• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Scenario Project: The Persian Empire

Originally posted by Yoda Power
You placed Persepolis wrong, its should be south of Pasargadae:p, also you have to build this city yourself when playing;)

All the maps Ive seen shows Ninive on the eastern side of the river, so I will keep it there. I dont understand why I didn't add Arbela in the first place when I see you map.

Xanthus seems fine, it should be independent greek right?

Thanks for the Iranian cities, and for removing Nad-i Ali, I had my doubts if that city really existed by that time.

BTW didn't you wonder why I have a city called North?

Indeed I wondered, thought it would be for your personal use as a landmark ?

Persepolis, right on both accounts. It is just I usually place my cities by reference to lakes, rivers, etc... and here I add a pb with the North to South city order.
I just displaced Ninive to place Arbela.

Nad-i-Ali sounds more like a name of the muslim era. I just changed its name.

Xanthus ? as usual up to you really.

BTW about cities north of the Bosphorus I think they could be made one civ with Byzance since they had very close ties (trading wheat and colonies).
Cities on the East of the Bosphorus could be independant.

Originally posted by LouLong

Indeed I wondered, thought it would be for your personal use as a landmark ?

Persepolis, right on both accounts. It is just I usually place my cities by reference to lakes, rivers, etc... and here I add a pb with the North to South city order.
I just displaced Ninive to place Arbela.

Nad-i-Ali sounds more like a name of the muslim era. I just changed its name.

Xanthus ? as usual up to you really.

BTW about cities north of the Bosphorus I think they could be made one civ with Byzance since they had very close ties (trading wheat and colonies).
Cities on the East of the Bosphorus could be independant.
I placed North to see the border. I hope to place another city in that area(hint:rolleyes: )

Well Zaranj sounds better. I got the name of a historical atlas, I had my doubts, but I needed cities so it got in.

Byzantium, Cherronsita and Abdera was all part of the Aegean legue, thats why they are assigned to Athens. Appolonia did not take part in the Peleponesian war, and thus its "independent".

When you say east of Bosphoros what are you refering too? The cities around the black sea, or northern Anatolia?

TLC- eh Thamis never posted in this thread. Im Yoda Power...

Its a nice list, but maybe you could show me a map with their exact locations? That would be really helpfull:)

... er, yes. Boy, am I feeling stupid now! My brain must have been rather above its usual level of messed-upness when I wrote that ...

There's a map linked to on that page, but, unfortunately, it does not include to many of the towns from the list. I'll see what I can do finding a better one ... but tomorrow. Merry Christmas and good night for now!

That would be nice, thanks:)

btw this is an obscure time to be posting, for the both of us:ack:

Yoda, i just got prince of persia today and played it for a little while. All of a sudden i'm inspired. Any way that I can help?

TLC-Thanks, though im afraid I cant use them:( The last link you postet has alot of cities, but some of them are modern, and it doesn't state which ones.

aaminion-Hey I always need civiliopedia writers;) And you can test, but its still a future thing. Or just hang around the thread:)

Behold! The tech tree for the first era. Suggestions are welcomed:)

As you can see the arrows arent corrected yet. So the sketch is attached below.

Attachments

• pertechtree.jpg
    pertechtree.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 147
TLC-Thanks, though im afraid I cant use them:( The last link you postet has alot of cities, but some of them are modern, and it doesn't state which ones.

I was thinking you could search for cities that occur both on the map and on the list of ancient towns. I might try it myself, should I feel sufficiently bored ...

I'll try my look again with searching, and also peruse my father's collection of historical atlases, but finding good geographical information on the Achaemenid Empire is hard.

Another trick one could try would be start looking up modern cities in some encyclopaedia; with some luck, you can find out if they were around already in Achaemenid times, and perhaps even the Old Persian, or failing that Classical Greek, name.

aaminion-Hey I always need civiliopedia writers;) And you can test, but its still a future thing. Or just hang around the thread:)

Cool. Just give me the subjects and I'll give you the civilopedia entry.

TLC-Thanks, I'll look in the list. Though I highly doubt there you will be able to find more cities, im beginning to think that there simply wasn't any cities.

aaminion-Well nothing has been written yet, so its pretty much up to you. However as the techs of the first era are already planned you could write some for them(not the ones included in civ ofcause). Theres also the civilizations:)

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if you've decided yet, but if you still don't know about the Jewish soldier:

I say it should be a 5.1.1 (not sure of cost, or techs/resorces required), and uses LouLong's slinger graphics (which is in production, I believe). Upgrades to none. You could rename it "Slinger" of course.

Originally posted by Gogf
I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if you've decided yet, but if you still don't know about the Jewish soldier:

I say it should be a 5.1.1 (not sure of cost, or techs/resorces required), and uses LouLong's slinger graphics (which is in production, I believe). Upgrades to none. You could rename it "Slinger" of course.
I decided to make a Jewish Javelineer. 2.3.1 and defencive bombard. They will be the best defencive unit Persia can get.

Raided my dad's library, and it's hard to avoid the suspicion that makers of historical atlases are actively ignoring Persia. Something's wrong when you get half a dozen maps of Classical Greece (plus of course several more of the Archaic and Hellenistic periods), and only one of the Achaemenid Empire.

In other words, I've not yet found anything more useful on the city locations front.

I did find a map of cities in Seleucid Persia, but beyond a few major centres like Persepolis and Bactra, it only included towns founded and settled by Greeks.

Persistent lack of failure on the map front ...

I did find a notice in a encyclopaedia entry saying that Medes and Persians are first mentioned in the 9th C BC - I believe someone was asking about that?

I noticed, btw, that the map I posted above identifies Maka (Greek 'Mycia') not with Oman but with what's now Iranian Baluchistan. Historians are apparently in no hurry to be agreeing on this point, but my impression is that the Omani localization is the more popular one. The exact location of Sattagydia and of the Dahae also seems to be disputed - at least the later appears to've moved around a bit!

This mod sounds great and I can't wait to play. I have one suggestion: maybe you should change the provinces tech to Bureaucracy. That sounds more like a social advance to me.

Eagerly awaiting,
Gisli

Top Bottom