1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ronald Wilson Reagan 3D Animated Leaderhead

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Rita Poon, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Rita Poon

Rita Poon You've just been Reinerd!

Attached Files:

2. Rita Poon

3. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Ronald Reagan, isn't it?
    I love the puritan one.

4. Rita Poon

5. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

You've done really well with this one. I think that you should do all eras, people will be very interested in downloading an era-specific Reagan, particularly one of this high quality.

6. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Sorry, I misread. I thought that it just said 'Ronald Wilson.' I didn't see the Reagan :blush:

Anyways, as soon as the other eras are completed, he is replacing Lincoln.

And then I'm going to invade him. Heh heh heh.

7. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

*Singing* Ohh... put the Flag up to the top! Its been over a month! He was a lousy actor and a worse President! Screwed up our country really really bad! HEY! Screwed up our country, Really Really Bad! But atleast the leader head is really Goooo-ooooooooo-ooooooood!

And If you try to flame me, just remember this: Ronald was insistant on this 'Star Wars' project. He threw Billions at and and All it every Developed was a stupid animation of a blue satelite turning and firing a green line at a red missile. Oh, and I'm probably not going to check this post again so I won't read what ever ;crafty' retort you have to say. (which will be: 'but he Ended the Cold War!' Which he didn't.)

8. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Yes, but the difference is, in civ3, SDI actually works.

9. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, somebody might need this leaderhead if they wanted to do something with the 1980s.

10. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Yeah, it would be good in a cold war conquest.

11. Ankka

Ankka Deity

Or in a Star Wars scenario? ;)

Nice job, though. :goodjob:

12. Anarki

Anarki Prince

I know Ronald Reagan is dead, but his skin is like a Zombie. I think it needs more Pink, less Gray.

13. frenchman

frenchman Present is past of future

:goodjob: :clap: I like this leader !! When do you think all the eras will be finished ? :)

14. Rita Poon

Would be naive of me to assume this one wouldn't arouse some passion. Maybe I should link to another thread for a debate about the legacy of Reagan?

I appreciate all feedback-even yours, Goldflash. :p When I was working on this one, I consulted the leader of the campus Young Republicans & he was so terribly reverent about Reagan that he didn't have the nerve to tell me he looked too young & healthy-both were valid complaints during the progress of this little project. Made leaderhead creation difficult.

Reminds me of how Li Shimin replaced Mao in the Chinese release of the game-so not to portray Mao in such a lighthearted fashion or whatever :rolleyes: Modded Mao out of my game, too-BTW. Not because of reverence.

Again, thanks for the feedback as always :)

15. Rita Poon

Can finish the other eras hopefully by next Thursday. Just notice the PCX advisor is sloppy, especially in the modern & industrial eras. Since I plan on making all 4 eras I'll just re-do the advisor PCX when all eras are done.

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Your what I refer to as a "Drive By Liberal" Goldflash. I like you, but no offense, your Political views suck! :p

17. Straczynski

Straczynski Bolshevik Nerd

For some reason, this Reagan leaderhead kinda reminds me of Leonard Nimoy... ;)

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be of good use in cold war scenarios!

18. W.i.n.t.e.r

W.i.n.t.e.r Frozen!

"That old man in there is a dinosaur" Gorbatchov after first meeting with Reagan :goodjob: Rita Poon :)

19. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Yeah, as a general suggestion to everyone here, I'd like to say that I think we should keep politics OUT of the Creation forums. I personally have had to bite my tongue on occasion about political issues that arise, and if I can do it (believe me) you can do it.

All it does is clutter up the threads with bickering and can turn two people who would work really well together otherwise, into antagonists.

That said: Goldflash, I really don't think your comment was appropriate. Rita Poon's graphic in no way pushes a sort of political agenda that would warrant a reply like you gave. If it'd been a Hitler leaderhead, you'd have recognized it as a historical figure and for some people's scenarios, a very necessary leaderhead. A Hitler leaderhead would not lend one to believe that the creator is a Fascist or that he is trying to push some kind of Nazi propaganda down the throats of the other posters. This is no different. It can be quite useful for anyone making a scenario about the Cold War, or Nicaragua or Afghanistan or the Falklands. Regardless of your political affiliations.

20. Antiochus VII

Antiochus VII Basileus

I think the creativity on the costuming alone warrants making it era-specific. Another nice effort!