RR14 - Wa shaa Allah

We were nowhere close to domination last time I checked.

IMO we need to keep Korea fight going - keeps Sury from building space parts.

We're less than 5% land away, at 46 something with 51 the limit. If sury and khan resettle korea and china we'll get awfully close...

Lurker's comment: Isn't the domination threshold going up the less civilizations there are on the map? If so you could possibly avoid domination by killing more :D

I think it's time you dig up a precise formula, rolo! :p

Anyway, will make a priority of complete kills, starting with Albion.

Ok, a small list of concerns to have:

- take out Khmer of the SS parts techs ... now it would be wise to put him in Industrialism and after that push him to genetics->Future tech ( avoiding fusion , to disallow engines )

- Avoid pressuring Wang too much to disallow siberian settling ( let our vasslas work there ). Direct troops to finish Japan instead and then to the Chinese islands + Pacific NorthWest coast

- Maybe peace out with the Incans ? We have no units in place to attack them anyway

- Finish the smaller Euro civs ... England and the viking are good for that. France is a little more dicey because they have broadway in Orleans. That will give us more of a leeway in terms of % for dom

- In last case give some cities to our vassals. The SouthWest african cities can be given to mansa, for a example

P.S @ Ruff

Unfortunately for you , there are still chinese in Tasmania :p Oh , and a lot of Cambodjans in the rest of Aussieland :D

P.S @ Ruff

Unfortunately for you , there are still chinese in Tasmania :p
Bah - Tassie doesn't matter ... every Aussie knows that.

P.S @ Ruff

Unfortunately for you , there are still chinese in Tasmania :p Oh , and a lot of Cambodjans in the rest of Aussieland :D

Well I have a loaded fleet heading that way. ;)

I played 3 turns, the death of the English didn't change the percentage... Making steady progress, over the next few days I'll play some more turns. For now gotta go to sleep.

I played 3 turns, the death of the English didn't change the percentage... Making steady progress, over the next few days I'll play some more turns. For now gotta go to sleep.
NICE! - didn't think they would go that fast. Starts to make life easier - don't have to worry about southern SA now. Full steam to wipe HRE and merge our forces to Monty. ;)

lurker comment:

Not sure if killing civs helps you - I loaded the original 1000AD scenario and that has a 51% land limit as well. You've already polished off at least Russia and India right?

EDIT: well, I should have read Nocho's post first :)

I guess there's a lower bound limit of 51% and that it will only start rising when there are significantly less AIs left alive.

Just to let you know, the progress made is the following:

* South America is wiped clean apart from the Incans. However we have a fleet moving up the pacific coast which just dropped units on a tile that eyes 2 out of Capac's 3 cities. He shouldn't take too long to go down hopefully.

* Our foothold in Honduras saw a steady stream of incoming units. The HRE city that was the cork on the upside down bottle that is North America just got unscrewed. Instead of anything pouring out of that bottle we're pouring in. :D The next HRE city on the gulf of Mexico will fall next turn.

* We have a navy going up along the Recife area to pick up units that finished off the HRE cities in northern South America to take care of the Carribean and subsequently land in Northern America.

* From our small home continent (Eurasiafrica :D) we keep reinforcements flying in to Honduras. I'm thinking to maybe keep 1 city somewhere in Central North America to speed up the transformation of Satan's continent into a complete wasteland. :ar15::satan: We can use it to fly in units and to have a bomber base.

* In the Australasian theatre we rid Tasmania, southern New Zealand and Indonesia from Chinese presence. That task force will take care of the Chinese and Japanese posessions on the rugby playing islands of Polynesia.

* Our paratroopers in mainland Japan razed a city and are ready to raze the penultimate one next turn. Good job by the way on getting that number of paratroopers there. We kind of miss a navy in that area. The Australasian navy might help out here and drop some stuff in North America afterwards.

* We razed a Korean city and Genghis took another one.

I think we should be able to win this in about 10 turns by killing everybody left alive. Problem is that each turn takes at least 45 minutes, even ignoring workers and spies...

The domination percentage crept up to 47 point something courtesy of our vassals with the limit still at 51. Removing enemy cities frees up territory culturally of course. I guess we can keep it under control but a close eye should be kept. I haven't yet given away any cities to any of our vassals.

Monty is likely to receive some bad news soon.

lurker:

I remember reading in SGOTM 14 OSS thread (or was it PD?) that land is fixed based on number of AI's at start, population changes and is easily biggest AI+25%.

should be easy to check.

* Our paratroopers in mainland Japan razed a city and are ready to raze the penultimate one next turn. Good job by the way on getting that number of paratroopers there. We kind of miss a navy in that area. The Australasian navy might help out here and drop some stuff in North America afterwards.
Glad they helped you to. It took a bit to collect them, but when I realized how close Seoul was to Japan it solved the problem how to invade them. ;)
Our navy is busy enough with Pacific island hoping.

As for the domination challenge - I will gladly give our vassals cities. I think we have a few we can gift them such as the former English one in southern Africa.

Played until 1955. A look at the statistics in the right bottom corner tells it all.

Killed the English, the Vikings, the Incans, the French and the Japanese. HRE down to 1 city, Korea to 2. China lost a lot, Monty also a couple of cities. In a twist of fate China actually vassaled to Monty. Well, actually their fate remains the same. :D

Mali got FR some turns ago, convert him back, kill the rest et c'est ça. Take this one home, rolo!

Oh, we're still well within domination limits, though the 51% seems fixed. Razed everything but 1 city in central north america and accidentally kept one of the incans, just to increase domination stress a bit. :p

Attachments

• RR14 - Wa shaa Allah AD-1955.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
NICE - I felt I passed a set up to move on multiple fronts, and it looks like it worked quit well.

I do laugh China is now Monty's vassal. :lol::lol::lol:

Ok, got it ... better play this up to the end, right ? It will surely take more than 10 turns, though ...
No question it still needs more then 10 turns. Getting and landing in Alaska is time consuming with all those mountains.
Plus probably a few turns to break Monty's back, before that slaughter begins.

Still the fronts are getting easier - pretty much left with North America to deal with.

don't forget to convert people to Islam (either before or after you kill them)

Ok, got it ... better play this up to the end, right ? It will surely take more than 10 turns, though ...
I'd be rather disappointed in your warring skills if you can't win this in 10 turns... Even I think I could with my mediocre warring abilities. :p

Note there's added air support from the sea both from that bay in northern canada as next to northern florida. With that Tlaxcala should fall next turn and then the rest is a cakewalk. You can fly in all modern armor into Honduras each turn (that's at least 10-15 fresh units per turn). For the Chinese cities that can't be reached over land the naval units along the pacific coast from Machu Pichu up should help out.

Don't think it's necessary but you might build a city as a Panama canal on the corn or stone outside of Honduras to ship eastern navy west.

Top Bottom