1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rulers of Russia Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by NeverMind, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Samuelson

Samuelson Prince

Trotsky, like Lenin and all of the original Bolsheviks was trying to continue the international world revolution of the workers started by Russia. They were fighting these idea of "motherland" and "patriot" that are put forth by the Capitalists who profit from war and will do anything they can to get people to join the army. I do not understand what you mean by "Democracy" except a Democracy in which hundreds of political opponents are executed and millions are slaughtered in purges. Stalin killed so many of the original Bolsheviks. Stalin also turned his own position into a dictatoral one with absolute power.

2. Tekee

Tekee Bahama Mama

Looks great!!!!
    But one question do the leaders have different personalities?
    (Would be great if their personalities were themed with their Actual Achievements and personalities :D )

3. NeverMind

NeverMind Proud to be Russian

Yes, each of them has his/her own personality (as far as it possible to make different personalities in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml).

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Put you on the Warlords MOD list, thx for contributing!!

5. NeverMind

Updated for CIV 1.74 and Warlords 2.13. Nothing new, just dll compatibility (thanks to Blacksun). Mod patches available through download links.

6. icemanjsg

icemanjsg Warlord

Is this mod being updated for BtS sorry to the replier/creator if this has been mentioned already! I am not willing to read through pages and pages of historical debating and trolling!

7. it-ogo

it-ogo Hedgehog

Does anybody know who is the military guy between Kerenskij and Lenin in the first post big picture?

8. NeverMind

Yes, i'm going to update this mod...soon :)

Admiral Aleksandr Kolchak, one of the leaders of the White Movement in the Russian Civil War.

9. it-ogo

it-ogo Hedgehog

Huh. He was a ruler of Syberia for some time as I remember, but not more. As I understand, other pictures represent those who ruled the core of Russian state even if only formally or for a very short while. Why is Kolchak better then (let us say) Denikin? Or even Makhno? :lol:

10. it-ogo

it-ogo Hedgehog

If we put formality over a real power we can add Molotov as he was a head of the soviet government. Stalin had no formal power until 1941. If we put real power over formality then picture should be changed in many points.

11. NeverMind

Well, there are 55 Russian leaders in this mod and I'm quite satisfied with my choice. But I have neither time, nor interest in discussing, if "Kolchak better then (let us say) Denikin", sorry.

If you want other leaders, just make them and be happy.

12. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

Waiting for the BTS compatibility :)

ps. great work. Íó òî åñòü ìîëîäåö!

13. foszter

foszter Chieftain

Back to songs for just a moment - Lyuba has a рок версия of the Soviet-cum-Russian national anthem you could put up for Putin. The contrast between the other, classic sounding, songs would be jarring but entertaining.

The 1953-56 period could be represented by the Khruschev-Molotov-Mikoyan троика, if you want to fill in these "connector" periods, but NeverMind seems to have made up his mind on that issue.

14. Californio

Californio Beast

Nevermind, you seem to be very knowledgable about Russia. I'm making a mod for Civ Colonization, and in it Alaska will be a colony of Russia. Do you know of any leaderheads for Russia around the year 1763? And do you know of any good links or information about Colonial Alaska?

--Thanks, Californio

15. ctrlkhan

ctrlkhan Chieftain

Anything new about updating it for BtS ?

16. mamba

mamba Deity

Lol, that post you quoted is two years old. What do you think, is the update 'real soon now' ? ;)

17. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hehe :)

18. NeverMind

I dont think so. Maybe for Civ5, who knows... :)

Actually I've almost completed bts version of the mod almost 3 years ago, but then I wanted to add some more stuff, and more stuff... )

19. VladimirRatedR

VladimirRatedR Chieftain

He said, "...lead to victory..."
    And U.S.S.R.* was a major part of the allies.

20. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

You bumped a thread that hasn't been posted on in -two years-, for a mod that hasn't been updated in -five years-, by someone that hasn't been on the forums in over -two years-, just to say that?