1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Same Tile, Different Price?!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Beschinel, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Beschinel

Beschinel Chieftain

Hi all,

just experienced the following: I wanted to buy a tile which was within reach from two neighboring cities. Price tag when buying from City A was 225 Gold...and from City B 500 Gold.

I have not found out if this is a general thing, but in this particular case I checked twice.

So, when intending to buy property, shop around! You might get a bargain! :p

Cheers,

Beschinel

2. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

I think tile cost depends on the distance from the city and the number of tiles it already has.

3. Monsterzuma

Monsterzuma the sly one

One thing I've noticed is that the tiles that are first up for culture unlocking are always (/often?) the cheapest. Other than that the mechanism for establishing the price has so far eluded me.

4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

5. DalekDavros

DalekDavros Chieftain

What Ahriman said. Plus, the type of tile also matters. For example, if a plain and a forest hill are the same distance away from the city, the forest hill will cost more to purchase because it's more difficult terrain.

6. Biz_

Biz_ Chieftain

sometimes buying tile A and B in that order is chepaer than just buying B...