ROME 3.1.0 for ROM 2.9

EDIT: as you can see from my screenshots, I've been able to place every single new unit in-game using the world builder, and this morning I did it all again, so I don't think that ROME has any faulty art defines. Additionally, if the game doesn't find a .nif file at the specified path, the game does not crash - instead it displays that infamous red blob.

That is sometimes true, but putting a unit in game does not always mean it works, i had the same problem with the mod Dragonia II, all units in the WB worked, but ingame playing was a different story, ONE unit caused it to CTD, never could really find that ONE unit:confused:

With this mod, several leaders (Cetswhayo something, Bismarck, Sejong, Leonidas) had multiple traits, 4. How do you fix that?

With this mod, several leaders (Cetswhayo something, Bismarck, Sejong, Leonidas) had multiple traits, 4. How do you fix that?

Ah, that's that crazy WOC leading method again. Thanks for the heads up. Patch is in the first post.

Ah, that's that crazy WOC leading method again. Thanks for the heads up. Patch is in the first post.

You can make two separate versions of ROME, one for just RoM 2.9 and another for AND.

Why?

Well, Afforess made a new xml tag that force overwrites Arrays in the original RoM XML structure, I believe. That should eliminate that WoC problem. That is only good with AND dll.

The RoM only version unfortunately will have to have either overwriting of the original RoM files or tolerate that "bug".

You can make two separate versions of ROME, one for just RoM 2.9 and another for AND.

Why?

Well, Afforess made a new xml tag that force overwrites Arrays in the original RoM XML structure, I believe. That should eliminate that WoC problem. That is only good with AND dll.

The RoM only version unfortunately will have to have either overwriting of the original RoM files or tolerate that "bug".

I was already aware of that - Afforess had notified me by PM

AND has already a beta for the 2.9

So? I don't understand your point :). I'm personally alpha testing 1.70 Dev. I was pointing out a specific code that can help Zulu#### out with WoC problem :).

By far RoM is the BEST mod out there. :D

I am running RoM 2.9 and Civ4BTS 3.19. I dl'ed ROME 3.1.0 today to install and play, but I can't get it to work right. I am assuming its a leaderhead thing, but when I followed the instructions to install, I'm still not seeing any success. I tried the XML edit of files...
The problem I have is that when I start the diplo screen with any nation, there is no text visable in the text box, So I can't talk to any other nation while playing.
The other error I also get is somehting like this --> 'error tech aquired event handler'. I get that in the event text while playing whenever I research or get new techs.
I'd really like to play ROME,
Any advice?

jpsdrum, I'll look into that. I will say, however, that "event handler" sounds like a python thing, and my mod contains no python code.

I cannot get the ROME 3.1 to even open from the download. what do I need to open it? Thanks

Then try a re-download.

Downloaded three times and I get a corrupted file error.

Well, I know that other people have downloaded and opened it fine, so I think that it's a problem at your end. I'll try re-packing it as a zip file and you can see if that works for you. The download will be quite a bit larger, though.

Zulu, I moved your ROME entry in the MLF file to the end, so A New Dawn users will not need to edit it.

Also, feel free to add bForceOverwrite tags to your units when needed. They won't cause errors with RoM w/o AND, they just will have no effect. Should make your mod better for most users, anyway. ;)
(You will need to update your schema's; if you need help, PM me).

OK, here is the link for re-packed ROME, for those having trouble:

http://www.filefront.com/15949203/ROME_3.1.0a_patched_repacked.zip

@Afforess: yeah, I'm thinking about having the next version take advantage of AND's new tags. It's good to know that non-AND players would still be able to play an AND-enabled ROME, cheers for that info.

I hope this one works, all the rest (no offense) i have NOT been able to get to work:confused:

That's rather a vague statement. Can you clarify? For example, what are "the rest'? The rest of what? What does not work? Etc.

Top Bottom