Scions of Patria?

take your time, no need to hurry. I will try to make a better forum in the future so this won't happen again. It also starts to be confusing for me.

take your time, no need to hurry. I will try to make a better forum in the future so this won't happen again. It also starts to be confusing for me.

Ok I was able to revert to Revision 198 here,

See if you can on your end, Im not clear how it affects the master file on the server. If you have administration rights you should be able to remove 199/200 or revert i think??

I should have waited for your clarification and input before I uploaded, that was my bad.

if you use Tortiose SVN, then right click on a file you want to revert, then use Tortiose SVN -> Diff with previous Version. Then a new window should open that shows you all changes. Right click on the revision window, not the working copy window and select "use this whole file". Then save. When you are done with the python file and the files in the scions folder listed in Revision 199, commit to SVN.

if you use Tortiose SVN, then right click on a file you want to revert, then use Tortiose SVN -> Diff with previous Version. Then a new window should open that shows you all changes. Right click on the revision window, not the working copy window and select "use this whole file". Then save. When you are done with the python file and the files in the scions folder listed in Revision 199, commit to SVN.

Ok, didnt quite do it the way you described, but I think I managed to revert the changes made in Revision 199. If you dont mind, check and see how it looks on your end?

SVN shows me Revision 200 as the last.

I have reverted both 199 and 200 from the log. This will not delete the revision, only roll back the changes within the revision.

The files that were effected by my work are as follows:

Spoiler :
SCIONS_CIV4UnitInfos
SCIONS_CIV4SpellInfos
SCIONS_CIV4BuildingInfos
SCIONS_CIV4BuildingClassInfos

Python/Contrib/CvFFHPLUS

Text/Civ4WildManaNewGW

what little I messed with on the original list wasnt a clean effort.... haha

With the FF SVN it was a week or few before I realized you could put in multiple changes at once. IIRC xienwolf though I was trying to follow best-practices and keep a complete log, while Vehem thought I must be insane.

Of course "ignorance" was the real answer. :)

I was wondering: Would it be more convenient for you guys if I posted files, like for the Praetorian and Emperor's Hand/Fist spells in post #91, or put everything up in
Code:
 blocks like post #90?  Both?

To answer gw's questions, for after things get straightened out:

"Block" as in block units from attacking.

The note on changing the iMistDensity from 76 to 64 should really have been addressed to Sephi:  After playing with a calculator some more I figured MistDensity of 76 was too high.  64 is plenty good enough.  

(The spells are rigged so that Fist removes the Hand, btw, the spells aren't cumulative.)

On Balance:  I've had some nice Immortal games.  It's pretty obvious much of that's good to the improved AI, but I think the Scion balance is looking good.  In my current game I think I had some bad luck with Awakened spawns and map position, but I dug in and switched to Aristocracy to improve spawning while my capital churned out military units.  Seems like it was a well-balanced trade off.  (I think the switch would be good if you're doing either rather poorly overall or quite well with the Luxuries, and determining just where you are in that spectrum can be interesting.)  

I also cast The Breach and its benefits struck me as appropriate.  I liked shooting for peace with everyone and open borders with as many as possible, to help get the new units home.

I can honestly say I had an interesting time setting up RifE's SVN... And getting it set up for the testers, as well. :lol:

Finally figured out that you don't HAVE to download an SVN program, as sourceforge allows you to download all the files as a zip... Which is extremely convenient for testers. ;)

With the FF SVN it was a week or few before I realized you could put in multiple changes at once. IIRC xienwolf though I was trying to follow best-practices and keep a complete log, while Vehem thought I must be insane.

Of course "ignorance" was the real answer. :)

I was wondering: Would it be more convenient for you guys if I posted files, like for the Praetorian and Emperor's Hand/Fist spells in post #91, or put everything up in
Code:
 blocks like post #90?  Both?

To answer gw's questions, for after things get straightened out:

"Block" as in block units from attacking.

The note on changing the iMistDensity from 76 to 64 should really have been addressed to Sephi:  After playing with a calculator some more I figured MistDensity of 76 was too high.  64 is plenty good enough.  

(The spells are rigged so that Fist removes the Hand, btw, the spells aren't cumulative.)

QUOTE]

I think it was more a matter of the right hand/left hand not knowing what the other was doing. Once you told me you had posted the files, i had no trouble inserting them or adding them. The problem was Sephi had already done most of the more sensitive work, the text/tag files very rarely cause a problem unless they are not in the schema correctly (which I just learned this week also).

Sephi is reviewing the entire event, and the consequent post's and suggestions and will have a clearer idea of how to proceed shortly, I am sure.

[SPOILER]<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_EMPERORS_HAND_HELP</Tag>
		<English>Blocks 1st to 3rd level unit attacks.</English>[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_EMPERORS_FIST_HELP</Tag>
		<English>Blocks up to sixth level unit attacks.</English>[/SPOILER]

the above spoilers are the help tags, they are very brief. I wasnt sure (previously) if the block was a spell block or a physical one.

I bet I should have said "May block." So this is probably better:

Code:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_EMPERORS_HAND_HELP</Tag>
		<English>May block 1st to 3rd level unit attacks.</English>

Code:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_EMPERORS_FIST_HELP</Tag>
		<English>May block up to fifth level unit attacks.</English>

"Fifth" rather than "sixth" because I think the original Mist Density on the Fist - 76 - is too high. 64 is probably better for the Fist, and 48 for the Hand. (I didn't quite understand the formula.)

I bet I should have said "May block." So this is probably better:

Code:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_EMPERORS_HAND_HELP</Tag>
		<English>May block 1st to 3rd level unit attacks.</English>

Code:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_EMPERORS_FIST_HELP</Tag>
		<English>May block up to fifth level unit attacks.</English>

"Fifth" rather than "sixth" because I think the original Mist Density on the Fist - 76 - is too high. 64 is probably better for the Fist, and 48 for the Hand. (I didn't quite understand the formula.)

ok got it.... ;)

ERROR! ERROR! ERROR!
Bzzzzzzzzzt!

CvFFHPLUS:
In ScionUnitCreated

Spoiler :

Code:
	if iUnitType==gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MARTYR_OF_PATRIA'): 
		if pPlayer.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_POISONS')):
			pUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_POISON_DRENCHED'),true)

The last line should use "unit.setHasPromotion" rather than "pUnit.setHasPromotion".

I could have sworn I tested that. Cosmic rays? LSD flashback?

tarq/sephi

since the file Scion_civ4featureinfos.xml is only in the scions/jotnar modules does this mean that it is only loaded if a player is playing as one of the two?

the reason i ask is the help file i created for the "haunted lands" isnt currently working. but i assume this could also be because the schema file is still being worked due to the changes with Tarques files??

just trying to get an idea of where the connections are here?

since the file Scion_civ4featureinfos.xml is only in the scions/jotnar modules does this mean that it is only loaded if a player is playing as one of the two?

Afaik it does not matter where a *_CIV4*.xml is located as long as it is in an subdirectory of wildmana/assets/modules/normalmodules/

However it does make the mod much more tidy, if all files a in their respective folders.

Module files (go in ScionSpell) with Wild Mana compatible versions of two Redactor spells from FF that were redacted from WM. :)

The spells are:

Grant Gift - Makes Undead Scion living units, cavalry mounts, ships, etc.
Mend Nature - Creates Haunted Lands tiles, radius 1.

EDIT: To get the most enjoyment from "Grant Gift" add the UNITCOMBATs "Naval" and "Siege" to the promotions "Cannibalize" and "Fear."

EDIT#2: Module removed. It was a) Bugged and b) Sephi merged a fixed version.

I found a couple of things in the Scion promotions file.
In FF the python check was based on the unit rather than the promotion. To get Haunts changing (sometimes) back to Ghostwalkers based on promo pyperturn, here's a Promo info that has the pyperturn line.
is there a reason you did not use pUnit.convert in the python for Haunts changing back?

I also cast The Breach and its benefits struck me as appropriate. I liked shooting for peace with everyone and open borders with as many as possible, to help get the new units home.

I did a testgame with the new Epic Destiny Victory and the Pax Patria condition really encourages a more diplomatic approach.

tarq/sephi

the reason i ask is the help file i created for the "haunted lands" isnt currently working. but i assume this could also be because the schema file is still being worked due to the changes with Tarques files??

just trying to get an idea of where the connections are here?

XML files are always loaded. Features have a Pedia entry which you can use to add your help text.

Top Bottom