Scandinavian wonders

Nordic Museum is another one of those buildings people get the wrong idea about. It's not as one might suggest the Nordic equivalent of Rijksmuseum or British Musuem, but merely a cultural history museum that isn't really that impressive on an international scale, either.

Personally, I'd actually go for Skogskyrkogården, since it has actual influence on architecture worldwide. See the description UNESCO gives the site

Someone else mentioned Globe Arena, which I find to be a good candidate as well, due to its very unique shape, which is really important when it comes to rating aesthetic monumentalilty. Fun fact, the Globe Arena was mainly built to host hockey matches. You know? The thing Not Sweden is supposedly unique about?

EDIT: Oh, and the Vasa Museum is a great pick as well; if I remember correctly, its main attraction, the Vasa shipwreck, is largest object in the world being preserved in the manner which it is

Doh, I feel stupid for not thinking of Skogskyrkogården. It's definitely both unique, grand and of cultural significance.

As a Dane, I have to throw in some love for some danish wonders and nominate Kronborg, Rosenborg, Copenhagen Børsen (stock exchange) and Roskilde Domkirke. I also think Møns Klint would make a fine natural wonder, albeit perhaps redundant by the Cliffs of Dover already being in.

As a Dane, I have to throw in some love for some danish wonders and nominate Kronborg, Rosenborg, Copenhagen Børsen (stock exchange) and Roskilde Domkirke.

I don't know, but I think something like Nyhavn or Tivoli might fit the bill more, as they as wonders would have more distinct appearances

Top Bottom