[MODCOMP] Rockdrums2RocknRoll Soundtrack overhaul mod

Curious, I wonder if the files (along with the original music) could be compressed? I did a lot of music compressing for a multiplayer game server I was on, and it was honestly kind of amazing how small I could get the files without any noticeable reduction in quality. If I could do the same thing with these, maybe they could be folded into the main game?

Edit: A lot of this would depend on being able to convert the MP3 files to .ogg format, but I don't know if Civ 4 recognizes those? A lot of what I did was basically import the files into Audacity, set bitrate to 22050hz, then export as .ogg quality 0. Could frequently shave the file down 2-4x in size.
You'd have to do some testing. I have not idea what file types could be recognized - I would bet that's all defined in the exe.

The download link for the main file (the music) isn't working for me either. I am not a new user and I was able to just download while not even logged in for over a year now. Media Fire says that the file doesn't exist.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think the address in the link/URL looked different. The posted URLs may have somehow changes. I was able to download the music a just month ago.
To be clear, usually I did get an error about "you don't have access to this file." I would just close, wait a moment, and open the link again and it would work. Now it says they don't exist and nothing I try gets them to show.
I tried the link for your patch too and that link doesn't work not either.

A total shot in the dark here: if its not and Media Fire's end, I think a forum update may have messed up the URLs (because I 'think' I remember the addresses being different). Maybe try to post the URLs as plain text and let us copy-paste?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/70xfl74ry0cyfn4/Sword_of_Geddon_Soundtrack_Mod.rar/file

EDIT: I have always used the Media Fire links directly. Getting the links via the attached files still works. I guess Media Fire did some update to their direct URL links.

EDIT 2: I'm brain dead today. I can download the patches because they're hosted on civfanatics, but the actual mod on Media Fire is gone.

Last edited:
The download link for the main file (the music) isn't working for me either. I am not a new user and I was able to just download while not even logged in for over a year now. Media Fire says that the file doesn't exist.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think the address in the link/URL looked different. The posted URLs may have somehow changes. I was able to download the music a just month ago.
To be clear, usually I did get an error about "you don't have access to this file." I would just close, wait a moment, and open the link again and it would work. Now it says they don't exist and nothing I try gets them to show.
I tried the link for your patch too and that link doesn't work not either.

A total shot in the dark here: if its not and Media Fire's end, I think a forum update may have messed up the URLs (because I 'think' I remember the addresses being different). Maybe try to post the URLs as plain text and let us copy-paste?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/70xfl74ry0cyfn4/Sword_of_Geddon_Soundtrack_Mod.rar/file

EDIT: I have always used the Media Fire links directly. Getting the links via the attached files still works. I guess Media Fire did some update to their direct URL links.

EDIT 2: I'm brain dead today. I can download the patches because they're hosted on civfanatics, but the actual mod on Media Fire is gone.
Seems like @Sword_Of_Geddon must reupload it

Its been awile since it was updated is this still working with the current C2C?
Last time I played was about a month ago and it seemed to work with the current C2C SVN at the time.
There are some warnings when updating the C2C. 2 or 3 files in which I think the songs are defined by era, so I'm not 100% sure it all works as intended, but it seems fine.
I haven't looked deep enough to see if there was anything of importance that differed between the C2C and your versions of these files.

Its been awile since it was updated is this still working with the current C2C?
It is very outdated, use my XML files for it (SVN), updated stuff on first post

Last edited:
Top Bottom