1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Roger Federer is amazing.

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Dawgphood001, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Berrie

Berrie Proud father

True, but in Paris she seems unbeatable because it's now the third time in a row she won Roland Garros and three years ago the Williams sister were there as was Clijsters...

2. Lambert Simnel

Lambert Simnel One across

:bump:

Mildly interesting to re-read this thread given how much Nadal has the edge over Federer this year. Doesn't stop Federer being amazing, or having an incredible record, and he may well regain the no. 1 spot. But there's been quite a turnaround since Federer appeared so dominant only 15 or so months ago.

3. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

He's not amazing enough to win the Olympics obviously. If I remember correctly, Pete Sampras could never win on clay either

4. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Retired Moderator

well, Federer did win the Olympics...though not in the singles... :p

5. Dawgphood001

Dawgphood001 The Professional Poster

I don't think Federer's difficult year thus far has everything to do with him not performing to his standards (He did reach two grand slam finals), but it has more to do with Nadal becoming a much, much better player. Thus far he has won 8 titles, and it looks as if he will pick up a few more before the year ends. Djokovic is also improving, having won the Australian Open earlier this year as well as a few other big titles.

Fed's competition is becoming more competitive. I for one think he will re-bound and regain the top spot, but maybe not this year.