Roman Empire 330 AD

luiz

Trendy Revolutionary
This scenario takes place in the year 330 AD. You are Constantine, Emperor of the Roman Empire, and your task is to save the empire without splitting, and make it last for hundreds of years.
Defeat the Sassanians, destroy all of the barbarian nations, trade with India, China, Korea and Japan, discover America.

The map Marla Singer's World Map.

This are the civs:
Rome
Sassanian Empire
German Tribes
Celts(Scotland and Ireland)
Scandinavian Tribes
Huns
African Natives
India
China
Korea
Japan
Aztecs
Incans

Observations:
->The names of the korean citys are the names of the korean kingdoms of that time.
->The names of germans and scandinavian citys are the names of the regions they are located at.
->The human player is, of course, Rome. Its easy to change it using the editor, but I recomend playing with Rome.

Attachments

• rome constantine.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 6,833
I know colonizing America may seem fantastical, but my idea was to conduct the roman empire through the centurys, so eventually they would discover America...
I like playing as the Sassinians too, its a challenge!

Originally posted by phoenix_night

And what about Wales?

If it's 330 AD there's strictly no Welsh or Scots. The Scots came originally from Ireland and settled in the West Coast of what's now called Scotland around 400AD (they made raids during earlier times). In this time frame 'Scotland' was home to the Picts (mainly made up from a tribe called Caledonii or Caledonians by the Romans). The Romans won a few battles against the Picts but never conquered them and eventually built Hadrian's Wall to keep them out. The rest of mainland Britain was occupied by Britons i.e. Celts (which comprised a number of different tribes including the Iceni led by Queen Boudecca). They were eventually pushed westward by invading Anglo-Saxons ~500AD onward. The the word Wales is Anglo-Saxon in origin and ironically means 'foreigner'. You definitely want to include Picts, Britons and Irish. A cool Pictish Warrior unit has been created as well which you may want to use. If you want more background on Picts, Welsh etc then please check out the pedia file of my Arthurian Britain scenario.

Can Rome have a communist revolution after a humiliating defeat to the Germanic Empire and become the People's Republic of Rome? :p

Sims2789 said:
Can Rome have a communist revolution after a humiliating defeat to the Germanic Empire and become the People's Republic of Rome? :p

Sure. That's the nice thing about Civ.

I beat the hell out of the celts but they somehow have one city left at south america.

Do you hae any intention of making another scenario similar to this?

Arvln said:
I beat the hell out of the celts but they somehow have one city left at south america.
You probably have respawn turned on. Personally I find it very annoying so I always turn it off.

Arvln said:
Do you hae any intention of making another scenario similar to this?
Sure, when I have some time I might make one for C3C.

Man, Constantine was a small figure with greatest achievement of allowing Christianity florish in Roman empire. Wow! Whereas he restored consept of single ruler, he did not expand empire. Even Diocletian of that era or Justinian of 6th century will suit scenario better. Read texbooks, guys!

Ha, you can't have seen the millions that DogeMussolini32 did the other day in this very forum!

I must admit, while amazingly annoying, this phenomenon *does* bring up interesting old scenarios like this one that I would never have found otherwise.

Top Bottom