Roger Federer is amazing.

She's number 1 but right now there seems to be a lacking of extremly decent competition in the WTA tour, sharapova is 2nd in the world i think and of course she has a chance at winning but the WTA is far from where it was a few years ago where the Williams sisters were on top form cliysters being difficult and the russians just coming through.
True, but in Paris she seems unbeatable because it's now the third time in a row she won Roland Garros and three years ago the Williams sister were there as was Clijsters...

:bump:

Mildly interesting to re-read this thread given how much Nadal has the edge over Federer this year. Doesn't stop Federer being amazing, or having an incredible record, and he may well regain the no. 1 spot. But there's been quite a turnaround since Federer appeared so dominant only 15 or so months ago.

He's not amazing enough to win the Olympics obviously. If I remember correctly, Pete Sampras could never win on clay either
well, Federer did win the Olympics...though not in the singles... :p

:bump:

Mildly interesting to re-read this thread given how much Nadal has the edge over Federer this year. Doesn't stop Federer being amazing, or having an incredible record, and he may well regain the no. 1 spot. But there's been quite a turnaround since Federer appeared so dominant only 15 or so months ago.

I don't think Federer's difficult year thus far has everything to do with him not performing to his standards (He did reach two grand slam finals), but it has more to do with Nadal becoming a much, much better player. Thus far he has won 8 titles, and it looks as if he will pick up a few more before the year ends. Djokovic is also improving, having won the Australian Open earlier this year as well as a few other big titles.

Fed's competition is becoming more competitive. I for one think he will re-bound and regain the top spot, but maybe not this year.

Top Bottom