1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ROME 3.1.0 for ROM 2.9

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by zulu9812, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Maybe he means spaces in the names of folders or file names. BULL, which is used in displaying hover over can't handle spaces in file or folder names.

2. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

3. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

BULL is included in RevDCM 2.6 which is in RoM 2.8 so yes, RoM does have BULL.

4. os79

os79 Deity

Dancing Hoskuld is right. RoM use BULL because RevDCM is the spine of this mod.

Plus, another possible problem was that I removed your ethnic or unique artstyles (forgot the name of them) from my pack. Would that mess up WWI units?

Plus, I think you may want to advertise WWI units as Snail speed recommended units but that is my my opinion. Otherwise, I LOVE your Colonial units pack! :D

5. Xoatl_169

Xoatl_169 Warlord

If i download this modmod do i have to start a new game?

6. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Yes. Anything that adds or removes content generally breaks older saves.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Not in my book. It's just another appendage. And a Not used often one at that.

:D

JosEPh ;)

8. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

:shakes head:

Are you kidding me? Are you kidding!? At this point Joseph, I am beginning to think that RoM is not the mod you are looking for. There are more conservative mods out there, I would try one of those.

9. Xoatl_169

Xoatl_169 Warlord

Awwwww, i just started a new save awhile ago. *sigh* gotta wait alittle longer.

10. Xoatl_169

Xoatl_169 Warlord

I have a suggestion, why not make the warriors peasants and have them have different ethnic looks? just a thought

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OK i get these TXT errors?

12. zulu9812

Yeah, I hadn't put them in yet. They'll be in the next version - thanks for reminding me.

13. radiobeaver

radiobeaver Chieftain

Also I recognized that the Roman Bazooka is a red blob when installed to rom 2.81 and every AND version. Maybe you can take a look at that...?

Love the mod, no game without it. Do you plan to expand it a bit and make the trench units i.e. more unique?

kind regards

14. zulu9812

Good spot, it was a typo in the xml, a product of copy & paste. Thanks for pointing it out.

As far as making the trench units more unique, could you clarify what you mean by that. Do you mean in terms of stats, or in terms of unique flavour graphics?

15. radiobeaver

radiobeaver Chieftain

thanks for fixing it! I meant more flavour units of course :) I really enjoy the WW I period now.

16. strategyonly

One thing i have noticed also, is that the str is alittle low for all the units, ie, your Cav has a str just 1 str above the normal cav.

17. zulu9812

That is deliberate. The WWI cavalry aren't supposed to be the game winners that the Dragoon can be. The WWI cavalry's stats reflect the decline of horse-based warfare, whilst providing graphics comparable to other units of that age. I really think that upping the WWI Cavalry's stats would seriously unbalance the game. But I always welcome player feedback, so thanks.

WWI cavalry were really used as scouts, so I could perhaps give them an increase in withdrawal probability - what do you think?

18. strategyonly

Now that's a better idea, in fact look at the third paragraph.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWcavalry.htm

19. snapjaw

snapjaw Chieftain

Hey Zulu9812, I have a few requests in the next versions of this mod. I really like what you have done with RoM, but I still wish that the leaders had more trait diversity. I do think that most of the traits are to historically reflect the leader, but for game play sake, it is nice to have more options. For example, Humanitarian is only matched to two other different traits, while Aggressive is linked to so many leaders. I think there should be a few Spiritual and Philisophical traits together, as well as Humanitarian with Organized or Agricultural, amongst others. Just some thoughts...

20. zulu9812