ROME 3.1.0 for ROM 2.9

Small note on russian-style graphics:

1. WWI russian infantry didnt wear helmets like french or german, well at least it wasn't main type of headgear : http://taunt.ru/Rekonstrukciya_Pervoi_Mirovoi/Razminka_pered_boem/ - those were most common.
2. WWII infantry soldier holding in his hands something resembling american M-4 assault rifle, while in reality most widely used handgun in Red Army (besides WWI-style rifle) was this http://www.google.ru/search?q=ппш+ф...=t&rls=org.mozilla:ru:official&client=firefox
3. also for WWII uniform - fur hats and those coats are winter uniform :) regular uniform would look more like that http://www.newsland.ru/News/Detail/cat/37/id/224817/img/30/ (many more 1918-1945 years Red Army uniform images there, unfortunately site is in russian). And we didn't have riding bears too hehe :)

p.s. and 4. what is this ugly brick-like thing all machinegunners holding on their shoulder? personally i liked old style machinegun more. Again, if aiming for historical accuracy, in models should be used national weapons for appropriate periods. Lots of machine-guns photos on this site http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg90-r.htm - it's in russian but gun names are in english, i think it have almost all of them covered, from Hatling to Vikers and MG-42 etc. etc.

Hi, this seems like an interesting modmod and one I would like to try. Could anyone tell me if it works with A New Dawn 1.6?

I hope you can fit some of the leader changes into the next version, that would be awesome. I am using v 3.05, have I missed some other updates? They are hard to find all in one place. Anyways, I look forward to 3.09 since I really like your mod of RoM, very well done!

Hi, this seems like an interesting modmod and one I would like to try. Could anyone tell me if it works with A New Dawn 1.6?

works for me (1.64 AND and 2.81 ROM). I installed first RoM, then copied Aaranda all mods into Rom folder, then copied Rome, then ran AND installed which ran WOC which merged them all.

Also Zulu,

I noticed that any leader that doesn't start with the wheel gets the wheel for free when you start, and if you pick a civilization that starts with the wheel, they only get the two techs total (ie, civ without wheel at start gets agriculture, stone tools and wheel while the civ that starts with the wheel gets only the wheel and stone tools). Is every civ supposed to get a free civ like the wheel at the start or is that an error? Just wanted to bring it to your attention. If you have already addressed this then just let me know.

Thanks

Also Zulu,

I noticed that any leader that doesn't start with the wheel gets the wheel for free when you start, and if you pick a civilization that starts with the wheel, they only get the two techs total (ie, civ without wheel at start gets agriculture, stone tools and wheel while the civ that starts with the wheel gets only the wheel and stone tools). Is every civ supposed to get a free civ like the wheel at the start or is that an error? Just wanted to bring it to your attention. If you have already addressed this then just let me know.

Thanks

Dude, that's nothing to do with ROME

hey zulu!

will you release a new version for Rom 2.9 ? just curious...

I just can´t play it without your mod and AND...

If it has nothing to do with ROME, then can you be a bit more specific? Are you saying that it a problem with the original game? If so then it is a complete waste of time for civs to start with the wheel. Is it a problem with the original mod? Then it still should be addressed because it makes those leaders who start with the wheel start at a disadvantage. Are you saying there is no way to alter the civilization's starting techs to remedy the situation?

I am not a modder, so I don't know what the problem is. If you know what the problem is can you please enlighten me?

If it has nothing to do with ROME, then can you be a bit more specific? Are you saying that it a problem with the original game? If so then it is a complete waste of time for civs to start with the wheel. Is it a problem with the original mod? Then it still should be addressed because it makes those leaders who start with the wheel start at a disadvantage. Are you saying there is no way to alter the civilization's starting techs to remedy the situation?

I am not a modder, so I don't know what the problem is. If you know what the problem is can you please enlighten me?

I will say that I don't get the Wheel for free in my games. I think it's a problem with your installation. Try installing from scratch.

Oh, so it's your work, sir :D.

Thank you very much. I enjoyed RoM for a long time, now it's time to try your modmod!

P.S. I've done your request, if you need anything else, ask me.

How did you change the Title?
I tried to change my title but it still says 2.7 in the forum.
Double-click on the thread name in the forum.

How did you change the Title?
I tried to change my title but it still says 2.7 in the forum.

I PM'd a moderator and asked them to do it.

There is something definitely wrong with ROME. I was playing and all of a sudden CTD(early in game right around 3300). I took it out of the next game, NO problems. So when it crashes like that, it usually means that an ArtDefines is wrong. Do you want to track it down, or do you want me to?

There is something definitely wrong with ROME. I was playing and all of a sudden CTD(early in game right around 3300). I took it out of the next game, NO problems. So when it crashes like that, it usually means that an ArtDefines is wrong. Do you want to track it down, or do you want me to?

OK, well I thought that I'd checked everything - it does load for me. Can anyone else replicate this.

Strategyonly, it is possible that I uploaded a slightly older build. Can you take a screenshot of the the following directories:

ROME/Unit Art Styles/Greeks/
ROME/WWI/

Additionally, you could try using the MLF control file within the ROME directory to disable each part of ROME and try launching the game, one at a time. That would help to isolate the cause of the crash.

EDIT: as you can see from my screenshots, I've been able to place every single new unit in-game using the world builder, and this morning I did it all again, so I don't think that ROME has any faulty art defines. Additionally, if the game doesn't find a .nif file at the specified path, the game does not crash - instead it displays that infamous red blob.

Hats off to you for adding the LH of Sejong Daewang (Great King)!

Far be it from me to ask, but would the Korean unit packs be considered for inclusion?

Top Bottom