Marin County-
San Francisco City & County- Peacekeeper
San Mateo County-
Santa Clara County-
Alameda County- Freighter unit
Contra Costa County-
Solano County- Humvee

So we still need 4 more units.

Remember, Moffet Field is in Santa Clara, with its aircraft hanger and everything. Also Stanford. these could be wonders or the basis for some kind of UU, maybe a jet or dirgible

Actually I live in Marin.

Just to update: obviously it wasn't posted on Friday, I don't think I can get it posted until Sunday.

Goldenflame, for some reason I didn't see your post before I posted...

Yeah, Santa Clara County could have some sort of plane as a unique unit... I'm going to look through the custom unit forum...

I want to see the map.. I'm too busy with the Austria, Cherokee, Wonders, Traits, and More Mod (ACWTM) to really play a scenario. Either a mini-map screenshot or attaching the scenario .biq so I can check it out. :)

I live in Sonoma county ;) if the map doesn't fit us, well, it's obviously not big enough! ;D

you'd probably have a hard time fitting sonoma county anyway; it's *huge*.

although the idea of conquering Napa county sounds sort of amusing.

maybe I should look into that.

Any possibility of posting an image here?

I am from Marin too, as are a number of Civ players I know... we've been dying for this scenario for a long time but were always too lazy to make it ourselves.

Anyhow, keep up the good work. :goodjob:

The enslavement idea for bridges is dumb. Once you capture a unit, it moves behind the captor. The "bridge" would move everytime it was enslaved. Not an option.

AI is too stupid to use bridges. Might be most fair to just assume the bridges were destroyed. Maybe make occassional, discontinuous stretches of destroyed land representing where the bridges once were.

Just curious, what is the cause of this war? Who or what started it?

Heh well I was watching this one show and it was about the SFO Bay Area, and LA succeeding from California because of their highly liberal/democratic politics which differate from all the conservative/republican christian fanatics in the Central Valley (great my Uncle and Aunt have to move from Oklahoma City to San Ramon.. awesome!, but then from San Ramon to Visalia.. not so awesome!).

If the Bay Area were to succeed the state of California they would be pretty tight and would hold together, definantly not seperate at all. So this scenario is kind of.. whacky in how the countries.. which are so close.. are fighting. I want to see ooga's explanation. :crazyeye:

Interesting idea, but the idea of combat and such is kinda wierd unless you use a gangland scenario...

While Oakland and San Francisco are main powers.

If you are interested, tell me. I've have quite extensive knowledge on this subject in those two cities.

Originally posted by ahsingjai
Interesting idea, but the idea of combat and such is kinda wierd unless you use a gangland scenario...

"Uh-oh! beware the gangs of Marin county!"

"We've heard word of another gang uprising near Atherton!"

:rolleyes:

Even if the entire Bay Area were as gang infested as LA in the 80s, wouldn't make much sense to see them using modern armour.

Unless you're talking about the "Barbary Coast" era of SF. That actually sounds really cool. But I always assumed this scenario was set in the modern era.

Sorry for the delay, I've been really busy in the last week and I haven't had much time to work on this. And right now I've misplaced my Civ III CD and my Conquests CD so I can't play it or test it until I find them.

I can make the original version available for download though. It hasn't been changed, there aren't any bridges or UU's, and the Contra Costa County capital is still in Richmond. It's not really entirely finished yet, but it's better than nothing. I'll definitely have a newer version up soon...

I don't know. I think I have the latest version (1.12), but I know I don't have the new update that Thunderfall posted on the main page recently.

I have 1.13 BETA. Your scenario however was in .bic format which is for [civ3]. It was also requesting the use of the [ptw] editor rather than the [civ3] editor. I tried opening it in all 3 and it came up erreneous.

Did you ever finish this?

Sorry to dig up oldish threads, but I would like to see the finished product here.

Top Bottom