Rome in the 1800s!

Al Zan

King
hello!
i am planing to make a scenaicowith Rome as power during the 1800s!

i'll useing a world map!

Rome will be a power not a super power.................this means Rome will not rule North Africa ,Trukey and the Middle East(i will go into detail later.........)
but the Roman will rule France ,Italy,Spain and Portugal.

i'll will need help on this scenaico! so it won't turn into ruin project like my last one!

btw this a what if type scenacio
like what if the East Roman Empire Fall and the Westren Roman Empire manger to live!

Originally posted by Al Zan
\
Rome will be a power not a super power.................this means Rome will not rule North Africa ,Trukey and the Middle East(i will go into detail later.........)
but the Roman will rule France ,Italy,Spain and Portugal.
1st Rome is basically present day Italy, sort of. 2nd what do you need help with?

you might want to use Rome as "The Kingdom of Naples" (if it had mangaged to survive The Napolenaic Wars

first off let me say, that if you think that modern italy is ROme, is a moder rperesentative of Ronme, or even directlly anaogous to Rome in the modern your greatlly mistaken, sure they share some culture- but then fact is, so dose every other western nation, some of them sharing even more with the old Roman empire thebn italy dose today, that said, no state can claim to be a modern expression of Rome, unless for what ever reason a gigantic cultural unheaval leaves the majority of its citizens as practicing Roman polytheists (which iwould be cool from point of veiw :D), in fact, looking on it all, modern italy shares few connection with ancient Rome besides inhabiting the same space that comprised the ancient Roman hinterlands, as obviouslly culture, politics, and the driving force behing them, and the very nation itself are drastically different from what ancient Rome, i could go on, but at tghe moment, I'm, sick, and tired, and have alot of other posts to get to conciderign I've been banned over a week, ad wish to get out my long over due rounds of responses

now then, that said, to I'm skeptical of this arrangment is an understatmentm first off, no scenario can be so simple as "well, i just want real life history but with Rome survivng in it'- no, it not that simple, you cant just stick a Roman state of varying sive into a scenario and call it correct, it just dosent work that way- for instance, in my opnion, the notion that Rome would allow carthage to fall is absurd- the only reason the western empire couldnt retake it is that fact they were dirt poor, and couldnt afford the forces to go out and re-take it, as there were just to many land threats to do it, though the eastern Roman, soon to be byzantine empire would soon reclaim carthage in the name Rome, showing how even to a land whose need of carthage as a strategic point was wanted- mind you that Carthage is very much the naval gateway into italy, and therefore a top prioity for a Roman commander with significant forces to hold- fact is, when Carthage was taken, it wasnt even taken in battle, but by trechery on the part of the vandals...

that said, the notion that Rome would give just about any of its classical mediterranian sites in my mind is rather doubtful, but then in my opinion, if Rome could have been re-unified, a capable emperor able to assume the throne, a new age of prosperity could have easilly been introduced on the Roman empire form what was the complete crap of the dark ages...

but on all this I'll explain later, but as a general rule- the capital of Rome, which in this cas is Rome, tend to be at the very center of Roman territory, this was true of ancient rome, and the following Emoire, that of Byzantium for most of its history, somthing to keep in mind when makeing this scenario

Top Bottom