• Good

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Steph, make a few MUnit previews and each time you do, turn the "frame" number a bunch of times to see the animation. Around the fifth time you make a MUnit and do that, the thing will disapear. Also, Steph, could you put in an animation iewer in here so we do'nt need to turn the frame-by-frame thing?

I get the same problem ever so often of if I play the animation to much or to fast

Can you allow increasing the size? Or am I missing something? It appears that we can only shrink the images. I ask because I would like to increase the size of the Knight and the Horseman.

Probably someone who couldn't bother to read directions! ;)

Either that or the mac guy, if you didn't make a mac version. He seems a bit fanatical about people not making their tools for macs.

Originally posted by dog

Does this mean that Win98 users don't get the enlarge unit feature?? :confused: :( :cry:

They can try the WinNT/XP version, it works on some system. For the other, they will have to wait, I cannot make a Win98 version at home

OK. I think I got this thing working now. Just for curiosity, on the background tab to change the color of the field behind the units, how do you make it so that the background is plains, grassland, tundra, etc? All I get is a solid background (usually grey:vomit: ) Do you have to load the background in from the main program or somethin'. Excelleny program. I just hope that some day, I can have half the tallent that you guys have.

I'm disappointed, not with the program, but with my own lack of using the program, I tried to make a multi Settler, I figured out how to put in more than one unit and seeing all of them (increasing the frame size)
I eventually ended up with the new settRun.FLC (overwriting the original without backup :o :o :o ) then I tried it in game and it seems there's something wrong with the palette.
This leaves me with two options: completely reinstalling Civ III and all the graphical mods I downed. Or someone could upload it here, I know there's probably a copyright issue, but it's only the settRun animation I need, not the complete list of FLC's for the Settler.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Fr8monkey
Just for curiosity, on the background tab to change the color of the field behind the units, how do you make it so that the background is plains, grassland, tundra, etc?
You just have to select the the name of the tile set you want using the dropdown list. The first item is <color>, and when it is selected you can change the color (if you don't like the grey).
If you select another item than <color>, then the color button has no real effect

I should have mentioned this earlier; but I click the <color> tab and there is no other options. Just an option to change the background color to another color.

Ok. I poured over this thread. I weeded my way through the disjointed manual, and I absolutely could not understand what I was doing wrong. I wanted to wait until I finally figured it out because I didn't want to look like an idiot. All I wanted to do was resize a few units.

Well, come to find out: my only problem was a little box that says "Nb frames". All I had to do was change that to the actual number of frames per direction of the storyboard. Voi la! Now, I could actually see the unit in the preview and manipulate it.

It should probably be in the manual somewhere. ;)

EDIT: ok OK! :mad: Now, another problem. Why did SBB eliminate the grid for the storyboard when it exported the resized unit as a bmp? Am I supposed to go back and re-apply a grid? If so, how would I get that right?

Am I stupid? Am I missing something fundamental here? Did I miss a whole section of the manual?

I'm sorry. I'm just not getting it.

Thanks,

Colonel

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
[B
Well, come to find out: my only problem was a little box that says "Nb frames". All I had to do was change that to the actual number of frames per direction of the storyboard. Voi la! Now, I could actually see the unit in the preview and manipulate it.

It should probably be in the manual somewhere. ;)
[/B]
Open the manual, click on "The Multi figures unit storyboard Builder", then "The different parts of the window ", int this page you will find "The number of frames must be specified by the user". It's easy tos pot : it's written in red.

EDIT: ok OK! :mad: Now, another problem. Why did SBB eliminate the grid for the storyboard when it exported the resized unit as a bmp? Am I supposed to go back and re-apply a grid? If so, how would I get that right?

Thanks,

Colonel [/B][/QUOTE]

The grid did not seem fundamental, as it is not used by Flicster to generate the animation. So when creating a new storyboard, I've made a big picture with a Magenta background. The, when copying the different figures in a munit, SBB ignores the grid (it copies everything else). That's why the grid disappear.

Originally posted by Steph

Open the manual, click on "The Multi figures unit storyboard Builder", then "The different parts of the window ", int this page you will find "The number of frames must be specified by the user". It's easy tos pot : it's written in red.

Hmmm . . . all I can say is that it is difficult to use the manual. Most all the pages are separate Html's of which it's difficult to ascertain (at first glance) which ones to use. All of the information seems relatively cursory and disjointed. I got lost in the manual folder containing all the pages. I read all of the pages, but there didn't seem to be concise follow the steps instructions.

I'm very sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not exactly an un-intelligent person. I read and RE-READ all of those pages, and it just didn't seem to follow succinctly. My post was made in frustration, so I'm sorry to offend.

The grid did not seem fundamental, as it is not used by Flicster to generate the animation.
I suspected this to be true, so I proceeded to load a 256 color palette and save the storboard as a PCX --which worked great. Then I attempted to view the unit in FLICster: it crashed. It said something about invalid storyboard or some such thing. That's why I thought I needed the grid lines.

Oh well, back to the drawing board . . . .

Thanks for your response. I'll try to make more sense out of it.

I'm very sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not exactly an un-intelligent person. I read and RE-READ all of those pages, and it just didn't seem to follow succinctly. My post was made in frustration, so I'm sorry to offend.
No pb. I've planned to let other people do the tutorial (like Kryten). Simply, it's not integrated into the manual. Not enough time.

I suspected this to be true, so I proceeded to load a 256 color palette and save the storboard as a PCX --which worked great. Then I attempted to view the unit in FLICster: it crashed. It said something about invalid storyboard or some such thing. That's why I thought I needed the grid lines.

Hmm... This could come frome the size of the storyboard not being what it should? I think the number of frames and frame size are stored in the FXM. So if you resized the storyboard, but use the original FXM it will not match. You have to create a blank storyboard with FLICSTER, with the correct nb of frames and sizeframe, to get the correct FXM. Then, replace the pcx by the one generated by SBB.

Top Bottom