I promise I'll cry if it's too hard. :cry:

Now to leader... shall we pick one of the "usual" non-Inca strong leaders or go with one of the lesser played guys listed above. Churchill says hi.

Don't really mind either way!

In a Hub map does the player always start in the, well, hub? Are there any special resource distribution rules? Maybe I'll roll some maps later tonight to check it out.

You can choose how many players start on each hub. I find the "pressed" options under both places to be better. Churchill sounds fine since I have never played him before. Resources and land can be an issue depending on how the roll comes up. I have had some really good land with hardly any water then I have had some really fragmented land masses as well. Happiness and Health can be an issue depending on the start as well. Barbarians can be troublesome as well. I think we may have issues on emperor but then again if we loose we could always go down a level and start again.

Ok, well I did picked Pressed but it still has some fragmented islands.

And in Hub, at least it eliminates the problem of "close borders spark tension" against us. Now the AI just plays "supposedly" better.

Top Bottom