Role Play Challenge: Cold, Drunken, Viking, Scum

Nice game :). BTW what is the difficulty? You seem to have little problem this time and I am impressed by the speed at which you wiped Saladin out. He's been a thorn in my side for a number of games now and I hope to finally have my revenge on him one day, so nice one going for an early rush, though I favour axes over chariots.

Also fermented milk - aka "kumys" - is usually made from mare's milk, not cow's milk. So that's another resource to add to your list. Good luck with that...

Nice game :). BTW what is the difficulty? You seem to have little problem this time and I am impressed by the speed at which you wiped Saladin out. He's been a thorn in my side for a number of games now and I hope to finally have my revenge on him one day, so nice one going for an early rush, though I favour axes over chariots.

Also fermented milk - aka "kumys" - is usually made from mare's milk, not cow's milk. So that's another resource to add to your list. Good luck with that...

Difficulty is Monarch, as every of RPCs have been except for the first Mighty Khan and the Accidental emperor Alexander II.

And don't forget the sugar. Sugar is so important for getting some good drinks!!!
Great game so far.

What an inventive group of drinkers we are, at the rate we're thinking up things to make drink out of before you win you will need to control every resource on the map, except the metals. Anyone know any ways to make beer out of gold?

Cold Drunken Viking Scum: Oblivian!

Yes, there ar emany things to try and make alcohol out of and Ragnar will ever look to more creative ways. However, for the point in argument we will stay with the rules, as we pretty mush dominated the entire game! Consider what is ever left can be traded for or bullied from the remaining leaders.

But where do we stand now?

First of all

We decide to keep Peter busy for a little bit while

We quickly claim Charlemagne's two cities

Liberating the last sugar resources and destroying the religious fanatic! We then begin to move on towards his master HC who has the LAST resource we need to corner the world's alcohol market.

Only during this war did we actually upgrade our Beserkers. Great UUs which lasted a VERY long time and can be upgraded at anytime. Infantry with a free amphibious promotion!

So what to do here???? It's pretty obvious that the rice culture flips to Will and we cannot build a city with the former Incan city there. we decide to

Yep, we razed the shrined Islam holy city!!! Small sacrifice to put more sake into the Viking's hands! We dropped a large army there and kept it to prevent revolts! We had no problem retaining it.

At this point we control every resource needed, as dictated by the RPC rules. Now is time to figure out how to win! Abe and Williem have been great drinking buddies with old Ragnar and he prefers not to invade them. Peter and HC on the other hand...

But to consider this properly we take peace, for the moment.

And here's a shot at the new Viking lands.

Good old Will stops by for a visit.

OK, a generous trade but forgive Ragnar, he is a bit drunk.

And after Ragnar is in a fog on how to win the game: Space, UN, build an army, Peter stops by to help Ragnar make his decision.

At this point the vikings went a little crazy and all over the place. They simply picked their weapons and attacked the nearest thing. Actually, they were pretty damned efficient at it, I guess the idea of peace and quiet while they consumed large amounts of booze had a certain appeal.

First

well, you all get the idea! Soon Suliman rebelled from Peter (we made a separate peace there), Ramses dies, and

Checking Victory conditions

We ramp culture up to 20% to expand borders and

To Be Continued...............

Cold Drunken Viking Scum: Oblivian

Domination victory!!!!!!

Ragba=nar is delighted, bring all the remaining leaders from arround the world to his drinking hall and forcing them all to get drunk with him, A, what greta decadent times!!!!!

Some civilization shots

Here are the power numbers.

Yeah, Vikings do what the do best (besides drinking).

we ended up #1 in GNP.

Amazing considering we never built a damned science building and never ran a scientist, ever.

The Viking people sobered their leader up enough to get this polaroid

Our cities

We teched Assembly line yet no one city is even close to 100 beakers, but all produce a little bit.

And finally techs

Well, we could have even done a space race win, something I considered just to see if I could without science buildings, but then I thought of drunken Vikings at the helms and decided this route was far safer!

Hope you all enjoyed the game, recap of this RPC to follow.

Next game is Gandhi the Pacifist. War is forbidden by the Mahatma, ever self defense. He can ONLY build one unit in each city! A game to purify us a bit after the REX queen games, making a pact with the devil (FDR and Tokugawa)and the drunken Vikings!

OK, a very successful RPC game game here considering both victory conditions and rules were a bit harsh!

RPC Rules:
1) Those alcohol resources: Controlled them all, and that last rice resource required a little creative manuvering. Of course we had all sorts of suggestions on how to make better and better booze, but stuck to the earlier rules: wine/corn/wheat/sugar/rice! enough to keep Ragnar fully loaded and keep the rest of the world rather unhealthy.

2) No science building or scientists. WOW, was I surprised to find out how insignificant this rule became! Saved beakers allowed us to build gold building running the slider higher, plus allowed us to build an early army that we could use immediately once we discovered astronomy. Scinece, Bah who needs it, a worthless endevour!

Why we won.
1) An agressive chariot rush of Saladin, a protective leader. Also got us a holy city which help finances later on.
2) The GLH and Colossus wonders. Even in isolation, they provided an enormous commerce boost more than compensating for the loss of science buildings.
3) The sheer brute force numbers of the Viking army (and agressive leader against leaders with NO military traits) simply overwhelmed anyone in our way!
4) There were some critical steps in controlling the economy: Shrining the Hindu Holy City, Building the Forbidden Palace, Capturing Peter's Confuscian Holy city, Adopting State Property, and capturing HC's shrined Buddhist holy city.
5) Diplomacy, yeah even this scum Vikings need a friend or two. Abe and Willem were great friends in this game, if for nothing else a stable region of the world!

Well, that's it. Now, I am in search of the nearest bar in teh neighborhood!

Amazing work, Vikings triumph again!

It'll be interesting to see the Gandhi game, you've had fairly easy wins with Catherine 1, 2, Roosevelt and Ragnar so it should be a neat challenge!

Let's see, after Gandhi you will still have these ideas to do (of course not in this order probably, and you might have changed the idea for some):

Ramesses II the Intolerant (He must found a religion, project himself God, and destroy every other religion!)

Lawless Hammurabi (He cannot tech CoL and thus not build courthouses, death to Lawyers!)

Boudica's Man! (She must marry one man, kill the other, and fight off the other ladies on a Pangea Map)

The Envious Little General (Napolean must steal all of the world wonders but build none)

GREED! (Mansa in a CE game, with the need to control all commerce resources)

Sury's Earth Excursion (On a Fantasy_Realm map, Survavarman II must either exterminate all of Sury clones or flee back to the alien home world!)

Fickle Isabella (She must control all 7 holy cities and adopt to the newest religion)

Qin the Cowardly (He must never declare war, while running a strict CE, and give in to almost all demands)

Lincoln's Best City on Earth (A OCC with Lincoln, naming the capital New York, and trying for a Space Win)

Pacal and the Barbarian Mayans (A normal game, with the only rules being that he may never adopt any civics!)

The OTHER Mighty Khan (A strict mine/farm economy as in the Brennus game, similar to first RPC)

Amazing work, Vikings triumph again!

It'll be interesting to see the Gandhi game, you've had fairly easy wins with Catherine 1, 2, Roosevelt and Ragnar so it should be a neat challenge!

How many RPC ideas do you have stored for future use now? 10 or so? :D Lincoln, Kublai, Pacal, Mansa, Napolean etc.

All 52 leaders! The ones I have trouble with idea's for are the two Ottoman ones although I like their traits!

All 52 leaders! The ones I have trouble with idea's for are the two Ottoman ones although I like their traits!

You could do one with Mehmed II, involving taking over Constantinople and renaming it Istanbul, and making it your capital :) (And of course then renaming the original capital something else) You should also make wiping out Byzantium a rule.

As for Suleiman, use him for an idea where you have no idea what leader to do it with. :lol:

And other leaders, maybe for De Gaulle, a modern game?

You could try and make sure the game lasts and focuses heavily on late game gameplay (perhaps purposely limiting yourself and your empire) and modern units. You could also handpick the leaders of Roosevelt, Stalin, Churchill, Mao and Gandhi for a 20th century twist.

Rules would include not wiping out any Civs before the modern era :O

As always, a very interesting and fun read!

Two points I wanted to make:

1) Think it might to time to move up the difficulty? After dominating with such strict rules, I think you could handle Emp. Maybe start with a RPC with easier rules than this, though.

2) "Ragba=nar" is the greatest typo I have ever seen! I don't even know how you managed to do it! :D I don't mean to mock, I find it fascinating how some typos appear and this is one of my favourites.

I manage some whopper typos by multi-tasking and losing track of which window the mouse is hovering over (I use XMouse with background active windows, no clicking needed). Text fragments just dissapear into the wrong window.

Top Bottom