SCENARIO: The United States Civil War

I just downloaded your Scenario, and when I tried to play as the Confederate South the game crashes on the screen where you can choose which Civ. you will be.

Any fixes or did I do something wrong in the installation?

I got that winzip 8.1 you said I needed to work the Scenario.

I can play as the United States but I was going for the more difficult Civ.:goodjob:

Other than that I like the Scenario!!!!!!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Open the scenario in the Civ3 Editor (1.29f version). Go to the scenario setup and choose player 2 (not the Confederacy) as the active player. Save it. Then open as scenario and Rebs should be able to play! Reverse the process to play the Union. You will need to do this in ALL scenarios that involve multiple choice players. Any that don't are not scenarios, but Mods.

I am a civil war fanatic and i really want to download your scenario, but i cannot find a link to do so. Also, to get a good feel for civil war combat, try playing Sid Meier's Gettysburg! or Antietem!
Cant wait to play your mod!

:ar15:SHOOT THEM YANKIES!!!:die:

Look near the bottom of my first post in the thread, above the pictures where it says "Download the File Here". And make sure you read everything. ;)

Just a bit of FYI on the project, I would like to inform everyone that I did not submit this scenario to Firaxis for PtW. I didn't have time to get it to the level I wanted it to be at to be released on such a massive professional scale, and it was very large and cumbersome to deal with. Sorry everyone... maybe my Napoleon one will be in Civ 3 Gold. ;)

Okay, I think I might soon make a PTW update to this scenario, though I'm mostly working on my new World War II one (my Napoleon one I have no units for and it crashes whenever it pleases, and I can't seem to fix it).

Whenever i try to open it it says Confederate cavalary file missing, or something like that. What should i do?

I cant get this god-damn thing to work...

I have downloaded this scenario with Winzip 8.1. Gone into the editor and set the active player as player 2...I want to play as the CSA, changed player 1 to computer, and player 2 as human in the scenario/player properties, and, it still crashes.

Does it make a difference that the .bic file, and all related files, for this scenario are NOT in the scenario directory when it is unzipped?

Tripp has done nothing to upgrade this scenario since Oct. (sorry to say). Others have been doing his work for him in responding. I tryed to assist in the scenario, but got little reponse myself. Try opening in the editor to up-date the bic file, then set ACTIVE PLAYER to CSA before saving. Then run as a scenario with CSA as the ONLY option for a single player. I did some work on it outside of Tripp's a few months ago (including adding units , Techs and Wonders). Should you like to look at these, contact me via private .

Almost every time I try to play a scenario that I downloaded my game tells me that there is a load error "missing file in Pediaicons"
Does anyone else have that problem?
How can I fix it?

Um make a folder with art and text and then save the bic map. But you know you just bumped a 3-year old thread for that?

Top Bottom