RR17 -Team B

Not sure about the builds here and the wealth building. We don't really need any more techs, but we have plenty of gold. I can get Railroad in 1 turn. Too many ships.

My plan is simple. Finish Railroad. Put all cities back on the unit building they should have been doing in the first place. Kill people.

Looks like Cathy will settle to the south of Wash somewhere. It will add a bit to our land, although I would have preferred doing so myself.

I think we will need to take quite af few cities, so I'm not sold on capping anyone until we get closer to the end. Just kill kill kill. (unless some is really on top of the math here...I'd hate to come up short, but we can always send some settlers out to the islands)

Builds: Infantry and Cannons.

With railroad in I will put 2 workers on a rail line to speed troops to the front, although it was really not needed.

I'd still spend cash upgrading frontline rifle/gren to infantry but then unit building sounds fine to me.

I'd still spend cash upgrading frontline rifle/gren to infantry but then unit building sounds fine to me.

I plan on doing both. We have plenty of cashola. After Railroad on turn 1, I'm turning the slider off anyway. No more techs other than trading for BIO with Cathy.

I'm surprised how small our army is at the front.

Its been big enough so far ;).

It may be worth spending a couple of turns organising units into proper stacks as they've got a bit scattered. We also have a GG in search of a medic unit.

Not sure what kind of opposition we're facing right now, but just spamming cavs for speed may be an option too. If we declare as soon as reasonable on the remaining AIs maybe we can win by conquest instead of dom...

Not sure what kind of opposition we're facing right now, but just spamming cavs for speed may be an option too. If we declare as soon as reasonable on the remaining AIs maybe we can win by conquest instead of dom...

We'll that was my thinking from the start, especially with the AIs all cozy on one landmass, but I expected to be building units constantly. The point I wasn't clear on, astre, is that I would be fighting wars on multiple fronts at this point. We've wasted a lot of hammers on nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to come off as overly negative. We've done some good things as a team here, but when you go conquest you focus on conquest. Get your stuff online and then go stomp.

May be best to just cap Asoka now and move on to the next one...chain cap the rest....win.

I completely agree to build more units and to continue building more during war.

That's the thing i learnd from those previous succession games, i used to not build enought troops. I'm improving on this point :)

my previous post was the only real question we have to answer now: do we accept cap from asoka (and try to cap the 2 last guy) or do we go for domination (aka find 9 more cities if my calculations are not that wrong)?

I'm of the opinion that the conquest plan is easier and faster.

Conquest is likely to be faster than dom so cap Asoka and move on. Its also true that 3-4 stacks will be faster than 2 stacks. Based on what we've seen so far the stacks don't need to be that big (10-12 cav or 8-10 inf/cannon) so we probably have enough units in situ for a cavalry stack + 2 inf/cannon stacks + cavalry garrisons.

Also, with the chain cap option, we can liberate back some Persia cities so we don't have to defend them or eat the maintenance, not that that really matters much anymore.

10 turns....GAME OVER

I'll write up a bit more in a bit and I took some pics. Basically, capped Asoka on first turn, pretty much pressed forward immediately, drafted some out of captured cities, Lincoln capped after just Mutal (not surprising), took 2 small cities from Roos and then he capped before I even got to his capital. Only thing that slowed things down was movement.

Edit - and now more info:

Turn 0 I adjust some cities to get Railroad in 1 turn. Stopped a bunch of workers and put them on rail duty following turn.

Also on Turn 0:

Asoka was very happy to oblige us:

Spoiler :

I gifted him Tarsus as seen below and a couple of other border cities in revolt. He gets immediate MP and; thus, we can move troops forward:

Spoiler :

Next turn I trade AL for BIO with Cathy:

Spoiler :

Also trade AL to Asoka to get him to stop trading with our soon to be war rivals, plus it gives our allies better units -for what that's worth:

Spoiler :

Mutal falls a couple of turns later...very easily:

Spoiler :

I would gift it back to Linc later, but not before using it to upgrade some units on the front line

I lower defenses with whatever cannon we had - not all the way. Threw whatever airships we had at it. Actually lost a highly promoted Infantry on the first hit at over 95% odds, then hit with all the Cavs we had at no losses. Most of the Cavs were injured, but at this point I had reinforcements arriving via railroad - Cavs and drafted Infantry. Our core cities were building Cavs in 1 turn. So I was ready to move forward the next turn. The hurt Cavs stayed back a turn or 2 with the medic but would push forward and catch up.

Oh...this is Linc bowing before the mighty American warlord - Shaka!:

Spoiler :

Let's get Linc up to speed a bit, while making sure he doesn't slip any thing nasty over to the Babylonians:

Spoiler :

And get a couple of health resources we don't yet have...always good to be healthy even with the game soon to be over:

Spoiler :

I press forward immediately, now having tons of troops, and take Borsippa from the Babs. I raze it out of habit as it is crap:

Spoiler :

I then fork the troops, moving the Cav to the coastal city as they could hit it in 1turn and possibly cap Roos then, as our Power ratio is immense, while moving the slow guys toward his capital.

The coastal city fall next turn. It was guarded by only Cavs and cannons, so it fell easy. Roos has had enough of our juggernaut and is willing to accept peace terms, which obviously means his complete submission to the Great American Zulu Nation:

Spoiler :

Oh...and he throws in Combustion too...gotta love cake!

Glorious Victory is Ours!!!

Spoiler :

And the final screenies chock full of info:

Demo

Spoiler :

Score - Not quite as satisfying on IND starts:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• RR17B Rage against the machines AD-1918FINAL.CivBeyondSwordSave
    239.7 KB · Views: 105
What a fitting date to end the war.

It was a fun game (despite only one turnset I had to play :lol:).

Yeah...only 87-88 turns. It was a very easy game.

congratulations guys...I think you got it... considering Team A wants to utilize cottages.

:lol: I just saw that. Interestingly they settled their first 3 cities same as us.

and we were not allowed to attack before turn 50...
in 37 turns, we rules the world ^^

now, I'll go look the other team thread :)

Looking at Team A they seem very civilised: cottages and GP farm. I guess we're just a bunch of murderous savages :lol:.

I was lurking both these threads, same as the last one really. And the very same pattern emerges out of this one; early and narrow focus on how to win seems to be the way to go.

Nice work guys :)

ha...only now I got what strijder pointed out... you finished 1918!! ding ding :)

anyway... Team A is 1912 now with 27% land... My pure guess is...they don't beat you in 6 turns...

Top Bottom